Free thanks!

Maxel

Here's the deal:

I'm looking to increase my post-to-thanks ratio (not the amount of posts that I am thanked for, but the amount of posts I thank others for). So, post something nice about someone else and I will thank you for it!

It can be something nice about anyone or anything... Just keep it nice-esque.

So how exactly does this help your thanks to post ratio? When you are giving thanks..it shows up in a different category and doesn't compute how many posts you thanked people in.

Pam:

It was brought to my attention a few months ago that I thanked others for their posts more often than I posted. When I began this thread, I set out to accentuate that unique aspect of my forum life, and hopefully reach a 2-3 post-to-thanks ratio (that is, I thank 3 others for their posts for ever 2 posts of mine).

Some may argue that this makes my thanks less meaningful. I say that I am merely a thankful person and that, just as one gets more skilled by doing an action, by thanking more people I actually INCREASE the inherent weight of each and every one of the "thanks" I give out.

Mostly, I was bored and wanted an excuse to do something silly. This and the "Russian Princess" thread was the answer to my problems.

(I'm not looking to increase how many of my OWN posts I've been thanked in, but to increase how many of OTHERS' posts that I have thanked.)

Pam:

It was brought to my attention a few months ago that I thanked others for their posts more often than I posted. When I began this thread, I set out to accentuate that unique aspect of my forum life, and hopefully reach a 2-3 post-to-thanks ratio (that is, I thank 3 others for their posts for ever 2 posts of mine).

Some may argue that this makes my thanks less meaningful. I say that I am merely a thankful person and that, just as one gets more skilled by doing an action, by thanking more people I actually INCREASE the inherent weight of each and every one of the "thanks" I give out.

Mostly, I was bored and wanted an excuse to do something silly. This and the "Russian Princess" thread was the answer to my problems.

(I'm not looking to increase how many of my OWN posts I've been thanked in, but to increase how many of OTHERS' posts that I have thanked.)

Gosh I had better start thanking every single post from now on. Might have to go back a year too. :P

Maxel, about 20 people got let go from my department at work. About 40 more to go in the next coming weeks (I could be one of them). I hope and pray they all find jobs, just like I hope and pray you find yours.

^

Lol. I guess not but I'll give ya one ;]

For a long time I didn't quite understand the saying "you love those you serve" or something like that. This year, I finally understand it! For almost two years now, I've been working with a special little boy that is low functioning and autistic. He has been a huge challenge to teach and care for but I have learned so much more from him than he'll probably ever learn and retain from me. I know that kind of thing is said all the time but it's true. For one, I've discovered a patience I thought I never had and two, he's brought out the softer side of me that few get to see :]