Liahona

truthwalker

Liahona, the technical device.

If God is anti technology, why does he then give Nephi a highly advanced technical device? why did they need a manufactured compass?

And a compass who reacts on righteousness. Highly advanced.

Couldnt God just direct them through the holy spirit? lead them and show them the way? for what purpose did he give them Liahona?

This is just another key element why i believe God travels in spaceships. Not that he need to do it, like kings on earth travel in cars or with horses. But it shows the world their power. It would to me look quite funny if God for example just wore the temple garment. But if he wears a nice robe then his appearence shift to a more positive one. Illuminated stones like urim and tummim i can understand, they are just stones illuminated with the spiritual power of Gud. But Liahona is built in a factory and that to me proves that God uses technology for others and his own purposes.

Why would God need factories?? He has the power to create worlds from chaos?!! The fact that he gave the family of Lehi a physical device doesn't even come close to proving that "God travels in space craft". But it does prove that they still had to have faith in Him for it to work, so even though they had a device to show them the way, they still had to exercise faith in order for it to show them and tell them what they need to know and do.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it... :)

A little-considered fact is that "Liahona" is an anagram of "Hanoi-LA". Clearly, the Liahona was a device designed to guide Lehi's party from southeast Asia to the west coast of the Americas.

Also, "A HAL ion", demonstrating its hi-tech nature as well as a prophetic reference to heuristic algorithms, electronic computing, and AI.

Don't forget "Noah Ali", showing both the Lehites' naval adventure and the Nephites' later fight for survival against the Sonny Liston - Joe Frazier - George Foreman "secret" combination of the Lamanites.

Edited by Vort
Floods and fighting

truthwalker:

they are a little out of line, but you must understand what you are saying.

You are saying a compass guided by faith proves that God uses a spaceship!

IT SOUNDS RIDICULOUS!

Granted, it may make complete sense to you, but not to us. We are not as "enlightened." As for us, we are fine knowing that Jesus is the Christ and that his blood washes us clean. All things are appendages to that. It is not central to our salvation to know that God uses a spaceship. So personal, if i have to wait some period of time to progress in paradise because i knew Jesus was Christ but didnt know God had a spaceship, i think i will be fine learning that there.

If i would have the chance to publish about 25 quotes from the scriptures where we can find mentions of chariots who Hezekiel saw, chariots of 20 000 wich psalm talked about and so on, then you wouldnt laugh at me. But the administrators here deleted that article 3 times. So i dont have a fairly chance to explain myself why i believe God have spaceships. There are also pseudopigrapha sources wich elaborate that theme.

If its so ridiculous and wacky.. why erase my article. look at many other articles in here, some of them are pretty ridiculous and non important. But they are not erased.

When i say God have a spaceship i ruin the perfect mormon image these people have about this God we worship. If they wouldnt see my image as a threat, they wouldnt erase it. To me, God is not a lesser God if he lives on a planet like we do, and if he progress and can only stay at one place at a time and he uses technology far beyond our imaginations in hollywood movies. If you study the UFO subject it is clearly there are vehicles not from this world. Who are behind them? you must ask yourself that question before you go to bed and dream sweet dreams in your happy sheltered mormon world. I know.. i am also a mormon, and been there, done that.

And by the way. There are several Gods out there, maybe an infinite number. And God organised the matter in this galaxy. It is obvious that kolob is in the center of the milky way. God did not create the universe, it has always been there. And so have we. But he organised the matter in this side of universe. And how he did it? Yes, it is not clear, but he uses his word and command the matter and it obey. So gold, silver, iron, coal, whatever. They obey his voice. But Jesus was a carpenter, he uses his hand to create, maybe he could just talk and a chair would appear ready. But he uses his hands to create this chair. Maybe God does the same, he uses some sort of tool to gather the matter to form this planet. Not like a magician only with his hands. I dont know but filosofical it could be a right description about how he did it. Exactly how we dont know. I strongly believe God is a scientist and he learned step by step. Either the only force in universe is the priesthood. And the Gods only have access to this mysterious secret force. Obviously satan dont have total access to the secrets of heaven. if he would he could overthrow God. Or its both spiritual and technological. God uses his spiritual forces with tools like we do, to fix our car for example.

So long as we're speculating theories that are way out there...

Jesus Christ descends from the clouds when he visits the Nephites...there isn't an account of a "chariot" landing and Christ steps out.

I think Christ and God both have the power to defy gravity and just fly wherever they want. They don't need spaceships because they're well... of the Godhead.

