Stupidest thing said on a first date?

Either to you, or by you. :D I have 3:

Date, after dinner: So what do you want to do now?

Date's sidekick, who did not bring a date: Let's go to my house and watch movies

Me: That sounds fun.

Date: Oh, we meant just us. Thanks for having dinner with me!

I thought maybe things just didn't click for him, which is fine. That happens. That's why you have a first date (though bringing his bff was weird). Then he called me a few days later and seemed shocked and hurt that I didn't want to go out again.

Date: I don't really like crowds. Do you think you can find yourself a ride home? <runs>

This one didn't call again, but he did glare at me from the stand every Sunday. He was executive secretary or something.

Date: I bet I can guess your bra size.

Me: :huh: (I just met this guy 5 minutes ago.)

later. . .

Date: I just don't know if you'd be comfortable with my family. They're all very intelligent and educated and I wouldn't want you to feel like an outsider.

Me: :huh: (I just met this guy an hour ago.)

He called a month later, disappointed to hear that I was seeing someone.

I dont have a stupid one but on my first date with my future husband, he was about 4 hours late. We both worked nights so I did understand him falling asleep. Was not impressed though. Oh then when he showed up our two HUGE red eyed throwback german shepards greeted him at his car door and scared the heck out of him. They looked DOWN on him sitting in his car and were laughing at him. Lol. We knew they were laughing but he sure didnt. lol was so funny!

Date: Do you wear gloves when you clean bathrooms.

Me: Not always or it would depend on what in the bathroom I'm cleaning.

Date: Okay well I'm going to take you home. I can't date someone that doesn't wear gloves the entire time they are in the bathroom.

True story. He took me home. Thanks goodness.

I have a son who is much like that. He askes me all the time if I have washed my hands after being in the bathroom. Its weird.

Some people I realize are OCD about things like that. But it was one of the first questions he asked me. We had not even made it to the restaurant we were going to when he asked me and then promptly took me home. Darn, I didn't even get a free meal out of the whole thing. :)

How about the first date that never was? Like the pretty girl in my Latin class:

Vort: Hi, Daphne. Would you like to go [do some date activity that I don't remember]?

Daphne: No. I'm busy.

Vort: Oh, okay. How about next week?

Vort: Oh. [slight, awkward pause] So, is, uh, there any time you won't be busy?

Daphne: No.

Vort: [Finally gets the unsubtle hint] Well, 'bye.

Being the guy is not all it's cracked up to be in the minds of many women.

How about the first date that never was? Like the pretty girl in my Latin class:

Vort: Hi, Daphne. Would you like to go [do some date activity that I don't remember]?

Vort: Oh, okay. How about next week?

Vort: Oh. [slight, awkward pause] So, is, uh, there any time you won't be busy?

Daphne: No.

Vort: [Finally gets the unsubtle hint] Well, 'bye.

Being the guy is not all it's cracked up to be in the minds of many women.

awww she just didnt know you well enough!! at least she didnt lead you on!!

My wife could undoubtedly talk your ear off on the stupid things I've said... But I'll share this bit of awkwardness from the first time I asked her out.

Me: "So would you like to go to <mutual friends> birthday party?"

Future Mrs Estradling: "Sure"

Me: <seriously over thinks for loop holes in her answer>

Me: "Uhmmm would you like to go... with me?"

I would give pretty much any guy one chance. I went on some first dates I really didn't want to. (Maybe that's why I have so many good dating stories). But when you're trying to size up my bra size or my intelligence, based on limited conversation, or show me all the pictures you've drawn of every girl you've stalked since puberty, date 2 probably isn't going to happen.

Oh boy. I could leave a wall-o-text on this thread. But the first guy that comes to mind is one I met while I was going to school in Las Vegas. We met at a single's dance and he was cute.. and complimentary.. I mean he seemed normal.

Our first date was nice.. he took me to dinner just the two of us and then we met up with a group from my single's ward for a drive-in movie. It all seemed pretty good.. but when he was driving me home he started talking about potentially getting married and asking how many kids I'd like to have with him... and I was like ... .... um, this is really too fast for me (I almost hyperventilate when a guy comes on that strong.. like WHAT?!) and he's like, oh yea.. but (taking my hand!) isn't it amazing we're discussing it?

I kid you not he looked normal, acted normal on the date, I liked him.. until that. Yikes.

I would give pretty much any guy one chance. I went on some first dates I really didn't want to. (Maybe that's why I have so many good dating stories). But when you're trying to size up my bra size or my intelligence, based on limited conversation, or show me all the pictures you've drawn of every girl you've stalked since puberty, date 2 probably isn't going to happen.

What's funny is he didn't just size up your intelligence, he sized it up and decided it was wanting by the standards of his family, and then told you.

I've never turned down a date, either. So I've come across some "winners", too.

Date: Are you Mormon?

Me: Yeh but inactive.

Date: Are you a good girl, or a bad girl?

Seriously?

In one of my college classes there was this gorgeous man but he was very quiet and kept to himself. One of my friends especially fancied him but was too shy to approach him, and didn't want any of us to do it. So one day we put a note on his car that read: Hi! I'm in your class and wanted to know if you're single. Would you please wear a red shirt next class if you are married or have a girlfriend? If you aren't - see you then! Turns out he was taken but what a good sport!

The sad thing about this guy is he was probably judging the level of intelligence by bra size. :eek:

I basically got an informal marriage proposal on a first date. Let's just say I ended things with that person, and almost had to get a restraining order to get him to get the hint. I was fully prepared to follow through with that threat, and I still am, but since this guy knew he'd be fired on the spot, he has left me alone.

In one of my college classes there was this gorgeous man but he was very quiet and kept to himself. One of my friends especially fancied him but was too shy to approach him, and didn't want any of us to do it. So one day we put a note on his car that read: Hi! I'm in your class and wanted to know if you're single. Would you please wear a red shirt next class if you are married or have a girlfriend? If you aren't - see you then! Turns out he was taken but what a good sport!

I'm sure he and his wife/girlfriend got a good laugh about it. A girl likes to know that her man still has "it."

Guest Doctrine

may be off topic but my pick up line I used on my wife after meeting her for the first time at a dance was " So, would you like to get together and study the scriptures sometime" she said "yes" and the rest is five years of happiness and a wonderful little boy.