I don't get this

pam

In the last days man will lack natural affection. We're there baby!

Sounds as though the sicko was jealous that the mother loved the baby more than the creep. How's the best way to hurt her? Hurt her baby. This also shows how important it is for mothers to think more about the safety of their children than their romance lives!

The most chilling statement made in the article to me was this:

When asked by reporters if he had thrown the child out of the car window, McTear answered, "It's a dirty game. A dirty game."

A game even a dirty one? What kind of game is it to throw an innocent baby out of a car?

The most chilling statement made in the article to me was this:

A game even a dirty one? What kind of game is it to throw an innocent baby out of a car?

I think the dirty game is the one he's been playing with the mom. "Let's see................ how much can I hurt her this time? What one t hing would hurt her the most? hummmmmm ?

Oh, I got it!!! Hurt that dern baby of hers! That'll show her! "

There have been disturbed people since the beginning of mankind, we just get to hear about them from all over the world now because of communication technology.

Yes, there have been disturbed people since the beginning of mankind. CAin killed Abel, right? But the depth of inhumanity and lack of feelings toward another living creature have not been to the unthinkable level that we see today. Yes, technology plays in to the increasing incidences of horror by not only reporting it, but perpetrating it by planting seeds of evil and perverseness in to those disturbed minds that could be capable of unspeakable pain.

To grade whether these types of horror are happening with more frequency and greater number percentage wise, you would have to study these things far back in time. If you would choose to study these things on a truth seeking quest, you would find that indeed, such inhumanity is on the increase. It has been done.

Pro choice advocates pointed out previous to abortion rights that child abuse would decrease when women had the choice of whether or not to have an unwanted child. Stating that children born in to homes where a child was not wanted was the incubator of abuse. TIme has proven however that AFTER women were legally allowed to kill their infants in the womb child abuse has skyrocketed. WHy? Studies have shown that the disrespect of the pre-born child actually flows over to the living children and that the value or respect of life has decreased.

THe increase in technology does report of inhumanity but it also perpetrates it. The devaluation of girls and women has risen to the point that 3 out of every 5 girls have been or will be sexually abused by the time they are 18. This includes the sexualizing of children up to date rape in teenagers. If you choose to believe that these statistics are only due to an increase of reporting and technology making information available, then go ahead. Believe what you want. After all, we do all have our free agency.

Yes, there have been disturbed people since the beginning of mankind. CAin killed Abel, right? But the depth of inhumanity and lack of feelings toward another living creature have not been to the unthinkable level that we see today. Yes, technology plays in to the increasing incidences of horror by not only reporting it, but perpetrating it by planting seeds of evil and perverseness in to those disturbed minds that could be capable of unspeakable pain.

To grade whether these types of horror are happening with more frequency and greater number percentage wise, you would have to study these things far back in time. If you would choose to study these things on a truth seeking quest, you would find that indeed, such inhumanity is on the increase. It has been done.

Pro choice advocates pointed out previous to abortion rights that child abuse would decrease when women had the choice of whether or not to have an unwanted child. Stating that children born in to homes where a child was not wanted was the incubator of abuse. TIme has proven however that AFTER women were legally allowed to kill their infants in the womb child abuse has skyrocketed. WHy? Studies have shown that the disrespect of the pre-born child actually flows over to the living children and that the value or respect of life has decreased.

THe increase in technology does report of inhumanity but it also perpetrates it. The devaluation of girls and women has risen to the point that 3 out of every 5 girls have been or will be sexually abused by the time they are 18. This includes the sexualizing of children up to date rape in teenagers. If you choose to believe that these statistics are only due to an increase of reporting and technology making information available, then go ahead. Believe what you want. After all, we do all have our free agency.

You've already made up your mind so there's not much point in discussing it. You can believe what you want as well and I'll leave it at that.

But the depth of inhumanity and lack of feelings toward another living creature have not been to the unthinkable level that we see today.

That statement seems obviously false. I would suggest a more thorough reading of the darker parts of human history, georgia2. Here's a short list of subjects:

* Cambodia after Vietnam

* Pogroms against Jews through their history

* Human sacrifice of the Mayans and Aztecs. Or the Ancient Egyptians, Mesopotamians, and Chineese, who killed off slaves and servants when the master died. Or the Phonecians and Carthaginians, who sacrificed infants to their gods. Or the Celts, who filled wicker statues with living humans and burned them. Or the tantric Indians, killing each other in connection to worshiping Shakti.

* What Ghengis Khan did when he conquered a village

* Stories from the Holocaust

* The accounts of abuses and genocide in the Book of Mormon

Then I'm sure you can share a study or two with us. Call For References.

I'm thinking you're watching the horrible stuff on the news and getting (rightfully) shocked and dismayed. But I'm thinking you're dead wrong about such things being worse now than at any point in the past.

LM

That statement seems obviously false. I would suggest a more thorough reading of the darker parts of human history, georgia2. Here's a short list of subjects:

* Cambodia after Vietnam

* Pogroms against Jews through their history

* Human sacrifice of the Mayans and Aztecs. Or the Ancient Egyptians, Mesopotamians, and Chineese, who killed off slaves and servants when the master died. Or the Phonecians and Carthaginians, who sacrificed infants to their gods. Or the Celts, who filled wicker statues with living humans and burned them. Or the tantric Indians, killing each other in connection to worshiping Shakti.

* What Ghengis Khan did when he conquered a village

* Stories from the Holocaust

* The accounts of abuses and genocide in the Book of Mormon

Then I'm sure you can share a study or two with us. Call For References.

I'm thinking you're watching the horrible stuff on the news and getting (rightfully) shocked and dismayed. But I'm thinking you're dead wrong about such things being worse now than at any point in the past.

LM

Hey Guys,

What I was talking about in my response was in relation to the revelations from the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants. The Prophet Joseph was told that these types of things would grow and increase until the Second Coming, BEGINNING with the Civil War. Several of the atrocities you mention happened after this point in time. One of the differences in what I was thinking and the examples you mentioned, are the relationship of the victim to the victimizer. Many of these examples are of atrocities against a groups enemies or a group of people who were believed to be "less" than them. The reference to "men lacking in natural affection" is when people do these horrible things to their own families, children, their own neighbors. Who needs enemies when your own people do these things to each other.

The studies I was referring to are recent studies that show the increase of violence and dehumanizing of those who were in the past held as sacred.

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever alearning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Timothy 3:1-7

28 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.

29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the abarren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. Luke 23:28 &29.

34 And again, verily I say unto you, O inhabitants of the earth: I the Lord am willing to make these things known unto all flesh;

35 For I am no respecter of persons, and will that all men shall know that the day speedily cometh; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand, when peace shall be taken from the earth, and the devil shall have power over his own dominion.

36 And also the Lord shall have power over his saints, and shall reign in their midst, and shall come down in judgment upon the world.

37 Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.

38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

39 For behold, and lo, the Lord is God, and the Spirit beareth record, and the record is true, and the truth abideth forever and ever. Amen

D & C 1:34-39