YeeeHaaaaa

havejoy

I have been released as RS President! I hope to have actual free time and my life back. I feel like so many things slipped thru during my time as pres. It's good to be free. The RS pres before me had 8 kids at home. I don't know how she did it but she did it well.

Now maybe I can just teach Sunday School to the teenagers (my new calling) for awhile and enjoy my free time. Yay!

I have been released as RS President! I hope to have actual free time and my life back. I feel like so many things slipped thru during my time as pres. It's good to be free. The RS pres before me had 8 kids at home. I don't know how she did it but she did it well.

Now maybe I can just teach Sunday School to the teenagers (my new calling) for awhile and enjoy my free time. Yay!

Lucky you...I still have another four years to go in my church position. :D

congrats to you on your release....:)

Lucky you...I still have another four years to go in my church position. :D

And you know this how Hemi? :)

It has been my experience and observation over 50 years that if you place an expected date of release on any calling, you might just end up there longer. :D Just recently this happened to in our Ward.

applepansy

My mom was the ward organist in a ward for almost 30 years. Maybe it was because she was the ONLY one that could play the organ. lol

The Organist postion is a tough one. There is usually only one who knows how, if there is anyone at all.

Our Ward organist is in her early 50s and has been playing since she was a teenager. (After she got married she built a house next door to mom and dad.) She was taught by the man who played the organ before.

:)

applepansy

You asked the obverse question when called. ^_^

oh my! :D Now you're using big WORDS Hemi. :eek:

ob·verse

Pronunciation: \äb-ˈvərs, əb-, ˈäb-ˌ\

Function: adjective

1 : facing the observer or opponent

2 : having the base narrower than the top <an obverse leaf>

3 : constituting the obverse of something : opposite

— ob·verse·ly adverb

Sorry. . . I'm lost. But then that's a normal state of being for me. My family says I'm always lost. :o

Merry Christmas.:)

applepansy

• 2 months later...

Christmas?:o:)

I hope people don't mind the reviving of old threads, some places like it others take it as "oh yeah, I forgot to delete that" :(

I started out as the third teacher of one lovely young woman, then taught the 6 year olds, then primary choruster, relief society choruster, RS teacher, back to primary, then nursery, now back to Primary with one 11 year old with Angelman's syndrome...anyone heard of that? It's rare. This lovely girl is profoundly mentally retarded and nonverbal, has mobility problems. She can walk but is...clumsy? and needs to be in her wheelchair mostly because she likes to wander. An interesting aspect of this disorder is that she is or appears to be happy almost always. She often laughs and smiles and makes loud vocalizations, which merit a walk that is welcome for her. Itis a blessing to be with her and it will be better because now I will be more of a teacher than a babysitter by showing her gospel related pictures and explaining them. I can never know how much she does or does not understand, it can be surprisingly much or surprisingly little depending among other things on her interest.

My point after all this hijacking rambling is that RS teacher was my favorite calling and I miss it. I would also love to teach the young women.

The only caveat with feedback is that sometimes the long winded people need to be encouraged to tone it down a bit (like me) and others need encouragement to speak up...if this is still relevant.

oh my! :D Now you're using big WORDS Hemi. :eek:

ob·verse

Pronunciation: \äb-ˈvərs, əb-, ˈäb-ˌ\

Function: adjective

1 : facing the observer or opponent

2 : having the base narrower than the top <an obverse leaf>

3 : constituting the obverse of something : opposite

— ob·verse·ly adverb

Sorry. . . I'm lost. But then that's a normal state of being for me. My family says I'm always lost. :o

Merry Christmas.:)

applepansy

I'm guessing he meant "obvious." It was obvious to me, anyway. :P

Well, I had a nice little break but now I've been called as Primary President. I've never been in Primary in any capacity. Not as a child. Not as a teacher. Nothing. I hope nobody dies. :eek:

I think this proves God has a sense of humor.

They always say that the best and brightest are needed with the children ... personally anyone under 12 scares me silly! I have my teenagers (14-16) in SS and I love them so much. Most don't want to teach the teens .. although I do miss teaching in RS.

I can wholy appreciate your joy, but should we not consider a calling of any sort a blessing? Because i know for certain they are. My bet would be yer new calling will make you appreciative of the great wisdom you gained in R.S calling. And somehow will bless others. {and yourself}.:)

Well, my newest calling is Primary President so I will use the wisdom I gained as RS President. That is to go to the Temple and ask for guidance often and to pray a bunch in between Temple trips.

That's the big thing I learned. That God does not want me to fail and He will give me inspiration....all I have to do is ask and listen.

I know that each generation is more choice than the one before and as a grandma I don't really feel worthy to be teaching them. But, I'm already feeling a little less overwhelmed and am starting to feel more love than fear for these little ones.

• 2 weeks later...