Glenn Beck leaving foxnews?

prophetofdoom

I enjoy Beck's humor. I appreciate the investigative contributions he's made in revealing stuff nobody else had revealed. I also think every month that goes by, he's further and further into fringe nut territory, and I can't really follow him there.

(I'm also secretly afraid that the 'fringe nut' stuff is getting more realistic, more based on solid fact and more reasonable and easy to believe.)

(Finally, I'm ultimately afraid that my secret fear is an indication that I'm moving towards the fringe, and interpreting that as the fringe moving towards me.)

I enjoy Beck's humor. I appreciate the investigative contributions he's made in revealing stuff nobody else had revealed. I also think every month that goes by, he's further and further into fringe nut territory, and I can't really follow him there.

(I'm also secretly afraid that the 'fringe nut' stuff is getting more realistic, more based on solid fact and more reasonable and easy to believe.)

(Finally, I'm ultimately afraid that my secret fear is an indication that I'm moving towards the fringe, and interpreting that as the fringe moving towards me.)

yeah...me too :o

He has definitely dropped the humor and become more serious on his shows the last 4 years. Sometimes I worry for him. I think there is a lot going on around him that he either can't or won't share with his audience. He has been hinting for a while that he and his family feel there have been credible threats on their safety and lives. Whether his charges are accurate or not, he seems to be upsetting some seriously powerful people.

I miss the old Glenn. His 'commercials' were classics, my favorite being 'Michael Moorios'....But he too misses the old stuff. Has stated so several times on his radio show. But he feels that he is doing what he needs to do right now, that there is so much muck and filth that needs to be exposed that he has to do it or no one will. I wonder sometimes about his health, both physical and mental. The threats are real. The hatred shown him by those in power and those that think they have power is real as well, and I think he worries a lot about his kids. I don't think he's gone to the conspiracy nut camp, and in fact he debunks a lot of the myths that are prevalent out there. But what he has unearthed that later is proven to be true makes me think he is digging into areas best left alone if you want to remain safe. He has taken on a powerful enemy by calling out 'spooky dude' Soros.

And remember, Glenn has battled depression. What he is finding out has to be affecting him in that way as well, so the humor is few and far between. That, I believe, is the role of Pat and Stu on the radio, to try and keep things a bit lighter. But he says he only gets a couple of hours of sleep a night, that he has some weird disease they can't figure out, he is eating sticks and grass right now, etc., etc., etc.

If he leaves Fox, it won't be like when he left CNN. His Insider Extreme already does a lot of documentaries, etc,. so he will still get his message out.

What do you guys think of Glenn Beck leaving foxnews? Here is the New York Times article.

I wonder what is going on behind the scenes. Is he having disputes with the network?

I don't know if he's having disputes with FOX; sometimes the iron is hot and you just have to strike. He's got a considerable audience and, at least for now, enough clout to bring a ton o'people with him to wherever he wants to go.

When I first read the title, my thought was, 'What's he gonna do? Create his own channel?' I see I wasn't far from right. There's no where else for him to go right now. The only thing for him to do is create his own channel.

Every time I think Beck is nuts, if I keep listening, I realize he's right, or at least has a clue. That's more than can be said for a lot of people. As for conspiracy theories, gee, who doesn't like a nice conspiracy theory? :lol: Doesn't mean I have to believe it to enjoy hearing him spin one out.

Plus, he's got death threats and all manner of garbage from the left. I give him big props for not turning tail and hiding out at home. I doubt many of us could put up with what he has to put up with everyday - just for speaking the truth as he sees it - 'cause you know, only libs get to speak in this environment.

Beck said the NY Times article was a desperate grasp at straws. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he does get ousted. He's never been a friend of the establishment GOP, and more conservatives lately seem to have issues with what he says.

I do feel for him... And I do fear that he's right more often than not. The modern Gadianton Robbers have a very strong foothold in our society...

It's no surprise that liberal media outlets are looking to take down Foxnews by using a time honored tactic, creating a rumor of a schism when in fact none exists.

Glenn Beck I admire a lot because he does that which seems to have become politically incorrect, even on the right, by establishing unbroken continuity between religion and politics. Christianity has been the source of liberty ever since its beginning and it's the key ingredient in creating the most free and prosperous society in the history of mankind right here in America.

If Glenn leaves Foxnews, I think it will likely be on his own volition. He is a very principled man and seems to me, looking for a hill to die on. Since Foxnews is ultimately a corporation with its own self interests, the opportunity for conflict between its interests and Beck's convictions is abundant. This is just how it appears to me and I could be very wrong on this.

The question is, does somebody else present a challenge for his slot? Mark Levin is in ill health and cannot do a TV slot. Rush Limbaugh tried TV and found he didn't like it. Who else? Michael Savage is a loner with hardened personality traits that preclude him from joining any network. Rusty Humphries, Jerry Doyle, Michael Reagan, and Eric Harley and Gary McNamara on the Midnight Radio Network, all radio guys with no ambition to go to TV. Are they going to give this prized slot to a flaming liberal like Alan Colmes? Hah!

I don't think anyone is going to dislodge Beck any time soon.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't REALLY following you. :eek::lol:

This brings to mind a quote by, I think, Will Rogers. It goes something like, "Mixing politics and religion is like mixing manure and ice cream. It doesn't do much to the manure, but it surely does ruin the ice cream."

Only an idiot would pretend that politics and religion are not already mixed. The whole conservative movement is motivated by religion and the Left...well, they have a religion too.

Only an idiot would pretend that politics and religion are not already mixed. The whole conservative movement is motivated by religion and the Left...well, they have a religion too.

nor would i like to see what happens to the Gov when all forms of religious influence get excised.

The reason I (a faithful, religious person) am happy to keep religion out of politics is that *I* want to choose which religion is promoted for my family. I don't want the school, the local government, the feds promoting a religion. Chances are, it won't be the religion I want. Also, the whole civil rights/religious freedom/let them worship how, where, or what they may bit means a lot to me. I don't want government to trample those rights.

The reason I (a faithful, religious person) am happy to keep religion out of politics is that *I* want to choose which religion is promoted for my family. I don't want the school, the local government, the feds promoting a religion. Chances are, it won't be the religion I want. Also, the whole civil rights/religious freedom/let them worship how, where, or what they may bit means a lot to me. I don't want government to trample those rights.

Have you really thought this statement through? Ok so we all agree that the federal government cannot establish an official religion, but did we stop there? Oh no! Now it is the practice of religion in general that has become outlawed in government buildings, schools, pretty much most of your life if you are either a pupil or work for government. But even that wasn't enough. Now laws that have religious motivations are suspect too so we shouldn't even use religion when picking politicians or passing laws. And on and on we go. Miles from what the Founding Fathers intended with the 1st Ammendment, we are now scrubbing all of government clean of any trace of religious influence. You say you don't want government to trample your rights. Well, they already have because we accepted the absurd notion that politics and religion should be separated.