World Aids Day

CharlieDesRosiers

Dr Peter Duesburg - one of the world leading experts in viruses has some interesting things to say about AIDS and what really ought to be done. 20 years ago he said we would not find a cure until we are willing to consider the real cause. I have followed him for 20 years and all his predictions have proven accurate. It is time to take political correctness out of the mix.

The Traveler

Originally posted by sgallan@Dec 1 2005, 06:45 PM

Lindy -

I might be stating the obvious here but AIDS is far more than a USA "free love", counter culture, just say no, abstinence, type issue. It is a global one with an awful lot of ignorant people who don't even fully understand what causes AIDS, or are in such dire straights that the only way they can feed their children is through sexual favors. It is literally ravaging the African continent. It is bad here..... it is a pandemic there.

Hey Scott...hello to you too :)

I know it's global my dear, and the ignorant need to be educated I will agree. Just a FYI..I have friends in Uganda...they hire people to help out around the house and such...people who would rather work for pay than have sex for it.

And it seems that the EU wants to poo poo down the US Presidents statement about the World Aids Day which, "emphasises the fundamental importance of condoms, sex education and access to reproductive health services."

Seems that Bush pledged a large sum of money to the cause from our countrys Emergancy Aids Relief fund. On conditions that "two thirds of the money has to go to pro-abstinence programmes, and it is not available to any organisations with clinics that offer abortion services or even counselling." Trying to support education about pro abstinence...and the EU doesn't approve.

Seems that the EU wants the world governments to stress use of prevention "tools" rather than educating the masses.

You are a parent Scott....would you rather have your child educated about the cause and effect of Aids...or handed a condom and say go for it...you will do it anyway? That's the thinking pattern of the EU right now....just do it.

Sad I think.

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Dec 1 2005, 09:26 PM

Using a condom helps prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.  Also AIDS doesn't kill.

You know what condoms make me think of as far as "preventing the spread of STD's They make me think of the flood walls in New Orleans....Ya, they thought those would prevent the spread of water into the city.

Perhaps the EU is just trying to look at the situation more realistically, rather than hoping for the utopian situation of all kids/adults taking any notice of abstinence programmes.

I don't just blame the homosexuals in society for the spread of Aids either, I recall hearing about business men, from the good 'ol USA travelling through Africa in the 60's and 70's, practising unsafe sex with either women or men who were already infected by Aids (nobody here really knew about Aids existing at the time), and then infecting their wives on their return home.

I agree that we should offer help and education to all of society, regardless of their circumstances.

Originally posted by Traveler@Dec 1 2005, 09:12 PM

Dr Peter Duesburg - one of the world leading experts in viruses has some interesting things to say about AIDS and what really ought to be done.  20 years ago he said we would not find a cure until we are willing to consider the real cause.  I have followed him for 20 years and all his predictions have proven accurate.  It is time to take political correctness out of the mix.

The Traveler

So Trav.....tell us what Dr. Duesburg says is the real cause?

Originally posted by Lindy+Dec 2 2005, 02:04 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Traveler@Dec 1 2005, 09:12 PM

Dr Peter Duesburg - one of the world leading experts in viruses has some interesting things to say about AIDS and what really ought to be done.  20 years ago he said we would not find a cure until we are willing to consider the real cause.  I have followed him for 20 years and all his predictions have proven accurate.  It is time to take political correctness out of the mix.

The Traveler

You could visit his web site for details but in essence the use of drugs known to destroy the immune system. (condoms has not prevented spread of AIDS). Because of Dr Duesburg the CDC ordered (late 80's) that unless the HIV virus was present (regardless of symptoms) the cause of death or illness could not be classified as AIDS. Recently in response to Dr Duesburg the claim is that in over 10 years there has not been a single case of AIDS diagnosed without HIV - Duh!.

As to all the cases in Africa? The AIDS symptoms are completely different than any known cases in the USA and are similar to starvation. Because of current politics if a clinic diagnoses someone as starving they will get about $5 aid from the UN and other relief organizations. If they say they have aids they will get about $500. Duh! What would you do if you were a doctor in Africa working with people that have no money?

