LDS Pres.

Dr T

I assume you mean for prophet?

As far as old, it is because that is the pattern by which the prophet has been called. When you call the next prophet using the method we have, the prophet will probably be old.

As far as caucasian, since the prophets are called at an older age, you have to go back to the early 1900s to look at the demographics of the church. That's what the population of the church was largely made of.

Ever wonder why the most Stake leaders are typically called from the largest wards? Same reasoning. If you take too many good leaders when there are few to be had, you will do more harm in those areas than if you take them from well established areas.

I have no doubt we will have more and more GAs from all over the world as time moves on.

I don't think God only wants any one race or people. That's kind of a trick question. In fact, it appears like a rhetorical question coming from someone as yourself who obviously knows the answer. But, I can't figure out why you asked, unless you implied this answer in your question to make a point. I guess I'm slower than the average Joe. However, I answered anyway for those who don't know the answer, and might look unfavorably at the church, as if the church does racially discriminate.

I assume you mean for prophet?

As far as old, it is because that is the pattern by which the prophet has been called. When you call the next prophet using the method we have, the prophet will probably be old.

As far as caucasian, since the prophets are called at an older age, you have to go back to the early 1900s to look at the demographics of the church. That's what the population of the church was largely made of.

Ever wonder why the most Stake leaders are typically called from the largest wards? Same reasoning. If you take too many good leaders when there are few to be had, you will do more harm in those areas than if you take them from well established areas.

I have no doubt we will have more and more GAs from all over the world as time moves on.

I don't think God only wants any one race or people. That's kind of a trick question. In fact, it appears like a rhetorical question coming from someone as yourself who obviously knows the answer. But, I can't figure out why you asked, unless you implied this answer in your question to make a point. I guess I'm slower than the average Joe. However, I answered anyway for those who don't know the answer, and might look unfavorably at the church, as if the church does racially discriminate.

Hey Justice,

I'm not sure if this quote was speaking to my OP or somebody else in this thread.

Hey Justice,

I'm not sure if this quote was speaking to my OP or somebody else in this thread.

No, he was referring to the polemic statement by Snow about "old, caucasian [sic] US Americans." Why are most leaders white? Because 50 years ago the church was a quarter of the size it is today, and was primarily still in Utah. Thomas S. Monson was called as an apostle in 1963. There were 13 temples in the world. We have grown a little since then.

I thought it was the presiding member of The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I did not think age was a factor, just a natural result of time passing on ones way up the ladder.

You're right. However, the result of the process means the senior member will probably be older as opposed to younger.

And, you're right too bytebear, thank you.

No, he was referring to the polemic statement by Snow about "old, caucasian [sic] US Americans." Why are most leaders white? Because 50 years ago the church was a quarter of the size it is today, and was primarily still in Utah. Thomas S. Monson was called as an apostle in 1963. There were 13 temples in the world. We have grown a little since then.

None of which speaks to my questions which asked why God wants only old US American prophets.