Okay let's hear your ideas

pam

I'm always trying to come up with cute little gimmicks to motivate my team at work. They love them. But I need some more ideas and I know all of you are so creative.

Here is what I mean:

Can of Mt. Dew for those that have the "can do" attitude.

Licorice ropes "Don't get "roped" into poor quality"

Large tootsie roll "Ben is on a roll"

etc etc etc etc

Give me some ideas please!!!

I found these ones online (two of them you already have them) :)

Plastic/rubber whale for "whale" of a performance.

* Pillsbury dough boy for the person raisin' the most bread.

* Cardboard stars for star-studded performances.

* Plastic phonograph records for setting a new record.

* California raisins for those with the highest percentage of "raisin" their productivity.

* Special parking space for the person who drives the hardest.

* Toy cymbals for those "symbolizing" total effort.

* Special Mountain Dew can for that person who exemplifies the "can do" attitude.

* A figurine of E.T. for out-of-this-world performance.

* The Eveready Bunny for those that keep going, and going, and going.

* Large Tootsie Roll replica for those on a "roll."

* A drum for the person that "drums" up the most business.

20 ways to motivate your employees without raising their pay.

I dunno. I know projects like this are well-intended, but being a Convergys survivor I can tell you that there's really no substitute for a fair wage and reasonable employer expectations. In the absence of those two elements, all the morale-boosting gimmicks in the world will just come off as insulting.

(Hopefully, Pam, the atmosphere at your workplace is far better than what I had to endure.) ;)

i buy pizza once a month. it costs a little, but they like it. i also am their friend and learn about their families etc. occasionally one of my nurses says it is an extra pizza day, ir that the staff could sure use some mexican food or something like that.

too often we put ourselves ahead of others so they need to think a little token is special. be a friend. do the work with them. be a part of their lives. remember we are all REALLY brothers and sisters.

If you're in an organization where sales is important, then I'd reward for the # of yes's during 2 different 4-hour shifts AND reward the # of no's.

Eventually, the person who has the most no's will also have the most yes's.

Simple $5 gift cards work well for this.

Don't know if this applies to your situation or not, but I've used it in the past and have gotten GREAT results with it!

When I was surpervising an office I found it was the little courtesies and personal thank yous that meant the most. Such as buying a coke for the receptionist the day she agreed to work through without breaks because there was no one to cover the front desk. I put a hand written thank you on the coke.

Or ... Our office was having a ton of IT problems. We sent a memo to all the nurses, office staff, managers, nurses aides...everyone. We expressed our appreciation for the IT guy and asked that if they felt the same way could they donate a candy bar or can of pop to an "thank you" basket. The response was amazing. It all didn't fit in the basket and we had to add a brown paper grocery bag (which was overflowing). This little thing did some BIG things: 1) It brought the office together in a service oriented way and increased moral measureably. 2) it created a loyalty from the IT guy I wasn't expecting. It cost me 75 cents and writing a memo.

Its the personal interest and written thank yous I have appreciated in the past and I found when supervising others, that they appreciate it too.

"I can live for three months on a good compliment" -- Mark Twain

Edited by applepansy
added quote

I dunno. I know projects like this are well-intended, but being a Convergys survivor I can tell you that there's really no substitute for a fair wage and reasonable employer expectations. In the absence of those two elements, all the morale-boosting gimmicks in the world will just come off as insulting.

(Hopefully, Pam, the atmosphere at your workplace is far better than what I had to endure.) ;)

Actually my team loves these things. Their pay is based on performance and the cutesy little things I do have helped. They look forward to seeing what I will come up with next and if there will be something on their desk when they come in. They've told me that doing things like this shows I care and am willing to go a little further to motivate them. I'm just hoping for more ideas such as I had in my OP.

Edited by pam

Thanks for your commit "mint." (attached to a roll of mints or Junior Mints)

You are an office/team/whatever Life Saver. (for Life Savers of course)

Your dedication is refreshing. (for bottled water)

Your work is worth a million but i hope a "hundred grand" will do. Thanks for all your really hard work.

(for a hundred grand candy bar obviously)

Just popped in to say thank you for all the time you put into your work. (attached to a bag of microwavable popcorn)

Thanks for all the Extra hard work you do. (for Extra gum)

I don't know if any of those would work for ya... maybe with your own specialized tweeking.