• Dark Chocolate
    • Milk Chocolate
    • White 'Chocolate'
    • I don't like chocolate

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one thing. American Cadbury's chocolate taste nothing like English Cadbury's chocolate. Maybe it's all mental but I swear they taste nothing alike..

This is probably due to sugar being used in England and high fructose corn syrup being used here in the US.

Unfortunately, sugar is expensive here (the US) due to tariffs and price controls.:mad:

A few years ago, there was a traveling Chocolate exhibit at the local science museum, and I picked up some artisan chocolate bars there. One was a milk chocolate bar with pistachio toffee (my favorite of the three -- SO good), one was 68% dark chocolate with caramelized almonds, which was disappointing, and the third was 68% dark chocolate with sugared pecans and chili peppers. I love chili and chocolate, but WOW was that one fiery!

The brand was Lillie Bell Farms, and you can see those bars here.

Chili and chocolate actually sound really good. I've never tried it but I would be willing.

I recommend Chuao Chocolatier's Spicy Maya, as of the bars (all two of them :) ) I've tried it was best. They cost an arm and a leg online. Wal-Mart carries them but I haven't seen them in my local stores (Lehi and Saratoga Springs). Though Wal-mart's site says the stores in Lindon, Cedar Hills and Riverton have them.

This is not good. Now that I know I can get them locally I'm gonna end up buying them... :(

I recommend Chuao Chocolatier's Spicy Maya, as of the bars (all two of them :) ) I've tried it was best. They cost an arm and a leg online. Wal-Mart carries them but I haven't seen them in my local stores (Lehi and Saratoga Springs). Though Wal-mart's site says the stores in Lindon, Cedar Hills and Riverton have them.

This is not good. Now that I know I can get them locally I'm gonna end up buying them... :(

Hey, Dravin, I think they carry that in the Walmart where I live. For a mere $300, you can fly out here and buy them from Wally-World....:P

Anyone see the common denominator.? Yes the lord has (through his Church) and scriptures established a pattern. It is clear that one who chooses to eat Chocolate (one of Gods greatest gifts to man, besides bacon) they should do so with an appreciation and respect. White chocolate allows one really make that connection. and is clearly the superior chocolate product.

I'm reminded of a talk a while back "good, better, best" Reading books is good, reading books together as a family are better, reading scriptures together as a family is best.

Similarly milk chocolate is good, dark chocolate is better, but white chocolate is best.

And shouldn't we try to do the best things first?:)

Can this white chocolate have cookies in it? ^.^ most favorite

-though i did select milk chocolate because so many good things are covered with milk chocolate and I was eatting akit kat at the time of this selection.-

Caffeine Content

All figures are approximate, especially with coffee. Different varietals can have different caffeine content, and the way the coffee is roasted can also change the values.

Double espresso (2oz) 45-100 mg

Brewed coffee (8 oz) 60-120 mg

Instant coffee (8 oz) 70 mg

Decaf coffee (8 oz) 1-5 mg

Tea - black (8 oz) 45 mg

Tea - green (8 oz) 20 mg

Tea - white (8 oz) 15 mg

Coca Cola (12 oz can) 34 mg

Pepsi (12 oz can) 38 mg

Barq's Root Beer (12 oz can) 22 mg

7-up (12 oz) 0 mg

Chocolate milk (8 oz) 4 mg

Dark chocolate (1 oz) 20 mg

Milk chocolate (1 oz) 6 mg

Ben & Jerry's Coffee Fudge Frozen Yogurt (8 oz) 85 mg

I just pulled the above off About.com.

I was recently at BYU at the Cougareat area, and a group of men were handing out drink samples. Of these samples, usually it would include a green tea product from this company. I asked "don't you also have a green tea", his reply was "BYU is caffeine free campus".

My question is: With the large chocolate counter at the Book store. A lot of people in this thread has said they love Dark Chocolate. What is the difference between Green tea and Dark chocolate..when they have exactly the same amount of caffeine...

Just curious....

We are never told that it is Caffeine that we are to avoid, but "hot drinks", specifically tea and coffee. Chocolate was never placed in that mix, except that we are to use all allowable things with wisdom and moderation.

The trouble is, as time goes on it doesn't satisfy you and you go looking for harder and harder stuff until you find yourself dead to the world, curled up in a corner and chewing on raw cacao beans.

UH what a future! :eek:

But OFCOURSE the FINNISH choholate IS the best (Fazer) Scandinavian/Swizz is good too. But if you like light schocholate best is: The Fazer easter eggs (egsize in egg shell oh! mmmmmm) and the Swizz seaschells!

Marabou and Freia are pretty good too. My friend would vote for Finnish Fazer dark 85 or 90 % chocholate. She is american and thinks that is the best. Those who like soft melting nutty inside in a choholate bar : Fazer Keisha is the name.

Orange chocholate bar by Marabou is good for those who like orange in chocholate, the Freia big orangeball is pretty good too. Fazer has a smal bar too. For chili lovers they got that too...

Of dark chocholate Marabou is best... or the usual Freia cook schoholate.

Italian chocholate icecream... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No peanuts, cocos or toffe in my chocholate thanks!

:)

Marabou Nougat bar.... you dont treally want it... and brownies is the best... but brownies is a cake...

OFCOURSE spicy Maya is best! :D

Edited by Maya

For the true chocophiles here, this is the recipe for -- hands down -- the best brownies I have ever had in my entire life. They're kinda spicy, but it's from cinnamon, not chili. I almost double the cinnamon in this recipe, and I do half milk chocolate chips and half semi-sweet. Have plenty of milk ready!

Mexican Brownies Recipe at Epicurious.com

I never met a chocolate brownie I haven't been able to eat all at once...but I stink at baking...so this challenge will have to wait...*depressed*

Naw, you are looking at this all wrong. Find yourself a cute girl and then just accidently drop the recipe in front of her. When she asks about it, you tell her that you would love to try this, but don't know how to bake. Then ask her if she bakes and if she can come to your place to "help" you make this. See? Voila! Instant date and a yummy brownie!

Um...the last time I dropped something in front of a girl, I was universally ignored on campus for a month. So what if it was a massive water balloon? I thought it was funny.

Although, I am wanting a GF to hang with...and the recipie sounds great....hmm...maybe a trip to Albuquerque.... ;)

Edited by RipplecutBuddha

Um...the last time I dropped something in front of a girl, I was universally ignored on campus for a month. So what if it was a massive water balloon? I thought it was funny.

Although, I am wanting a GF to hang with...and the recipie sounds great....hmm...maybe a trip to Albaquerque.... ;)

Haha! Yeah, water balloon is not the best way to garner a chick's attention. What's in Albuquerque (wow, that is hard to spell)?