Why am i a liberal l.d.s?

jadams_4040

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Objective to what?

I was being sarcastic. The National Right to Life Organization is a pro-life group, which means that they are biased and they have an agenda. All such organizations, whether they're pro-life or pro-choice, liberal or conservative, ALL of them are willing to lie and deceive in order to push their respective agendas.

I'm looking for a direct quote from the president advocating euthanasia and population control through abortion. If he does in fact support these things, then it shouldn't be too hard to find a non-biased source that quotes him. Public records and whatnot.

AGAINST THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, AT HOME AND ABROAD: PRESIDENT OBAMA EXPECTED TO REPEAL MEXICO CITY POLICY

January 22, 2009

iiiiiii

INTRODUCTION

Originally announced in 1984 by President Ronald Reagan, the Mexico City Policy prohibits foreign non-governmental organizations (FNGOs) from receiving federal funds if such FNGOs “perform or actively promote abortion as a method of family planning.”1 Thus far, the fate of this important pro-life measure has proven to be inextricably linked to the political persuasions of the individual occupying the Oval Office. Remaining in effect under both President Reagan and President George H.W. Bush, the policy was rescinded under President Bill Clinton, reimplemented under President George W. Bush, and now threatens to be rescinded yet again by President Barack Obama. If the new President makes good on his promise to repeal the Mexico City Policy today, Americans can count on even more of their tax dollars being used to promote abortion –this time, overseas.

HISTORICAL AND STATUTORY FRAMEWORK

The Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (FAA), 22 U.S.C. § 2151 et seq. (2008), authorizes the President to “furnish assistance, on such terms and conditions as he may determine, for voluntary population planning.” 22 U.S.C. § 2151b(b).

http://www.aclj.org/media/pdf/ACLJ_ObamaExpectedtoRepealMexicoCityPolicy.pdf

Say Gramd,aAri,

Are you the same Ari that used to post here who incessantly whined and whined and whined and was repeatedly banned and banned and banned... or are you someone different?

If you are the old one, can you please drop the endless quoting and quoting and quoting?

Edited by Snow

Say Gramd,aAri,

Are you the same Ari that used to post here who incessantly whined and whined and whined and was repeatedly banned and banned and banned... or are you someone different?

If you are the old one, can you please drop the endless quoting and quoting and quoting?

Don't look now but you misspelled "Gramd,a" ... ;)

You may quote and quote and quote me.

So are you the old grandmari that people found so distasteful and undesirable or are you a new ari?

Snow, take it to PM or the Mods. It would be inappropriate and likely against forum rules for me to ask you if you are the same Snow that people have found whatever on these forums. If you believe this is so, take it private. Otherwise, please drop it.

I am hardly attacking her. I assume it is not the former ARi since she is banned. I don't know who the new person is.

There was an old poster that was repeatedly banned and would simply re-register as a new poster over and over. If that her and there is a decision to let her back on the board, can't we know if it is the same person? I doubt that multiple identities are acceptable?

It's okay if it is her, lots of us have been given the boot... and if it is, get ready for a very bumpy ride,

Edited by Snow

It would be inappropriate and likely against forum rules for me to ask you if you are the same Snow that people have found whatever on these forums. If you believe this is so, take it private. Otherwise, please drop it.

Nope - anytime anyone wants to know exactly which poster I am and what posts I have made, I'll gladly answer. I am Snow and have always been Snow on LDS.net and do not post under alternate names.

I was being sarcastic. The National Right to Life Organization is a pro-life group, which means that they are biased and they have an agenda. All such organizations, whether they're pro-life or pro-choice, liberal or conservative, ALL of them are willing to lie and deceive in order to push their respective agendas.

I'm looking for a direct quote from the president advocating euthanasia and population control through abortion. If he does in fact support these things, then it shouldn't be too hard to find a non-biased source that quotes him. Public records and whatnot.

WSJ: Obama and Shinseki now pressuring Veterans toward Euthanasia

The Wall Street Journal just published a shocking editorial written by a respected University President, confirming the Obama Administration is now using VA hospitals to order doctors to pressure all military veterans to sign "pull the plug" do-not-resuscitate orders, hastening their premature deaths through mandatory "end of life" counseling.

President Jim Towey of Saint Vincent's College, founder of the non-profit "Aging With Dignity" and former White House Director of faith based initiatives, wrote a blistering expose entitled "The Death Book For Veterans," revealing President Obama's new Veterans Administration (VA) directive, presumably signed by VA Secretary, General (ret.) Eric Shinseki, which mandates all veterans' primary care physicians must graphically discuss "end of life planning" with all VA patients (not merely those nearing death), and must refer them to "Your Life, Your Choices," a book that openly encourages Euthanasia and was written with guidance from the group formerly known as the Hemlock Society. That same pro-suicide group now boasts on their web-site of directly leading the charge to ensure "end of life counseling" is mandated in the Obamacare bill, HR 3200.

Ameripac | Homepage

(deletd link to a page asking for donations to fund a cause)

Edited by pam

Thank you for the cut and past Grandma, do you have something that you yourself would like to contribute or could you answer the poster's question that you quoted?

And while you are at it, could you post to the Living Will instructions that you are so opposed to along with what you - and your cut and paste - claim are encouragement to kill yourself if you are feeling blue?

I doubt that you can or will post the what is really said in the instructions because if you did, it wouldn't say what you want others to believe what it says - so instead you quote someone else who has their own agenda.

Note: if anyone reads the article, you will note that is it dishonest. It refers to a "Shinseki-mandated Veteran's Euthanasia" book and capitalizes the letters as if there really is some such titled book. There isn't. It's a lie. What there is, is a booklet that helps guide end of life decisions and encourages veterans to consider a Living Will - that is very good advice. Everyone on this message board should have Advanced Directives in place such as a Living Will or Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare Decisions that lays out your wishes in advance.

Edited by Snow

Continuing...

On page 21 of the Shinseki-mandated Veteran's Euthanasia book, all military veterans are encouraged to complete a checklist of various scenarios, to decide whether their own life would be "not worth living." For example, the booklet asks veterans 7 questions pressuring veterans to sign a "living will" that authorizes doctors to terminate your life, if you are:

Living in a nursing home?

Being in a wheelchair?

Not able to "shake the blues?"

Ever heard anyone say, "If I'm a vegetable, pull the plug?"

No longer able to contribute to your family's well-being?

Are you a severe financial burden to your family?

Do you cause severe emotional burden for your family?

"This hurry-up-and-die message is clear and unconscionable," says Towey, "Worse, a July 2009 VA directive [presumably signed by Shinseki] instructs its primary care physicians to raise advance care planning with all VA patients and to refer them to 'Your Life, Your Choices.' [the Euthanasia booklet.] Not just those of advanced age and debilitated condition-all patients. America's 24 million veterans deserve better." Towey recommends a "five wishes" living-will document that does not pressure suicide.

But instead the Hemlock Society booklet is now MANDATED for doctor referral to all patients in all VA hospitals, heaping more evidence upon the growing list of proofs that the Obama Administration is LYING TO THE PUBLIC by denying their health care plan pushes Euthanasia on the elderly. They already do it today. Just imagine if ALL hospitals become government-run like the VA.

Edited by GrandmaAri

Snow, I agree that all should have directive on what they want done if they are left in a state where they cannot respond. Would much rather that my family knew what my intentions were than having to live with them having to make that decision. I want to state what I want done and not make my wife or kids make that decision.

Ben Raines

These two points shouldn't be made by the patient. This is a family decision. If someone I loved made a decision to end their life based on that..I would feel so much guilt.

These two points shouldn't be made by the patient. This is a family decision. If someone I loved made a decision to end their life based on that..I would feel so much guilt.

The Living Will booklet in question may or may not be a good one but those questions are ones that I asked myself when I was filling out my Advanced Directives - I used a very good one called The Five Wishes.

My family may have their own idea if I should ever find myself in such a position but I am concerned (potentially) about being a financial and emotional burden to others.

Continuing...

On page 21 of the Shinseki-mandated Veteran's Euthanasia book, all military veterans are encouraged to complete a checklist of various scenarios, to decide whether their own life would be "not worth living." For example, the booklet asks veterans 7 questions pressuring veterans to sign a "living will" that authorizes doctors to terminate your life, if you are:

Living in a nursing home?

Being in a wheelchair?

Not able to "shake the blues?"

Ever heard anyone say, "If I'm a vegetable, pull the plug?"

No longer able to contribute to your family's well-being?

"This hurry-up-and-die message is clear and unconscionable," says Towey, "Worse, a July 2009 VA directive [presumably signed by Shinseki] instructs its primary care physicians to raise advance care planning with all VA patients and to refer them to 'Your Life, Your Choices.' [the Euthanasia booklet.] Not just those of advanced age and debilitated condition-all patients. America's 24 million veterans deserve better." Towey recommends a "five wishes" living-will document that does not pressure suicide.

But instead the Hemlock Society booklet is now MANDATED for doctor referral to all patients in all VA hospitals, heaping more evidence upon the growing list of proofs that the Obama Administration is LYING TO THE PUBLIC by denying their health care plan pushes Euthanasia on the elderly. They already do it today. Just imagine if ALL hospitals become government-run like the VA.

Thanks again for the cut and paste. How about just a link instead.

Btw - I charge that the website you are linking to is outright lying. You cannot authorize your doctor - as you FALSELY claim to kill you because you are wheelchair bound or live in a nursing home. That's illegal.

Please post something honest - and not a cut and paste.

At least one doctor has been convicted and sent to prison for "helping" patients end their own lives when they were in severe pain from terminal illnesses such as cancer, so it's a fallacy to claim that euthanasia will be practiced among humans. People do die because their health insurance company refuses to pay for life-saving organ transplants or chemotherapy and radiation treatments for cancer. It's reasons like that that something NEEDS to be done to fix our health care system.

The Living Will booklet in question may or may not be a good one but those questions are ones that I asked myself when I was filling out my Advanced Directives - I used a very good one called The Five Wishes.

My family may have their own idea if I should ever find myself in such a position but I am concerned (potentially) about being a financial and emotional burden to others.

I'm sure some would say you are already an emotional burden...:P But I do understand what you are saying and I think it's something many of us think about as well. But for those that are left behind..knowing that that is the reason they decided to allow themselves to die..is difficult to take. Again..it just adds a bit of guilt as well as grief to those left behind. It does to me anyway.

Perhaps it's just because I went through the death of my own father a few months ago..and we had to make the decision to take him off life support. If I thought he would want to end his life because of any burden he thought he was placing on us..I would fight it.

I just wanted to add that it doesn't matter if we are liberal or conservative-- there are powers that be who decide what every president is to accomplish and how-- The Bilderberg Secret Society--YouTube - Secret Societies: The Bilderberg Group

Then there is also the fact our votes are not counted as we believe. freedocumentaries.org