Brushing your teeth on Fast Sunday...

xenic101

Lol, do I even want to know the story behind that post?

Exactly...

Xenic, by all means, please brush your teeth on fast Sunday. Even using ACT Mouthwash is ok.

I think someone in the past asked about taking medication (includes taking water to down the pills) on fast Sunday, it is totally ok.

You may find yourself only half baked if you start baking at 11:55 p.m. But then again, many people I have met on this site are only half baked. lol

Man! The jig is up! I brush my teeth every Fast Sunday just so I have an excuse to drink the water! That teeny water in the sacrament cup is just not enough!

...are we not supposed to drink water while fasting?

I do....i don't drink juice or milk..but water is like....God's juice!

Yes fasting traditionally includes forgoing water, in the words of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, members are encouraged to fast whenever their faith needs special fortification and to fast regularly once each month on fast day. On that day, we go without eating or drinking for two consecutive meals, commune with our Heavenly Father, and contribute a fast offering to help the poor.

The standard caveats apply such as being in a situation where abstaining from water is a health hazard due to medical or environmental conditions.

Yes fasting traditionally includes forgoing water, in the words of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

The standard caveats apply such as being in a situation where abstaining from water is a health hazard due to medical or environmental conditions.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! You broke the chain and gave a serious response!! BEWARE!!!

...are we not supposed to drink water while fasting?

I do....i don't drink juice or milk..but water is like....God's juice!

I think it's a personal decision. I drink water while fasting, because if I don't, I get really bad headaches -- not quite migraines, but bad -- and my head throbs with light-sensitivity, sometimes I feel nauseated, and always I get really, really cranky.