I also think that God probably has the power to do that teleporting thing like they do in Star Trek ... but without a machine. But if he does have a machine, I'd want to be Scottie... Beam me up! :)

So long as we're speculating theories that are way out there...

Jesus Christ descends from the clouds when he visits the Nephites...there isn't an account of a "chariot" landing and Christ steps out.

I think Christ and God both have the power to defy gravity and just fly wherever they want. They don't need spaceships because they're well... of the Godhead.

I also think that God probably has the power to do that teleporting thing like they do in Star Trek ... but without a machine. But if he does have a machine, I'd want to be Scottie... Beam me up! :)

Maybe God really used photon torpedoes to destroy Sodom and Gommorrah...maybe

And by the way. There are several Gods out there, maybe an infinite number. And God organised the matter in this galaxy. It is obvious that kolob is in the center of the milky way. God did not create the universe, it has always been there. And so have we. But he organised the matter in this side of universe. And how he did it? Yes, it is not clear, but he uses his word and command the matter and it obey. So gold, silver, iron, coal, whatever. They obey his voice. But Jesus was a carpenter, he uses his hand to create, maybe he could just talk and a chair would appear ready. But he uses his hands to create this chair. Maybe God does the same, he uses some sort of tool to gather the matter to form this planet. Not like a magician only with his hands. I dont know but filosofical it could be a right description about how he did it. Exactly how we dont know. I strongly believe God is a scientist and he learned step by step. Either the only force in universe is the priesthood. And the Gods only have access to this mysterious secret force. Obviously satan dont have total access to the secrets of heaven. if he would he could overthrow God. Or its both spiritual and technological. God uses his spiritual forces with tools like we do, to fix our car for example.

ok, truth. Please cite your references. If you can provide us with scriptural (meaning canonical) or latter-day revelation regarding these things, great. Also, try and tell us how this would bring us closer to our Heavenly Father.

But, until then, i will file this away as rubbish.

I read Skousen. I love his teachings, but i don't file them as doctrinal. I don't put my heart in them, i just think they are neat. I don't know that his atonement talk in my signature is even close to church doctrine, i have seen that debated quite a bit. But i think it is interesting. But, i don't let my reading of Skousen cloud the scriptures. I could read Skousen all day and still not go to bed at night till i had sat down and studied, pondered, and prayed about the true scriptures.

There is a BIG difference in revealed truth and speculation.

Spaceships, photon torpedos, planet making tools, hollow earths, etc: Speculation

Jesus Christ the Savior, God the Father, repentence, forgiveness, grace, mercy, the atonement temple work, work for the dead, etc: Revealed Truth

"Jesus Christ the Savior, God the Father, repentence, forgiveness, grace, mercy, the atonement temple work, work for the dead, etc: Revealed Truth"

You do that.. we the rest rule the world and are trying to understand history and presense, not to perish in this society we must know our enemies. But hey, all you need is to sit and pray. You do that, its your life. You are quite different from the early pioneers. They understood the meaning of education in all subjects. to know the true history is not unimportant

If truthwalker wants to believe these things, then so be it.

I personally don't believe God flys around in a space ship. Though if truthwalker does, it doesn't change the fact that we both acknowledge him as the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, and Father of us all, and that his Son atoned and died for us.

To quote the singles ward 2: We are labled a peculiar people, some of us are a little more peculiar than others...

And yet, we are still one people, defined by our faith in God and the Plan of Salvation, among other things.

The connection are clear:

Psalms

68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place. 18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.

Zechariah

6:1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.

If the nephilim were fallen angels associated with Satan, And if these UFO today are the nephilim. Then logical if Satan have vehicles so does God. It is clear, just look at the stone at baalbek. That no human or humans can lift those stones. Giants and or Angels did it.

This is no theories, its a clear warning. Do your research on this. Maybe not your salvation depends on it, but your life.

I have studied the Liahona and all references and studies pertaining to it. The Lord gave the Liahona to Nephi's family to symbolize the simplicity of following the light, meaning following Christ. Christ is the only Light of mankind and wanted to be their light in the wilderness. It was a very important lesson for them, especially for Laman and Lemuel to learn that through such simple means the Lord can bring about salvation.

Reference: http://www.lds.net/forums/share/9872-ball-curious-workmanship-other-bom-wonders.html

Truthwalker, I appreciate some of the posts that I've read of yours, but honestly, spaceships and the Holy Priesthood are two completely different things. It is through the Priesthood that God does all things. I personally don't believe that God travels in spaceships and though the scriptures could conceivably be used to support such theories, they solidify the fact that it is through the Priesthood that God does things. If you haven't been through the temple yet, then perhaps you can't quite fully understand. Until then, best wishes.