Investigator seeks assistance

investigator01

Investigator seeks assistance.

My wife is LDS. I am Christian. We have been attending an LDS church for 1 year. I have a few tough questions regarding LDS beliefs and the things that the church is teaching me. I wish to ask someone who has a little time, tough skin and a great knowledge of the church. I wish to e mail someone a few pages of questions regarding topics I have been studying with the church for this past year. I hesitate to ask the local members and missionaries I have grown to love because I fear my questions could be perceived as offensive or insulting. I only seek to humbly yet firmly ask the questions that I can help but wonder about. Any help or takers? Thank you.

That depends on how willing you are to accept an answer. If you are truly seeking to understand and not to impose your preconceived understanding on everything anyone says, then sure, there are many of us who would be more than willing to take some time explaining our beliefs to you. If your intent is to prove the supremacy of your self-proclaimed "Christian" beliefs -- and as you doubtless realize, by separating LDS from Christian, you are in effect saying that Latter-day Saints are not Christian -- then we will have little or no interest in engaging you in conversation.

Investigator seeks assistance.

My wife is LDS. I am Christian. We have been attending an LDS church for 1 year. I have a few tough questions regarding LDS beliefs and the things that the church is teaching me. I wish to ask someone who has a little time, tough skin and a great knowledge of the church. I wish to e mail someone a few pages of questions regarding topics I have been studying with the church for this past year. I hesitate to ask the local members and missionaries I have grown to love because I fear my questions could be perceived as offensive or insulting. I only seek to humbly yet firmly ask the questions that I can help but wonder about. Any help or takers? Thank you.

What, you don't think we can handle your questions here? If you are seriously having questions, and are an honest seeker of truth, then we invite you to ask away. Please, just ask one question at a time so we can answer them in manageable slices.

One of the things we warn our site members about is taking conversations with people that do not know away from the site.

We'd prefer you ask the questions here. Thanks.

As others have said, feel free to ask on here. You might be surprised to know this, but some people have in the past attempted to take conversations offline in an attempt to get information necessary to steal identities or harass members.

While I'm certain that's not what your intention is, this is why it's unwise to take conversations offline with people you don't know.

I would suggest you bring some of your questions (for now) to the Missionaries. I'm not sure how you think the question would be insulting to them, but not to us?

Even more the question(s) can have more time, can be addressed more directly.

You can post some of your questions on these boards, but having a big long list will just cause confusion of everybody trying to answer them all at one.

If you want to ask the top of your list question, go for it. Or is there a way you can group some of your questions together.

As you can see from this board anybody is willing to answer.

So I chatted with Investigator01 and got his list of questions. Feel free to attempt answers after wiping my gauntlet from your face.

Joseph claims God the Father spoke to him in the First Vision. Joesph is now dead, so who can I ask to independently verify the event?

Whoa! Really?

(not a question, but) cool.

Why is everyone in my wife's church so awesome?

If I join, will I automatically be awesome too?

Or is awesomeness a requirement for joining?

I read about your degrees of glory. How great is that?

There are others, but I'll wait for you to cut your teeth into these.

Joseph claims God the Father spoke to him in the First Vision. Joesph is now dead, so who can I ask to independently verify the event?

The obvious answer would be the other parties claimed to be involved. Heavenly Father should be able to identified if the event happened.

Why is everyone in my wife's church so awesome?

If I join, will I automatically be awesome too?

Or is awesomeness a requirement for joining?

Making awesomeness a goal is a requirement for joining.

I read about your degrees of glory. How great is that?

Fairly.

So these are really serious questions, then.

I'm glad you didn't take it offline and give him your email. Some hackers will try to get people in to conversations using MSN messenger, which can cause real problems. As long as you asked him in email format on the website and not through your private email, I'm sure it was fine.

By their fruits, ye shall know them.

If The Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith was a true prophet.

If Joseph Smith was a true prophet, then the vision happened exactly as he said it did.

The spirit shall testify of all things to you.

Hidden

Hallo my name is Joe. My native language is German but there is not much going on besides English in the net.

Well – I left the Church (Inactive) 30 years ago because I had never a real testimony. Hurt feelings left behind on both sides. Sure I know the BM. Sure I know a lot about Mormons, attendet PV and priesthood classes. Over the years a lot is fading away. I am a Christian and study the scriptures since 30 years. I have 5 editions of the Bible, Lutheran 2, Schlachter, Erbenfelder and the King James Version. I read the Tenach and look one in a wile in the Quar’an.

