Lakers

Dr T

Thanks Pammy. Kobe is slowing down for sure but I'd gladly put the ball in his hands and it will be very fun for me to watch my boys play next season with all the new dynamics. I'm loving what this team could do. I thought the same when we had Malone, "the glove" and others but we went nowhere.

Actually what he said was:

“Some of those wing players — were also a lot older, at kind of the end of their careers. We have just a bunch of young racehorses, guys that are eager to compete.

“So I don’t know. It’d be a tough one, but I think we’d pull it out.”

Yet he is older than Jordan, Barclay and most of the members of the Dream Team. Kobe is almost 34. Jordan, Barclay, Pippen were all in their late 20's.

So yeh..Kobe ran off his mouth without true facts to back him up.

Barclay? I think you're meaning Barkley. lol.

• 5 weeks later...

Lakers signed Somogyi and Nelson.

Somogyi, a 7-3 center out of UC Santa Barbara, played all four years for the Gauchos where he posted career averages of 3.5 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 12.2 minutes. Somogyi most recently played for the 2012 Lakers Summer League team where he averaged 1.2 points, 1.6 rebounds in 7.2 minutes.

Nelson, a 6-8 forward out of UCLA, was also a member of the 2012 Lakers Summer League team where he averaged 4.0 points and 5.3 rebounds in 16.3 minutes of play. Named to the All- PAC 10 first team following his sophomore year, Nelson played in 68 games for the Bruins averaging 12.1 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 27.0 minutes.

info from Lakers.com here: LAKERS SIGN GREG SOMOGYI AND REEVES NELSON | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS

The Lakers also signed a 7-0 forward/center out of Gonzaga, Robert Sacre that played in our summer league.

Sacre finished his career with the Bulldogs ranked second all-time in school history in career blocks (186) while averaging 9.4 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 135 games. As a senior, Sacre was named the 2012 WCC Defensive Player of the Year as well as an All-WCC First-Team honoree while averaging 11.6 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks. Most recently, Sacre started all five games for the Lakers 2012 Summer League team in Las Vegas, averaging 9.0 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in 30.0 minutes.

from Lakers.com here LAKERS SIGN ROBERT SACRE | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS

• 1 month later...

My boys begin the regular NBA season tomorrow. We have lost every preseason game this year as we are working on a transition to a new offense, the Princeton from the triangle. Yes, we lost them all but I can expect that as we learn what to do in that new format. I'm going to say, "We will take it all this year." The experts have picked the Lakers and the Heat to be in the finals with Miami winning the whole thing. We look great on paper, I love the looks of this season can be very fun. I hope we get out legs under us quickly and people stay healthy. GO LAKERS in 2012-2013! Come join us as we go through this season.

I think Miami is going to be a hard team to beat. With Lebron and Wade, and if they truly learn to play together as Pippin and Jordan, my goodness, they will be tough.

That is my only beef with the Lakers, Kobe hasn't truly learned to play with this teammates, even when Shaq was with him.

Instead of playing together and winning, they wanted to argue who was the best player.

Game one of NBA season for the Lakers begins tonight at 7:30 PM PT in our house vs. Mavs. Kobe says there is an 85% chance he will play in this opener tonight barring any setbacks and he will see how he feels at Staples tonight. Hill will also likely play. We'll see how it gos. It may be watch on TNT and it is also on ESPN radio I think

Sorry I didn't follow up more quickly. I was sick for the past few days and not able to post. The first game of the season we lost. :( We looked to be a team sort of a "fish out of water" sometimes. We began strong, I was pleased and then we fell apart. I kept thinking, "This does not look like my team!" Pau played very well and I appreciated Hill too. I was worried about Howard and the number of minutes he played. I was thinking, "Rest him, rest him. I love watching Nash play too. I wish he could have not been left alone as much, he can create space, pass the ball and when he did I loved it. 1 down and a million to go. "We are playing for June." I hope we shape up way before that. So far, we are defeated. :(

Game two vs. the Blazers, we lost again. We fell by 10 points. Again, we are defeated. :( We have out work cut out for us. The plan is to stay the course, I just hope we start clicking and dominating like we do. GO LAKERS! I didn't get to see the game, Nash hurt his leg and he doubts he will play the Clips. He did not rule it out but it worried me. I hope he recovers quickly.

We dropped out 3rd game to the Clippers by 10 points. Nash has a fractured leg, Kobe opens up about his foot pain to which he said, "It feels like it's going to fall off" and we have the worst NBA record so far. Only one other team in history, the Bulls, began the season 0-3 and were able to come back to win it all that year. We play again tonight vs. the Pistons as we look to get our first victory. Wow, I don't like how this is looking for my boys. Do we consider returning to the triangle offense?

We added another in the L column tonight vs Utah Jazz. We fell to them 95-86. We are now 1 and 4. I am not used to being on this side in the win/loss record. Utah played tougher than we did today. We did not play very well tonight. Kobe did post 29 points but had a rough time getting his points. Utah won the first, second, and final quarters. Wow, this is not fun for me. I'm ready to start winning now.

WOW!

The Los Angeles Lakers have relieved Mike Brown of his head coaching duties, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. Assistant Coach Bernie Bickerstaff will take over as interim head coach for tonight’s game against the Golden State Warriors. A search for a new head coach will begin immediately.

This is an interesting development. I look forward to how this changes my boys play.