I'm now 53% LDS

Two ways to interpret this. You're a genius for figuring out how to insert your own laugh button, or you have way too much time on your hands...in which case I'll buy some off you. (You take paypal, right???)

I copied the image a long time ago, saved it to a photobucket account, and I plug in the image code whenever I need it in a non-laugh-allowed forum.

But yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I copied the image a long time ago, saved it to a photobucket account, and I plug in the image code whenever I need it in a non-laugh-allowed forum.

But yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

You didn't need to photobucket it, just copy the image url from the boards and use that. For example the Thanks Button:

Posted Image

My results are:

1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%) Books, etc. Information link

2. Jehovahs Witness (93%) Books, etc. Information link

3. Orthodox Judaism (85%) Books, etc. Information link

4. Eastern Orthodox (68%) Books, etc. Information link

5. Roman Catholic (68%) Books, etc. Information link

6. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (66%) Books, etc. Information link

I find it interesting that many of us are 100% LDS but after that things change a bit. I have a feeling that a couple questions fit you nicely into the LDS mold. Specifically, the nature of the Godhead and what happens after death. Those are doctrines that are well defined in Mormonism. But many of the social things we can have opinions about, but remain 100% LDS. I answered "doesn't matter" or low importance to most of the social issues because they really aren't important in the big picture.

So says the selectorquiz for religion. SelectSmart.com Selector Quizzes. Find your matching candidate, religion, philosophy, etc. Some here may argue that I'm more than half way there. Then again, maybe the Church is moving ever so cautiously towards me. :P

I am 100% orthodox Jew, 89% Islamic and 82% Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Apparently, my slightly dogmatic nature concentrated on scripture and willingness to accept a lack of knowledge of all things marks me as Orthodox Jew and moves me away from my church. ;) It makes me wonder why I'm 7% more Islamic than LDS, though.

And I'm exactly 82% Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox. Weird.

I am 100% orthodox Jew, 89% Islamic and 82% Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Apparently, my slightly dogmatic nature concentrated on scripture and willingness to accept a lack of knowledge of all things marks me as Orthodox Jew and moves me away from my church. ;) It makes me wonder why I'm 7% more Islamic than LDS, though.

And I'm exactly 82% Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox. Weird.

Haha, I got the same numbers. ... I wonder if it is because whoever made this thinks that Mormons "worship" more than one God.

1. The Kingdom of Jesus Christ, The Name Above Every Name (never heard of them)

2. Jesus Miracle Crusade (Again, who?)

3. Roman Catholic Church (ironic, seeing as I was baptized Ukrainian Orthodox while serving an LDS mission)

4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I just took the "What is your Christian denomination?" quiz and found out that I most closely match Pentecostal, then Seventh Day Adventist (about the same amount as #1), then Mormonism (less than half as much as either of the other two). Hmmm...

I got pretty much 100% Mormon and 99% Pentecostal. I didn't really like the way some of the questions were worded though. I didn't really have an answer that fit a couple of them so I couldn't answer them honestly.

3. Roman Catholic Church (ironic, seeing as I was baptized Ukrainian Orthodox while serving an LDS mission)

Now there's gotta be an interesting story behind that!

Edited by MormonMama

Higher scores for Islam may be due to some LDS reticence to fully embrace and worship Jesus Christ as God. Although you would say He is God, yet your worship seems to favor adoration of Heavenly Father over his Son. That might also pump up some of the Orthodox Judaism scores. Also, there is more focus on obeying the commands--saying that doing so is necessary to achieve salvation. Protestant Christians--even conservatives--know we must obey the commands, and yet would likely answer NO, because we give all credit for our salvation to Christ's work.

As to why some are faltering in their LDS views...perhaps an official inquiry is warranted, hmmmm???? (LOL)

As to why some are faltering in their LDS views...perhaps an official inquiry is warranted, hmmmm???? (LOL)

PrisonChaplain the Grand High Inquisitor of LDS.net.

No one would expect it. ;)

Edited by Dravin

I'm usually a bit taken back by tests like this because I wonder how much the people administering the test really know about all the various religions in order to properly grade answers. There are some things about the LDS Church they simply can't know, right?

Well, I took the poll anyway, and I have to post my results.

1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%) Books, etc. Information link

2. Jehovahs Witness (98%) Books, etc. Information link

3. Orthodox Judaism (75%) Books, etc. Information link

4. Islam (66%) Books, etc. Information link

5. Sikhism (63%) Books, etc. Information link

6. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (62%) Books, etc. Information link

7. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (61%) Books, etc. Information link

8. Eastern Orthodox (61%) Books, etc. Information link

9. Roman Catholic (61%) Books, etc. Information link

10. Seventh Day Adventist (53%) Books, etc. Information link

11. Hinduism (51%) Books, etc. Information link

12. Bahai (49%) Books, etc. Information link

13. Jainism (49%) Books, etc. Information link

14. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (44%) Books, etc. Information link

15. Reform Judaism (44%) Books, etc. Information link

16. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (42%) Books, etc. Information link

17. Mahayana Buddhism (41%) Books, etc. Information link

18. Theravada Buddhism (39%) Books, etc. Information link

19. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (34%) Books, etc. Information link

20. Unitarian Universalism (28%) Books, etc. Information link

21. Scientology (27%) Books, etc. Information link

22. Taoism (22%) Books, etc. Information link

23. Neo-Pagan (21%) Books, etc. Information link

24. New Age (21%) Books, etc. Information link

25. New Thought (18%) Books, etc. Information link

26. Secular Humanism (13%) Books, etc. Information link

27. Non-theist (12%) Books, etc. Information link

They must know at least a little about our beliefs. I was shocked, really, when I saw they had me as 100% LDS.

PC,

What form of Protestant religion are you? Just curious.

BTW, I'm 100% LDS, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%) Books, etc. Information link

2. Jehovahs Witness (95%) Books, etc. Information link

3. Orthodox Judaism (86%) Books, etc. Information link

4. Islam (74%) Books, etc. Information link

5. Eastern Orthodox (69%) Books, etc. Information link

6. Roman Catholic (69%) Books, etc. Information link

7. Bahai (68%) Books, etc. Information link

8. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (66%) Books, etc. Information link

9. Seventh Day Adventist (64%) Books, etc. Information link

10. Sikhism (61%) Books, etc. Information link

I have taken the Belief-o-matic quiz many times, but it certainly is interesting how it changes over the years. Probably good to check this yourself at some later date to see your own religious drift (assuming you are not so conservative that you are in a state of permanent stagnation). My LDS score keeps getting higher and Bahai has replaced Mainstream to Liberal Protestant as my highest score.

1. Baha'i Faith (100%)

2. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (97%)

3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (96%)

4. Reform Judaism (90%)

5. Sikhism (88%)

6. Liberal Quakers (80%)

7. Orthodox Judaism (79%)

8. Unitarian Universalism (77%)

9. Jehovah's Witness (73%)

10. Islam (66%)

11. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (65%)

12. Neo-Pagan (62%)

13. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (61%)

14. Mahayana Buddhism (59%)

15. Theravada Buddhism (58%)

16. Jainism (54%)

17. New Thought (54%)

18. Orthodox Quaker (52%)

19. Hinduism (51%)

20. Eastern Orthodox (49%)

21. Roman Catholic (49%)

22. Scientology (49%)

23. New Age (48%)

24. Seventh Day Adventist (39%)

25. Secular Humanism (39%)

26. Taoism (37%)

27. Nontheist (22%)

Edited by Moksha

Umm what the heck? Apparently I'm Baptist. LDS ranked number 15 on my list! Are you guys taking the "What is your Christian denomination?" quiz? I think I'm doing something wrong.

The long lists with percentages are, unless I'm mistaken, from the Beliefnet link. It is possible that you are failing some litmus test questions because you are parsing them differently than they expect.

For example, "Is Jesus Christ God?*" can be parsed as (among other possibilities):

Is Jesus Christ Heavenly Father/Elohim? (Think Trinitarian or possibly Modalistic)

Is he a member of the Godhead and thus able to lay claim to the title God? (LDS)

Is Jesus Christ divine? (Islam or Atheist)

I'm sure there are others, but as you can see if the question assumes one reading and you assume the other it may put you on the wrong peg. I think PC touched on it, but if I say no I may think I'm saying he's not the Father but it may be thinking I'm Muslim, or if I say yes thinking he's a member of the Godhead it may be assuming I'm trinitarian.

* Can't recall if that is an actual question.

Edited by Dravin

The long lists with percentages are, unless I'm mistaken, from the Beliefnet link. It is possible that you are failing some litmus test questions because you are parsing them differently than they expect.

For example, "Is Jesus Christ God?*" can be parsed as (among other possibilities):

Is Jesus Christ Heavenly Father/Elohim? (Think Trinitarian or possibly Modalistic)

Is he a member of the Godhead and thus able to lay claim to the title God? (LDS)

Is Jesus Christ divine? (Islam or Atheist)

I'm sure there are others, but as you can see if the question assumes one reading and you assume the other it may put you on the wrong peg. I think PC touched on it, but if I say no I may think I'm saying he's not the Father but it may be thinking I'm Muslim, or if I say yes thinking he's a member of the Godhead it may be assuming I'm not LDS.

* Can't recall if that is an actual question.

Well I just took the quiz on Beliefnet, and it gave me a result of 100% Mormon. I realized I need to increase my understanding of the Trinity because I wasn't really sure how to answer some questions.

Well I just took the quiz on Beliefnet, and it gave me a result of 100% Mormon. I realized I need to increase my understanding of the Trinity because I wasn't really sure how to answer some questions.

Well to be fair if the test is written adequately one should only need to know one's own religion to get the proper result.