Well – my parents were Mormons. I missed the opportunity to talk with my father about faith. To late now.

What do I want? Well – I try to find out if my parents were right and there is a true church on this earth.

So may I find answers and if I have a question I ask.

Joe

Investigator, I totally understand what you mean by tough skin, you mean mature in the Lord, willing to accept both the good and the bad and even win over your brother or sister or it could be that the Lord will reveal to you that the church is good for you your wife and your fam. I'm not your traditional LDS however I am a member, I became a member after the Lord revealed to me that he set me apart from non-believers and other christlike's. I honored his wish or try to honor and glorify his name here on earth so when they ask, "are you Christian" (Christlike), I could answer them by my fruits/spirit rather than to say yes. Being the salt and light of the world isn't as simple as converting into Christianity, but it takes up excersising our faith, to be worthy of such beautiful gift such as Salvation, that is found by and through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I could see why you would have many questions, to be frank, I myself am not involved in Mormon philosophy but rather be Spirit lead as the Lord dictates according to his holy scriptures and my daily walk (communion with him). I will say this if it helps any....I was catholic as child, became born again christian at 13 (began a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ through reading his word and ofcourse having him as my only friend).

I later married a non-believer...(biggest no no) but I carried my cross even when I knew my marriage wasn't on the solid rock. I learned to relying on the Lord for deliverance. As I grew in the Lord, His Spirit filled me with power and strength and the Lord (not only was he my savior and Lord ) but because of my uneven yoke with my husband and the passion I had for getting to know him (The LORD), he became my master and lord as in the old days such as you would read from sara and abraham (my new yoke) and because of that I was no longer under the yoke of slavery.

To cut through the chase what I'm trying to say is that with God all is possible and that we may have knowledge and wisdom and may know all sorts of spiritual mysteries but if we have no love than we are nothing at all. Pray for your marriage, pray for your wife help comfort and encourage eachother, if you are not for me than you are against me say's the Lord...

FROM INVESTIGAOTOR01:

Thank you ReynaRosa that is along the lines of what I am thinking. I am not a hacker or someone trying to throw spears at people. I am not trying to spread hate or do any harm. I have done nothing but introduce myself and ask for assistance. That was the only question I have asked so far. I thought that is what this site is for? I guess I was wrong.

Vort: I refer to LDS members as LDS because that what they refer to themselves as. ("Ladder day saints" like on the sign in front of every church or “LDS.org”). I never even insinuated that you were not Christian. I referred to myself as a believer in Christ. I even refrained from the word Mormon as some get offended with that.

Once again my interest and studies have come to a screeching and disappointing halt. The response from"vort" is unfortunately the most typical response I get from LDS members when I even mention that I have tough questions. I came to this site in the hopes of a good alternative direction.

I am sorry but it seems as though I will not find what I am looking for. I humbly and respectfully withdrawal my interests and questions.

Thank you for your time.

I counted 6 people on the 1st page of this thread that were interested in helping to answer your questions. But because of 1 poster, you're not going to post them?

Do you really want help in answering your questions? Because we have answers!

Skippy740:

Thank you. You are correct and I will not let the small things get to me. I greatly appreciate everyone who responded positively and with open arms. I appreciate your time and I have read all of your comments. I am withdrawing my interest because I wish to have a meaningful sincere conversation without inserts like those from "Vort" and "Mordordund" I will find another path to seek what I need. Thank you all and God bless.

Mordorbund:

What are you saying? Those are not my questions. My IQ is quite a bit higher than that my friend. I have not asked a single question yet to anyone other than for help. What is going on here? You should be ashamed for making things up.

My apologies. I concluded from your silence that you were just a flash-in-the-pan poster and took the opportunity for some levity. It looks like you're more of a weekend poster. I look forward to reading your questions and some of the answers from the helpful forum members.

Skippy740:

Thank you. You are correct and I will not let the small things get to me. I greatly appreciate everyone who responded positively and with open arms. I appreciate your time and I have read all of your comments. I am withdrawing my interest because I wish to have a meaningful sincere conversation without inserts like those from "Vort" and "Mordordund" I will find another path to seek what I need. Thank you all and God bless.

Huh? Wha'd I say?