Tattoos

lattelady

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have (3) actually. They all have special meaning to me. They were all done before I was a member. The first one was when I went through a divorce, I just wanted to do something I knew he wouldn't like. Yes, not the best reason - I agree 100%. The next one I got was a ying/yang symbol encircled by the sun. To me it represented the balance of good and bad that I have within me at all times and to try and focus on the good. The final one is Japanese writing that reprents "Forgiveness." This was something that I thought was an important reminder to me everyday. It was a reminder that I needed to be willing to forgive myself, as well as those in my past that caused much pain and lastly for those I will encounter in my future. They all have meaning and I wouldn't change them.

I have three.

This one was inspired by one of my favorite beers (yes, I'm a nerd).

Posted Image

The top one was designed by me with some amazing improvements on the fist done by the artist. The bottom one is the Black Flag logo. Black Flag was the Beatles of hardcore music back in the 80's.

Posted Image

*waits for Hordak to show off his back*

You are correct! I posted a question many months ago and people got all fired up and it was really, really ugly. Hopefully people will not be "quick to judge" this time around??

I wouldn't count on it. We can't even discuss facial hair without bringing out strong doctrinal opinions (I wish I was joking).

Edited by Godless

I was certainly not trying to start up a contentious post. I don't really want to hear about people's judgements regarding tattoos--I just wanted to hear about the tattoos that people do have and what they mean to them. It actually hurt my feelings to see a post begin with "Ugh, not another tattoo post..."

I haven't ever seen one on here before--I was just starting my own post hoping to celebrate people's individuality and creativity. I hope people will help me keep it non-contentious and strictly about the creativity of your tattoos. I didn't get mine until last year when I turned 33! It's the greek word for "freedom" on my back----ELEUTHERIA. It comes from a verse in the Bible that says "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1)

Thanks to everyone who has shared so far! We're all so unique!

I don't think Pam meant any offense with her post. She was merely pointing out the unfortunate fact that threads like this one frequently spiral into contentious doctrinal debates. I really wasn't joking about the facial hair debate. That one was fairly recent and got quite heated (and admittedly, a bit entertaining). Hopefully this one will remain civil since you've specifically expressed the desire to keep it so. But we'll see.

Edited by Godless

I was certainly not trying to start up a contentious post. I don't really want to hear about people's judgements regarding tattoos--I just wanted to hear about the tattoos that people do have and what they mean to them. It actually hurt my feelings to see a post begin with "Ugh, not another tattoo post..."

I haven't ever seen one on here before--I was just starting my own post hoping to celebrate people's individuality and creativity. I hope people will help me keep it non-contentious and strictly about the creativity of your tattoos. I didn't get mine until last year when I turned 33! It's the greek word for "freedom" on my back----ELEUTHERIA. It comes from a verse in the Bible that says "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1)

Thanks to everyone who has shared so far! We're all so unique!

Yeah, my daughter sat down to dinner tonight and said "ugh, not pork chops again." I almost cried. I had slaved for like ten minutes over those, getting them to just the right amount of heat. Just the thought of it makes me want to not cook for the next 3 hours. I don't know if I can ever look at pork chops the same way again.

I have three.

This one was inspired by one of my favorite beers (yes, I'm a nerd).

Posted Image

The top one was designed by me with some amazing improvements on the fist done by the artist. The bottom one is the Black Flag logo. Black Flag was the Beatles of hardcore music back in the 80's.

Posted Image

*waits for Hordak to show off his back*

Actually it's my stomach. I do have a back design in the making but need to save the money. :D

btw i love black flag ( though i hate all the "props" that Henry rolling gets. Greg Ginn was the life blood of the band.)

Edited by hordak

Guest TheLutheran

Like a tramp stamp?

. . . . and the first arrow is shot by a Mod, no less! So much for avoiding contention! I appreciate, Miztrniceguy, that your response lived up to your screen name. :sunny:

I have one on my left hand. When I was in third grade this boy named Luke accidentally stabbed me in the hand with a pencil, the graphite broke off and stayed in my hand and I now have a very small colored spot on my hand.

I eventually had to get the graphite taken out, but that spot is still there.

. . . . and the first arrow is shot by a Mod, no less! So much for avoiding contention! I appreciate, Miztrniceguy, that your response lived up to your screen name. :sunny:

That's an arrow? I asked where it was. He answered. There was no contention. Why do you have a problem with that? Maybe you should reevaluate where you're coming from.

Guest TheLutheran

Why do you have a problem with that? Maybe you should reevaluate where you're coming from.

You could have easily satisfied your curiosity by simply asking the location of the tattoo instead of referring to it as a "tramp stamp?" I find that phrase derogatory, and perhaps Mztrniceguy did as well since he was compelled to clarify that his wife is, in fact, not a tramp. :sunny: