Conan O'Brien's Song for the Mormons

Saguaro

I was just going to post this. Hilarious!

Here's the Orrin Hatch song for Hanukkah.

BTW, I thought it so funny that there has been this huge love-fest between Mormons and Jewish people. Thekabalist joins lds.net, Sen Hatch writes a song for Hanukkah, Jewish dude on Conan writes song for Mormons! All the world needs is LOVE!

Guest mormonmusic

I thought it was funny how they thought the people in Harrison Ford's movie "Witness" were Mormons -- they were Mennonites! Children of the Corn? Can someone explain the Mormon connection there, if any?

I was just going to post this. Hilarious!

Here's the Orrin Hatch song for Hanukkah.

BTW, I thought it so funny that there has been this huge love-fest between Mormons and Jewish people. Thekabalist joins lds.net, Sen Hatch writes a song for Hanukkah, Jewish dude on Conan writes song for Mormons! All the world needs is LOVE!

You are behind the times. I posted this a week ago. lol

http://www.lds.net/forums/general-discussion/28461-senator-hatch-pens-song-celebration-hanukkah.html

I thought it was funny how they thought the people in Harrison Ford's movie "Witness" were Mormons -- they were Mennonites! Children of the Corn? Can someone explain the Mormon connection there, if any?

They were Amish in the movie, Witness. The obvious confusion with the Mormons in this instance can be found in the shared practice of barn raising and making of quilts.

The Children of the Corn reference is a bit more troubling. Had they made reference to the movie, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, the mental imagery would have been much less disturbing.

All in all, it was nice to hear Max Weinberg sing. Perhaps he and Senator Hatch could partner up on something for Kwanzza.

:)

Sorry to be the curmudgeon in this lovefest, but I thought it was kinda stupid. Didn't really have anything to do with Mormons or Mormonism. Knocking doors Sunday morning? Possible, but not likely. And what's with the "Mormon Tapper-nacle Choir" (ha ha ha...not really) wearing the gospel choir robes? Did anyone even bother to LOOK at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and see that we don't wear choir robes?

I realize it was a throwaway effort and it's silly to analyze it too closely, but I'm a little disappointed. It would be as if someone made up a song about Jews and Judaism that included references to Mohammed and the worship of sacred cows.

Well, as they said, they really don't know anything about Mormonism (other than the 15-second scan they did on Wikipedia), so I guess they just need to hear the good word as taught by the missionaries.

Well, as they said, they really don't know anything about Mormonism (other than the 15-second scan they did on Wikipedia), so I guess they just need to hear the good word as taught by the missionaries.

Personally I could see a song about Jews that made reference to Mohammad and sacred cows as mildly amusing. And personally that's what it was, midly amusing, it was not a belly burster.

Sorry to be the curmudgeon in this lovefest, but I thought it was kinda stupid. Didn't really have anything to do with Mormons or Mormonism. Knocking doors Sunday morning? Possible, but not likely. And what's with the "Mormon Tapper-nacle Choir" (ha ha ha...not really) wearing the gospel choir robes? Did anyone even bother to LOOK at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and see that we don't wear choir robes?

I realize it was a throwaway effort and it's silly to analyze it too closely, but I'm a little disappointed. It would be as if someone made up a song about Jews and Judaism that included references to Mohammed and the worship of sacred cows.

Oh, Bah Humbug to you, Scrooge.

:)

Sorry to be the curmudgeon in this lovefest, but I thought it was kinda stupid. Didn't really have anything to do with Mormons or Mormonism.

Exactly. This wasn't a skit about Mormons, it's a skit about how people don't know much about Mormons, even though they're always in the news and everyone is always talking about them.

"Oh Mormons, Mormons, Mormons - we haven't got a clue

Of what you folks believe in, or think or drink or do!"

People's ignorance about Mormons is a valid subject for late night TV skitting.

LM

Whew, I was wondering when the Voice of Reason would speak up. Thanks!

Exactly. This wasn't a skit about Mormons, it's a skit about how people don't know much about Mormons, even though they're always in the news and everyone is always talking about them.

"Oh Mormons, Mormons, Mormons - we haven't got a clue

Of what you folks believe in, or think or drink or do!"

People's ignorance about Mormons is a valid subject for late night TV skitting.

LM

FYI

The online poll is in, and Mormon Tabernacle Choir members say:

Loved it 20%

Ok with it 47%

Hated it 11%

abstaining 22%

What a vocal group.... :D

HiJolly