Threats against President putting Secret Service under strain

ADoyle90815

It'd be interesting to see a statistical analysis of threats against the US President since, say, Reagan.

There was some really bone-headed legislation that passed during the Clinton administration limiting Secret Service protection to ex-presidents to ten years after they leave office. Hopefully that gets repealed soon.

Do they have this forum under surveillance?

;)

Lol, the secret service won't, but the church will. I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money (were betting allowed, of course) that a number of people with considerable authority within the church browse this website on a regular basis, to see what members and non-members alike are saying about the church. This forum is an ideal place for doing just that. It's fairly popular, it's kept clean and has posts from both members and non-members. Most likely, they will use this website, among others, to help them decide what issues need addressing, what questions are being asked the most etc. Of course they won't identify themselves, but it seems logical they would do this.

Lol, the secret service won't, but the church will. I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money (were betting allowed, of course) that a number of people with considerable authority within the church browse this website on a regular basis, to see what members and non-members alike are saying about the church. This forum is an ideal place for doing just that. It's fairly popular, it's kept clean and has posts from both members and non-members. Most likely, they will use this website, among others, to help them decide what issues need addressing, what questions are being asked the most etc. Of course they won't identify themselves, but it seems logical they would do this.

I think Jadams must be a church snooper....since he tries to call me to repentance so often!:lol::lol:

Well, bytor, just repent! :P

If the GAs are lurking here, does that mean that each and every one of us have now come to the attention of the GAs and if we get a call from SLC we can now know how they know us?

Wow, just think of it! prisonchaplin could be the first non-LDS person to speak at General Conference! Palerider has now been called at the General Sunday School President, Ben has been called as personal bodyguard of Elder Packer, Pam is now on the General RS board, and I am part of the baptismal font in the newly renovated SLC temple!

Well, bytor, just repent! :P

If the GAs are lurking here, does that mean that each and every one of us have now come to the attention of the GAs and if we get a call from SLC we can now know how they know us?

Wow, just think of it! prisonchaplin could be the first non-LDS person to speak at General Conference! Palerider has now been called at the General Sunday School President, Ben has been called as personal bodyguard of Elder Packer, Pam is now on the General RS board, and I am part of the baptismal font in the newly renovated SLC temple!

That could also explain why I haven't had a calling in over a year.