Lingerie?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Friday night! You know what that means. Time to put on my 50 layers of clothing!

It's a miracle you have children. Brother MorningStar is a patient and determined man.

Time for me to go home for a late date with my mate!

• 1 month later...

I have often thought that over the years we should have bought stock in Victoria's Secret. I love when my wife puts on Sexy Lingerie for me. Especially when it's unexpected. Like walking around the house and she does something to make me notice. I think personally there needs to be some fun stuff like that to keep your marriage alive and keep either one of you from having a wandering eye. If I can be satisfied at home I have no reason to go look elsewhere. Sorry Guys but my wife is way Hotter than yours... lol..

While on the Subject of Lingerie I one had a Bishop's Wife that we are good friends with tell my wife and a few other girls that they should once in awhile Dress up for their husbands going out on a date and such. Yes we are supposed to wear our garments night and day but I totally agree with this great Lady that it's good for the marriage to dress up once in while and wear something sexy. I am not saying dress up like a slut or something but maybe wear something with some sexy lingerie underneath and not tell him and let him figure it out. My wife doesn't do this all the time but I can tell you when she does it's an incredible night and one we talk about for weeks. I love my wife. She knows how to take care of her husband and keep him from wanting someone else.

I've heard similar things as to "This little nightie doesn't cover my garments!". I personally don't know why it should. I think those who claim to wear their garments literally 24/7 are nuts. If we branch away from that to justify removing the garment for exercise and whatnot, I like to imagine sex would be an appropriate time.

I haven't heard any church policy, but I think one can make up her own mind about what is appropriate as far as individual pieces go.

Of course nobody wears them 24/7 unless you don't shower.

But yes Always to be worn unless they MUST be removed.

What does "must" mean? I just think that requires a little bit of common sense.

Swimming, doctors visits, having sex. etc etc etc...

Personally, I'd just think any question about this is best directed at a bishop, someone with the authority to tell you what gods will is whit garments and other activities such as sexual.

This is a clear and bold demonstration of Satan's Counterfeits.

Garments = Holy, Symbol of your Covenant

Lingerie = Satan's attempt to sexify a sacred ordinince of the Lord.

Much like Satan tries to Counterfeit the happines of the Gift of The Holy Ghost with Alcohol, Drugs, or any other outside pleasure that is addictive and destructive.

Guest LiterateParakeet

I love when my wife puts on Sexy Lingerie for me. Especially when it's unexpected. Like walking around the house and she does something to make me notice. I think personally there needs to be some fun stuff like that to keep your marriage alive

I agree! I think it is healthy to keep fun in the marraige this way.

Much like Satan tries to Counterfeit the happines of the Gift of The Holy Ghost with Alcohol, Drugs, or any other outside pleasure that is addictive and destructive.

Yup, you are single. Read the whole thread and see what others who are in relationships and marriages (yes, even temple ones) and see how acceptable it really is.

And by the way, comparing lingerie to alcohol, drugs and other addictions? Really? Let's get real with the zealousness. You're just about in the fanatical range.

RU serious? lingerie is from Satan. I feel bad for whomever you are married to and if you are not married I wish you luck. Sorry to be so Bold but I think your way out in left field with this statement. I have talked to many different bishops in my Family including my Father that would agree with me whole heartedly.

Yup, you are single. Read the whole thread and see what others who are in relationships and marriages (yes, even temple ones) and see how acceptable it really is.

And by the way, comparing lingerie to alcohol, drugs and other addictions? Really? Let's get real with the zealousness. You're just about in the fanatical range.

yeah your right it was alittle fanatical but i sincerely believe this to be true. not so much with Married Couples... but things like SPORTS ILLUSTRATED "SWIMSUIT" edition and stuff. yes certainly, made to entice men.

I have often thought that over the years we should have bought stock in Victoria's Secret. I love when my wife puts on Sexy Lingerie for me. Especially when it's unexpected. Like walking around the house and she does something to make me notice. I think personally there needs to be some fun stuff like that to keep your marriage alive and keep either one of you from having a wandering eye. If I can be satisfied at home I have no reason to go look elsewhere. Sorry Guys but my wife is way Hotter than yours... lol..

Without being too bold here, I would like to say I may like dressing up in something pretty for myself! My husband has said he's pretty simple that way and mainly cares about the end result of sex so he'll take or leave the lingerie. But it makes me feel pretty and sexy... so everyone's happy. ;) Or maybe I'm just the twitterpated newlywed.

Counterfeit of what?

No argument there.

Marriage is a sacred ordinance of the Lord.

We are commanded to become one--and I'm pretty sure that includes the bond of sexual relations.

And hopefully good sex is fairly sexy.

So... yeah. The sexy part is an integral part of marriage.

Since when is sex as a rule addictive and destructive? We're not talking about sex addicts or those who break the law of chastity. We're talking about healthy sexual relations within marriage.

well, me and two of my friends are engaged, and we've spoken about this and one of them is so close to the marriage he felt it appropriate to ask the bishop what he thought about a lot of certain things, this subject being one of them.

my friend brought up the clever statement to his bishop about "with garments you dont have to wear them with the 3 (or 4) S's" which are

swimming

sports in which the garment cant be used

sex

shower (which is obvious)

someone saying that you cant wear a nightie while engaging in foreplay or whatnot might as well say you shouldnt take your garments off for sex at all. youre going to HAVE to take them off sometime.

another good example is if your opinion is that you shouldnt take them off until youre doing the deed of sex, what of swimming? should we not take our garments off until we are at waters edge? or does the lord allow us the five to ten minutes getting dressed in a swim suit in a bathroom? lol

i think some people forget how ultimately understanding the Lord can be. He is all just, but that doesnt make him a pharisee.

and hey there ConvinceTheWorld, sex is a sacred ordinance?!?!!1/11//11/one?!?!?11/1

ordinances are practices of the priesthood, usually with a prayer, like a blessing or the sacrament or bestowing on the priesthood.

whoever is up above me hit it on the nail, it is MARRIAGE that is the sacred ordinance, ya know, being sealed, priesthood?

if youre trying to tell me you plan on saying a prayer before and after sex when youre married, i guess all i can say to that is whatever floats your boat.

Edited by Eleven
commenting

I don't like the idea of going out with my husband while wearing lingerie under my clothes. Seems rather pointless and a little too close to stories I've heard about women not wearing their garments while they're on cruises so they can wear slinky black dresses. There are plenty of ways to please your spouse without pushing the limits of the covenants you've made.

I'm don't believe I'm saying this, but let's cut CtW some slack.

He's still quite young and inexperienced in relationships. Thus, his views. But for right now at this point in his life, those views are plenty acceptable. Just so long as he understands that marriage allows a great many more things than the single life.

Throwing my two cents out there--I just read a talk by Elder Bednar where he spoke of chastity within the marriage. Obviously this means being faithful to your spouse, but he also said just one little bit about what was appropriate within the intimacy of marriage. "Keep it simple."

Personally, I take that to mean that making yourself look pretty in lingerie and preparing each other for intimacy is a good thing, especially if both husband and wife feel comfortable with it. But keep it simple. And you know what I mean--it shouldn't have to be spelled out. If you can feel the spirit in your home at all times, then you're good. And yes, you can still feel the spirit's presence during intimacy. I'm not saying you have to pray before or after, but you should still feel like a clean, pure, son or daughter of God.

Just so long as he understands that marriage allows a great many more things than the single life.

This^

Just remember O.P. This part of marriage is just as sacred as any other, it's not wrong. As long as afterwords your still worthy of wearing the sacred endowments then the lord will be happy and so will your marriage.