Soda...pop?

Blocky

Interesting.. Yeh my mum mostly grew up in California and said "Soda". My dad is a Brit but he'll say "Soda-pop". I call it neither one or the other. I say "Fizzy-bubbly"! :D In the Philippines though and a lot of Southeast Asia call most everything that's soda/pop—coke! Haha.

I grew up in California where we call it soda. I now live in Washington where it's called pop, which seems so... Mayberry to me. :lol: I remember looking twice at a gas station sign my first week here, because it said "We have burgers! chips! pop!" It took me a minute to realize what that third thing they were advertising was. :P I hadn't realized up to that point that anyone even still *used* that word! I'd only ever heard it used on old Andy Griffith show reruns.

Anything fizzy was "coke" in my neck of the woods. The thing is, we never said we wanted a "coke" unless we wanted Coca Cola. You would ask someone, "Would you like a coke? We have root beer, Pepsi, Sprite..."