Reflections on 2008

pam

As the year winds down it always seems to make me reflect on the hilights or lows of the past year. What headlines made the big news etc.

What are some of your reflections on the past year. What do you think were some of the biggest headlines of the year? Keep in mind that these are opinions only so not attacking here!!!

There have been soooo many this year but one that made me extremely happy is seeing OJ Simpson finally getting what's due him.

What are yours?

Michael Phelps was very exciting to watch. My children are all competitive swimmers at the high school level. My youngest still coaches swimming. I love the sport and the sportsmanship that swimming teaches.

The year was difficult for me too. I'm hoping it gets better in 2009, but in the meantime I'm smiling and enjoying the blessings.

Also an extremely challenging year for my family. I'll look forward to next year, which I hope will continue to look up for us.

I think the biggest events of the past year are:

1. The financial crises

2. Barack Obama as president

3. The financial crises

4. George W Bush in "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches" on David Letterman

5. The near collapse of the Republican party

6. Prop 8

7. The financial crises

On a personal note...this year I moved into my own place and it's completely paid off!!!! That was a good thing about 2008.

Highlight for me was buying a house actually big enough to fit us all and some land to raise my 4 boys on! So yours is paid off, Pam, while I have to start the the mortgage game again from scratch! Yea for me! :eek:

Highlight for me was buying a house actually big enough to fit us all and some land to raise my 4 boys on! So yours is paid off, Pam, while I have to start the the mortgage game again from scratch! Yea for me! :eek:

I was extremely lucky in having an amazing friend that gave me my home as a gift.

4. George W Bush in "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches" on David Letterman

There needs to be a compendium of these speech moments to play continuously in the auditorium of the George W. Bush Presidential Library. This would be especially good for youngsters who may not be familiar with the second President Bush. Maybe David Letterman could even do an introduction to this momument to moments.