Former pentecostal christian saying Hi

wondering23

Hi,

I guess my title says it all!

I was raised a Pentecostal Christian in the Assemblies of God belief system however my family and I fell away from the church.

The past few months I have been questioning my faith and religion and have been reading about and researching many different belief systems. I received a Book of Mormon in the mail the other week and I've been reading it every night before bed so far I have read the whole of 1Nephi.

The more I read into the LDS faith system the more I find there are things that I believe and value that I hold dear that are true to the LDS church.

I don't really know what I'm looking for, or if I would convert. My family hold strong anti mormon beliefs and I don't know how they would take it.

I guess I would love to read and understand more of the LDS faith. I do promise to be respectful of your community and only post respectful questions and observations.

Thank you.

Hi,

I was raised a Pentecostal Christian in the Assemblies of God belief system however my family and I fell away from the church.

The past few months I have been questioning my faith and religion and have been reading about and researching many different belief systems. I received a Book of Mormon in the mail the other week and I've been reading it every night before bed so far I have read the whole of 1Nephi.

The more I read into the LDS faith system the more I find there are things that I believe and value that I hold dear that are true to the LDS church.

I don't really know what I'm looking for, or if I would convert. My family hold strong anti mormon beliefs and I don't know how they would take it.

I guess I would love to read and understand more of the LDS faith. I do promise to be respectful of your community and only post respectful questions and observations.

Thank you.

For the faithful spirit children of GOD, when we hear or read truth, it will peace in our hearts and will have familiar voice for them.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome!! I hope as you read that you will fire away the questions you find. Keep in mind that the answers you receive here are usually from members of the church. We have all travelled different paths, have different experiences and will offer different perspectives. Never be afraid to ask or challenge! The truth doesn't hide or mislead.!

My father is AOG, too. Religion is a touchy issue between us, but much calmer than it used to be. I won't tell you what to believe, only what I believe. Even though I have found myself at odds with my father time and again due to my choice to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I would not change my choice. If I said my testimonies of this Church were untrue I would offend my Heavenly Father, and that offense would be worse. Happy truth hunting!

Hi,

Thank you.

Greetings!

The bok of mormon is a gem, and if you have any questions about it I'd be happy to answer what i can ^.^ .

Keep reading, keep searching and very importantly keep praying to God.

Let's see - Pentecostal AoG? Are you the guys who get carried away in the spirit and throw your hands up in fervor and stuff? If so, the Mormons could certainly use some of that passionate praise stuff - we've been known to get a little stiff on occasion. Even though our Mormon Tabernacle Choir was dubbed "America's Choir" a few years back, I still think we could use a little more energy in our music and worship.

I hope your journey leads you closer to Christ. Welcome!

LM

Very cool that you are here. I met many people from the Assemblies of God faith when I lived in Brazil. Very nice people. I think it is great you are reading the Book of Mormon. That book is what led me to join the LDS Church in 1997. Please click on the youtube link below if you'd like to hear my conversion story.