What movies/songs have made you cry?

Gatsby

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you have all listed some great movies that jerks the tears from the ol' eyes for sure.

But one I remember when I was a wee little lad was called 'Brians Song'

It was about the relationship of the great Chicago Bears running back Gayle Sayers and Brian Piccolo, another running back for Chicago who died of cancer. They were the first Black-White roomates in sports.

I remember after watching this movie I went up to my bedroom and cried like a newborn baby.

Oh my stars..... let me see......It might be easier to list the ones that don't make me cry. :)

Let's start with "Lars and the Real Girl" when the girl has to die in the end. Who knew that movie would make me cry?

And then there is "Beaches" with Bet Midler when her best friend dies and she sings "beneath my wings".

Oh....and we can't forget such wonderful movies as "I am Sam" or "Little Women" when she comes down to find the Christmas piano or "Glory" when Denzel takes the whipping.

Heck I cry at everything. I am pretty sure I could add a few Mcdonald's commercials followed by episodes of "Little House on the Prairie".

In the immortal words of Dolly Parton.. ......"Laughter thru tears is my favorite emotion!" :)

In the immortal words of Dolly Parton.. ......"Laughter thru tears is my favorite emotion!"

:)

Someone mentioned it but Steel Magnolias is another one of my favorites and yes does make me cry every time I watch it.

movies:

Schindler's (sp?) list (that was my pre-LDS life, might be rated R)

Braveheart

Dances with Wolves (I was a kid, but when Cisco (the horse) and Two Socks (the wolf) get shot I bawled my little eyes out, still would if I watched it again today)

and just the other day (my boyfriend laughed at me, but...) I cried at the end of WallE

And as for songs:

I need thee every hour

me and Emily (because I AM Emily)

I'm not the kind of guy who takes pride in crying or likes to admit it but a movie that really touched me was Million Dollar Baby. The movie is so sad yet a must see movie. When I read the reviews on it some people complained that it was too depressing, too negative, and too "true".

I absolutely love it! It got 4 academy awards. I strongly recommend that others watch this movie.

YouTube - Million Dollar Baby Theatrical Trailer

Song: United States National Anthem

Movies:

1) Braveheart

2) Last of the Mohichans

3) Patriot

4) Legends of the Fall

5) GodFather III

6) Passion of the Christ

7) We were soldiers once; and young

8) The Alamo

9) The Longest Day