The Traveler

How can I disagree with someone so free from compassion? ... Waving your finger at someone who is sick and telling them they should have known better is not going to help them and it's not going to make them accept their fate sheepishly, knowing that you're right and they're wrong.

This story is about 10-years old now, but expresses to me the proper response people of faith can have towards AIDS. A youth leader in a church left his faith embraced immorality to the point of contracting HIV. I'm not sure if it was IV drug use or sexual promiscuity that doomed him. However, in 1996 the disease was still an absolute death sentence. The young man repented, and returned to his church. The leadership not only restored him to fellowship, they placed him back in his position as a youth leader!

What a powerful story of God's mercy, of people of faith "loving the sinner, while hating the sin." There were no demands to ignore the sin, or affirm any lifestyles. Just a prodigal son that needed and received the love of his spiritual family.

As another example of a faith-filled response to the AIDS crisis, is the publishing of Edward Elephant Says--a comic book which teaches children in Africa, the Philippines, and other high-outbreak areas--how to avoid getting AIDS, and how to care for adults (especially family members) who get it. The comic books is tasteful, serious, medically accurate, and yet includes the story of a hope only God can give.

Originally posted by Traveler+Dec 2 2005, 11:33 AM-->

Originally posted by Lindy@Dec 2 2005, 02:04 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Traveler@Dec 1 2005, 09:12 PM

The Traveler

You could visit his web site for details but in essence the use of drugs known to destroy the immune system. (condoms has not prevented spread of AIDS). Because of Dr Duesburg the CDC ordered (late 80's) that unless the HIV virus was present (regardless of symptoms) the cause of death or illness could not be classified as AIDS. Recently in response to Dr Duesburg the claim is that in over 10 years there has not been a single case of AIDS diagnosed without HIV - Duh!.

As to all the cases in Africa? The AIDS symptoms are completely different than any known cases in the USA and are similar to starvation. Because of current politics if a clinic diagnoses someone as starving they will get about $5 aid from the UN and other relief organizations. If they say they have aids they will get about $500. Duh! What would you do if you were a doctor in Africa working with people that have no money?

The Traveler

Duesburg is a fringe virologist who believes that HIV does not cause AIDS.

He's wrong but since when did being wrong mean that you don't get air play?

This post upsets me greatly due to the lack of knowledge on this subject...

A good dear friend of mine was rushed into hospital 5 years ago and needed a blood transfusion. He was a hetrosexual male, who was dating responsibly looking for his future wife. 1 year later when he got really sick they found that he was HIV+.

After 2 and a half years of legal work and much sorrow, the blood bank confessed contamination.

This could have ruined his life, instead he's working to bring the awareness of AIDS and HIV.

I am very lucky to know this man, and even luckier to be helping him in his quest.

He is creating a website as we speak called Not My Fault. He trusted doctors and medicine to save his life, instead it nearly killed him.

My point is that although there are ways to protect yourself from this disease it is not narrowed down to drug users, homosexuals or even rape victims. It has affected medical personnel, patients, children.

It was said love God and love one another, how do we love one another if we can are going to judge and segregate due to an aflication.

So instead of making judgements look into the heart of others. I love my friend and support him. I am proud of him to be taking this stand instead of allowing it to consume him.

Support the cure and fight against AIDS because you dont know who it will affect next.

I agree that AIDs awareness and education needs to be brought to light, especially in Africa, where a huge majority of the population doesn't believe in it, or at least believe in how it is transmitted. However, when I go and see a broadway musical, and at the end of it they come out on stage and ask for donations for those in the arts with AIDs, I never give anything. I think they should know better, and I would much rather donate to cancer research. Sure, I bet there are those who contracted it through no fault of their own, but I believe that number is very small, and the world wouldn't be facing the epidemic it is if people would follow the guidelines. I think the problem now is that the drugs to treat AIDs are so good, we just don't see the mass number of people dying anymore or being sick. It's almost like we've become a generation that has forgotten the dangers. That being the case, I think it is very important to keep educating everyone about HIV/AIDs