Dreams

Guest Alana

I have bad dreams almost every night. This doesn't bother me too much because I remember a lot of my dreams, several every night and they are about everything under the sun. Does anyone else here remember a lot of their dreams or have a problem with bad dreams?

An other question, when you have naughty dreams, do you ever feel guilty or responsible? I rarely do (have them) so it's not much of an issue. Though I won't get started on dreams while pregnant:P

I go long periods of time just sleeping dead to the world, remembering nothing. Then, for a week or two, I'll have incredibly vivid and bizarre dreams.

I occasionally do horrible things in my dreams. I don't have guilt, but I'll often wake up with a feeling of intense disgust at myself, but that goes away. They're just dreams. It's not like I do that stuff in real life (or even want to).

'Naughty dreams' are normal. A part of being a normally-functioning human.

LM

I don't dream often it seems. Or at least, I don't ever remember them. As a kid though, I used to have pretty horrific nightmares and having an overactive imagination didn't help either.. But now when I dream, it's usually about work or old friends that I've lost contact with throughout the years. Nothing too exciting.

I have a lot of dreams and I remember many of my dreams. I remember dreams from when I was a child as well. Over the years my dreams have turned into a dream world. For example I will have a dream where I am doing something different but the place I am dreaming in will be somewhere I have dreamed before. At this point I can actually draw a map of my dream world and tell you what dreams I have had in the different areas. I do not have many nightmares, but when I do I sometimes end up lucid dreaming where I take control of the dream and make it do what I want it to do. It is sometimes the only way I can escape my nightmares.

As for naughty dreams, I used to have a lot of them, which I did sometimes feel bad about. However they have lately gone away, thankfully.

As far as bad dreams go, tell yourself that you are the master of your dreams and have suddenly acquired super powers to fight those elements of the dream which are threatening you.

Feeling guilty over naughty dreams seems like a real waste of time. Just enjoy them and get back to piety when you are conscious.

:)

I have always dreamed and remember most of my dreams (even from childhood). My dreams are very vivid (in color) and detailed. Sometimes they are disturbing, but often are more just interesting. Sometimes I get life confused with dreams because some of them seem so very real.

I've always wondered--how does one know if a dream is from God? We know that God can speak to us in dreams and although I suspect it doesn't happen that often, how do we know if it did happen?

I get real life and dreams confused a lot too, especially when I dream about mopping the floor, putting food away, calling to make an appointment.

As far as colors it seems my dreams will have one or two colors to them or a specific thing in the dream will be in full detail and color.

Also, I have a dream city also. It's so detailed and huge I'm a little impressed that my mind is capable of such a thing.

Sometimes I have dreams ( I guess they're dreams/nightmares) just as I'm drifting off to sleep I get sucked into them and I get sucked into a place that feels terrifying and I want desperately to wake up, but I can't. I try to scream, or reach out and grab my husband, but I'm paralyzed. I HATE these kind of dreams. Finally, sheerly by forcing myself out of it, I'm able to wake up, and I don't want to go back to sleep for fear it will happen again. Does anyone else have those kinds of dreams?

I have had those numerous times...but I know I am awake. I especially had them when I was a teenager. I couldn't move, I couldn't yell for my parents. I finally had my dad give me a Priesthood blessing and I never had them again. Until a couple of years ago. But I've had a blessing again and so far that feeling hasn't come back.

I have bad dreams almost every night. This doesn't bother me too much because I remember a lot of my dreams, several every night and they are about everything under the sun. Does anyone else here remember a lot of their dreams or have a problem with bad dreams?

An other question, when you have naughty dreams, do you ever feel guilty or responsible? I rarely do (have them) so it's not much of an issue. Though I won't get started on dreams while pregnant:P

I've I had a reoccurring dream about watching an automic bomb.

In other dreams, I fight off evil spirits.

I get real life and dreams confused a lot too, especially when I dream about mopping the floor, putting food away, calling to make an appointment.

As far as colors it seems my dreams will have one or two colors to them or a specific thing in the dream will be in full detail and color.

Also, I have a dream city also. It's so detailed and huge I'm a little impressed that my mind is capable of such a thing.

It is neat to find someone else who has a dream city, so far everyone I have told about my dream cities have said, "Wow, sounds like you have really vivid dreams."

I have dreams about real life as well, which can be very confusing when I dream about getting ready in the morning and then when I wake up I can't remember what I have already done and what was actually just a dream.

I've had dream's like that too lattelady. My most memorable one was in high school, I was awake but I felt numb and I couldn't move. It felt like there was this great weight pressing against my chest and I couldn't breathe. The scariest part was I could hear what sounded like two men talking about me, I could hear my name but couldn't hear what else they were saying. It was really frightening.

When I do dream my dreams are always very vivid. Does anyone else visit the same place in their dreams? I sometimes dream about this place, it looks like it's in the mountains, I can see pine trees, I start out running down this steep slope into what looks like a valley, if I look up I can see farther off a small group of little wooden huts with smoke rising from the roofs. I always feel like I'm being chased in this dream but I'm not really scared. It's a very odd dream.

Edited by ploomf