Why am i a liberal l.d.s?

jadams_4040

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't be closed minded on this. You would be surprised how much you might learn that could be of great value to you.

You're becoming as infamous as I am, fellow Grandma! Soon you will have a thread dedicated to dissing little old you! LOLOL

Or should I say, HEHEHEHEHEHEH

GrandmaAri, copyright law is pretty sticky. Suffice it to say that, regardless of "fair use", cutting and pasting of articles in toto is certainly impermissible, and even pasting more than a couple of sentences is asking for trouble.

Bear in mind that as a moderator, Pam's job isn't just to make sure LDS.net can win if it gets sued--it's to keep LDS.net from being sued at all.

In situations like this, it's best to tread lightly.

Of course, I don't believe that's the objective of any of the posters in this network...least of all mine. I'm primarily interested in education. The reason I quoted sources in the first place is because someone requested it.

Of course, I don't believe that's the objective of any of the posters in this network...least of all mine. I'm primarily interested in education. The reason I quoted sources in the first place is because someone requested it.

Actually - that's not true.

The poster asked for a quote from the good President Obama and then you started posting lots and lots of stuff that was not quotes from the honorable President Obama.

Never mind I think I got it. There was a couple of paragraphs about being liberal in the Church. I was trying to figure out how the title "The Iron Rod" related to being a liberal.

Interesting how there is a link on each page to a site that has nothing to do with LDS values..but even slams the current President. A site that also calls anyone that took advantage of the "cash for clunkers" a thief.

Interesting how there is a link on each page to a site that has nothing to do with LDS values..but even slams the current President. A site that also calls anyone that took advantage of the "cash for clunkers" a thief.

pam - There is a line of thought about the power of our government. Our government has no power except that which we grant it. That means, we have to have a power to grant it to the government. So, the question is, what would it be called if I walked into my neighbors house, took $4500 from them, and gave it to someone else to get a new car? It is theivery. So, if I am a thief in performing such an act, then, the only thing I can do is give the government the authority to act in my name, with my own power. Therefore, it is still thievery to commit the act. Or, so the idea goes, which I believe President Benson suggested in some of his teachings.

That's not my point. If you are going to post a link to a site as a great resource of what Prophets have said..don't also have it linking to sites that have an agenda. The links on that site had nothing to do with what was the original link was about. The original link was a book that was copyrighted in 1964.

The link at the bottom shows an agenda..which is misleading. It's asking for support.

pam - There is a line of thought about the power of our government. Our government has no power except that which we grant it. That means, we have to have a power to grant it to the government. So, the question is, what would it be called if I walked into my neighbors house, took $4500 from them, and gave it to someone else to get a new car? It is theivery. So, if I am a thief in performing such an act, then, the only thing I can do is give the government the authority to act in my name, with my own power. Therefore, it is still thievery to commit the act. Or, so the idea goes, which I believe President Benson suggested in some of his teachings.

You've inspired me. I will no longer pay taxes because the gov't will only use it on things I do not approve of, never ever ever on the things I do approve of (like schools and roads and military...).

Funny, I kind've thought the cash for clunkers thing would be paid for by the taxes those people will pay, like taking out a loan against the taxes of the next 2 years or so (ohh like taking out a loan against your 401k). I guess I was way off :P