Words or phrases you dislike

Mahone

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alana

'have' as in 'I have to go do this.' It bothers me.

Also, the word 'retarded', especially since I'll say it now and then, it creeps up on me even though I don't want to use it.

Crap, too. My mom would say it with such anger, it really sounded like a bad bad word. It also say it when I get mad and my lack of self controll frustrates me.

Truthfully (when you use this word, it means you're not truthful the rest of the time).

Honestly, or "to be honest with you" (same as truthfully).

Always & Never are two words to always remember never to use.

A recent one of mine is "chillax" - dunno how this got into usage by anyone above the age of 10 lol.

I also dislike it when people say "I'll give 150%" - hmmm, how is that possible?

Lol, so what words or phrases do you dislike?

The word "dunno". Okay just teasing you Mahone. :P

The phrase on ads.."absolutely freeeeeee"

A few that are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me...

"I've got to go." even worse is "I gotta go." (I have to go...I need to go.)

"You've got mail." "I've got to go shopping." (You have mail...I have/need to go shopping.

"I don't got none." (I do not have any or I don't have any.)

I do not like the word "aint" or "yeah" (is it really that hard to say YES?)

I think our way of speaking has become very lazy and ugly...even illiterate sounding. :(

You know, and ahhhh, First and Foremost. I also agree with the 150%. Impossible for someone to give more than 100%.

You just haven't been in the public education system for a while. :lol:

Gay, as in "that's so gay", or "don't be gay". My kids hear this all the time at school and even at church. No matter how one feels about homosexuality, I find it offensive to take a word that describes a certain group and turn it into an insult.

Hmmm... I find it FAAAAAAAAAR more annoying that the homosexuals adopted a word that used to mean HAPPY as the moniker for their sexual orientation. And it's doubly ironic that they picked a word meaning "happy", considering the suicide rate of homeosexuals.

But don't mind me. I use the word "gay" like it's going out of style... which is also rather amusing, because its modern interpretation has become quite trendy as of late...

Being on an LDS forum, the first word that came to mind was "moisture". Why can't we thank God for the rain? Or for the snow? Why does every publicly offered prayer express gratitude for "moisture"???

How about "hope" and "change" ??? They're just killing me these days. At this point I'm just hoping for a quick change...