The Lord's Earthquake Warning

Honor

Meridian Magazine : : Church Update: In Chile: The Lord's Earthquake Warning

President Larry Laycock and his wife, Sister Lisa Laycock head the Santiago Chile East Mission and had spent the two weeks prior to the 8.8 earthquake visiting each missionary apartment and preparing them for an earthquake. They brought specific instructions on what to do, supplied water purification bottles for the missionaries, told them how to create a 36-hour kit for emergencies and how to stay in communication should an earthquake strike. They prayed with each missionary and dedicated their apartments. Why? Because of a special experience that alerted them to what was coming. They told their missionaries, “If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.”

Edited by Honor

It seems like such a FaithPromotingRumor, and yet there it is, complete with names, dates, places, and from recent memory.

I guess the next thing we need is independent confirmation. Anyone with a kid in that mission who can back up the story?

LM

Really? It's a letter from the mission president and his wife.

It seems like such a FaithPromotingRumor, and yet there it is, complete with names, dates, places, and from recent memory.

I guess the next thing we need is independent confirmation. Anyone with a kid in that mission who can back up the story?

LM

That's what I thought too LM, but I'm happy to see the names, dates, places, and pictures. These are the kinds of stories to pass on - with the backup...

Am I correct that the missionaries in Haiti also were safe or protected?

Correct - Church Response to Haiti Earthquake - LDS Newsroom

has anyone else seen the article on the web about that earthquake shifting the earth's axis?

My reaction to that was Awesome! By that, I mean that it shows how powerful earthquakes can be, and is a reminder to be ready for when the southern section of the San Andreas fault goes.

I see someone else posted a link.

Edited by ADoyle90815
removed link

Mormon missionaries from Sonoma County deal with quake in Chile | | PressDemocrat.com

These are two elders from my hometown. They're not in the same mission as the president and his wife in the original article but interesting to hear their own descriptions of what's going on. I used to babysit the elder pictured on the right and my little sister's best friend is/was? (lol) dating the elder on the left (she's now on her own mission in Honduras).

So who is right in the end?

Maybe it is the planet X approaching? :eek:

Anyway many scientsista have talked about the earths axis shift in the near future... maybe it happens by earthquakes little by litle? Days also should be shortened at the end....

Edited by Maya

Yeah, but they count as one voice. I'm waiting for that 2nd and 3rd witness, so the truth may be established from their words.

LM

I wasn't talking about 2-3 witnesses. I was wondering if you really think this letter is a fake. If you don't, then why not take it at face value and believe it?