Spiders

MorningStar

Anyone know anything about spiders? My husband just found a white spider with a red back. I googled it and can't find anything on it. We live in Western Washington. We're really curious about what kind it is.

I'm not so curious about the huge spider that tried to attack me in the kitchen last week. My husband thought he got him, but all he got was one of its legs and then it ran under the cabinets. I know it wants to hurt me in my sleep because it heard me call for a shoe.

Can a spider with a missing leg live long, do you think? I hope it's dead. It ran into the kitchen towards me and whichever way I moved, it followed me.

Can't some spiders regrow their legs?

Guest GhostRider

lol...and ppl wonder y i have cats!!! course the siamese will actually come and get me if its bigger than her paw....Come Kill This thing daddy!

This thing followed you? wow! A firend shot a Camel Spider in Iraq...this thing was chasing him and his partner. litteraly running him down...Him being the redneck that he is...mounted it!

Go to one of my favorites websites. Go to the left side down about half way and click on spiders....or you can take a pic and post it and ask them to id the wee skittery beastie.

What's That Bug?

PS. I can handle just about anything that creeps crawls or slithers with no problem but spiders give me a serious case of the heebie -jeebies so when I got married I told my husband he had 2 choices. He could kill the spiders as soon as he saw them or he could patch the bullet holes ,because I will get my .22 out to dispatch them. I am a wicked good shot !:D

In Australia redback funnel webb spiders don't kill but avoid them down-under those spiders are just plain mean they just attack very aggressive by nature according to my auntie(supposed expert on how to kill anything with more than four legs) she says "The broom sorts at the dead from the not so dead spiders"

Our neighborhood is having an epidemic (of biblical proportions) of spiders. We actually made the paper. We've only lived here for 3 months and I was thinking we better move, but all my neighbors said this is the worst its ever been. We have these huge gray and white spiders that I can't find on the internet. I've been told they are saltair spiders but you cant find much info on them. And we have a ton of big black widows. The problem is I have a 2 year old that loves spiderman therefore loves spiders.:eek:

yeah...spiders give me the creeps. One day there was a HUGE one on the wall. I threw a shoe and ran the other way screaming for Bryan to come kill it. He laughed at me for days!!! The funny part is I have a big black rubber spider on my desk at work. His name is Sheldon. I love him :)

Edited by siouxz72
i can't type

PS. I can handle just about anything that creeps crawls or slithers with no problem but spiders give me a serious case of the heebie -jeebies

It is strange, because spiders do not bother me a bit. However, snakesl. . . I can hardly type the word, that's how visceral my terror of them is. I have tried to watch them at the zoo, but I always have to leave.

Changing my subject: a black widow bit my daughter when she was 16. It was horrific. She was in so much pain they gave her major drugs, plus a lot of xanax to help the anxiety she experienced because of her pain.

She was also close to organ failure, but she made it to the ER in time. However, most people do not die from a black widow bite.

Needless to say, she is so deathly afraid of spiders it is a real problem. In fact, if her boyfriend is not home with her, and she sees a spider, she becomes paralyzed with fear. She is pathological about shaking her clothes out, and wears layers to bed, etc,

And if her boyfriend isn't home and she sees a spider, she calls me, sobbing, begging me to come over and get it.

And, of course, I do. She's my baby.

Elphaba

Go to one of my favorites websites. Go to the left side down about half way and click on spiders....or you can take a pic and post it and ask them to id the wee skittery beastie.

What's That Bug?

PS. I can handle just about anything that creeps crawls or slithers with no problem but spiders give me a serious case of the heebie -jeebies so when I got married I told my husband he had 2 choices. He could kill the spiders as soon as he saw them or he could patch the bullet holes ,because I will get my .22 out to dispatch them. I am a wicked good shot !:D

Oh. My. Gosh. Breezy Girl- I did that to the very black, silky looking 4 legged critter that was scampering all over my bathroom when I moved into the dilapidated mobile home on our 10 acres. I "killed" the washing machine, the dryer and then the hot water heater. Also killed the venting to our furnace with my wild shots! I used my Remington 25 semi-automatic hand pistol. ALL this while sitting on the 'throne'!

Never did kill the varmit- found out it was a wood rat. They are harder than hades to trap too- he threw the mouse trap at me from under the dead washing machine! Finally got him and his family with One Bite Bar!

Then husband took my gun away from me- so I used my canister vacuum. Sucked 'em up. Mice, spiders, insects, anything that would fit in the hose.

Then I took it outside and very, very carefully dumped the vacuum bag in the burning barrel and ROASTED their rotten hides. Bwahahahahah- I am LETHAL with a canister vacuum!

Guest GhostRider

Lol Iggy!!!!

I like spiders...the never bothered me...no snakes!!! oh no!!!! get the gun!!!

My ex used to hate any insect or arachnid....she about freaked when I would hold praying mantis or an orb spider...would let the spiders literaly weave a web in my hand. Like the time that i told her to kill a bug cause i was busy...oh did i learn the leasson!! Heard Crash..Ran out and she is beating the lamp due to a moth! ooops...after that! me mighty Bug Hunter!! lol..sorry..i just dont like the really BIG ones..like Camel Spiders! now those things are mean...ornery..and will chase ya! thank goodness i never ran into one of those!!! lol