Logan Utah seems very friendly

Mute

I just arrived in Logan Utah last night. I'll be living here now. I have two brothers that live here and they've been spending the last couple years trying to get me to move out here. Seems like a rather friendly atmosphere over all from what I've seen so far. People in the grocery store talked to me out of the blue like they knew me. That's not something you would usually expect in a grocery store back where I lived in the east. Not that I'm saying the people back east are not friendly but it's definitely not as common to go talk to people in public unless you know them. It just feels very welcoming here. Still, I'm going to keep a close eye on my wallet lol.

Anyways, not sure where I was going with this thread but Logan Utah seems like a great place to raise a family. By the way, anyone by chance have any idea what percentage of people are lds here? Growing up, I was the only lds in my grade and often the only one in my school.

Edited by Mute

I love Logan. Plus the fact it's close to Bear Lake which is a favorite place of mine. Especially during raspberry season. They have some of the best raspberry shakes around.

I just arrived in Logan Utah last night. I'll be living here now. I have two brothers that live here and they've been spending the last couple years trying to get me to move out here. Seems like a rather friendly atmosphere over all from what I've seen so far. People in the grocery store talked to me out of the blue like they knew me. That's not something you would usually expect in a grocery store back where I lived in the east. Not that I'm saying the people back east are not friendly but it's definitely not as common to go talk to people in public unless you know them. It just feels very welcoming here. Still, I'm going to keep a close eye on my wallet lol.

Anyways, not sure where I was going with this thread but Logan Utah seems like a great place to raise a family. By the way, anyone by chance have any idea what percentage of people are lds here? Growing up, I was the only lds in my grade and often the only one in my school.

well welcome neighbor ^.^

well theres enough lds that in the main city there seems to be an LDS meeting house about every other block, at least in a few locations anyways.

And I love the free bussing.

Howdy neighbor, I'm just over the hill.... (pun intended) :D... In reality its a bit more than a hill but in the summer we take the dirt road over to Paradise when we go to Logan and Bear Lake.

My hubby and I have almost moved to Logan twice. Now we live over the hill from Paradise and next door to Eden. :D

Welcome to Utah. People here are very friendly. Most informal church meetings are held in the aisle of the grocery store. LOL:eek:

Ya, again. I went for a walk and people just came out of their yard to greet me. That isn't common back east unless you're a usual walker in a sub division. Even the people I passed smiled. It wasn't like they were just smiling either because they were simply happy. It was like they were smiling at you or about you. It's just a very warm welcoming feeling. I told that to one of my roommates here and he said no one ever talks to him when he passes by. Then again, he rides a bike so no one would have time to really talk to him as he passes by. Even in the stores I went today with one of my brothers, people were just over all much more friendly than what would be considered common back east. I need to call and tell my friends back east about it. See if they would be interested in moving out here. The mountains are quite the sight to see.

I was just there today. It's so beautiful this time of year! I lived there for 7 years after I got married and I'd move back in a heartbeat. Our neighborhood was probably 90% LDS (which can be a good thing or not so good depending on your perspective) My grandparents all the way back several generations and my mother were Cache Valley natives. We'd visit Logan several times a year when I was a kid. I grew to love the cow smell that hit you as you came out of Sardine Canyon. I remember when 2400 North where one aunt and uncle lived was way out in the country. Now it's businesses along Main with almost no break all the way up to Smithfield. Kinda sad that way but there is still lots of open space. I really think it's one of the most beautiful places in Utah. Plus there is plenty of "culture" with USU there. Utah Opera Co and plenty of great music resources. Not the best college sports teams but there are many old timers who are loyal regardless.

Now you have me all nostalgic.

Edited by carlimac

I went to USU and loved living in Logan. I walked all the tima at all hours and always felt safe. It gets horribly cold in the winter though. I started winter semester and I was there for 2 weeks before the tempurature got up to zero!

Wow, I never remember it being that cold in Logan. But then we moved from there to MN so maybe my memory froze up.

Guest mirancs8

I'm from the NE and having lived in AZ for a little over 2 1/2 years it certainly is a shock how friendly people are. When I first moved here it took me forever to convience myself that they were being genuine. In the NE we tend to find it very odd that someone for no reason at all being friendly/kind to us isn't a sign that they want something from us.

I love Utah and it's natural beauty. Enjoy your time living there!