Google the word "Askew"

MorningStar

Fun! Does it bring up the same thing for everyone?

It'll select from a list of options. I've noticed:

• I'm Feeling Trendy
  • I'm Feeling Wonderful
  • I'm Feeling Hungry
  • I'm Feeling Doodley
  • I'm Feeling Puzzled
  • I'm Feeling Artistic
  • I'm Feeling Stellar
  • I'm Feeling Playful

It'll select from a list of options. I've noticed:

• I'm Feeling Trendy
  • I'm Feeling Wonderful
  • I'm Feeling Hungry
  • I'm Feeling Doodley
  • I'm Feeling Puzzled
  • I'm Feeling Artistic
  • I'm Feeling Stellar
  • I'm Feeling Playful

Try clicking them

The map I see is only about an hour from where I'm sitting, and I'm n the other side of the country from you...I'm pretty sure it's tailored to the user. :)

How about that? I guess I am signed in to something or other that Google recognizes, or else it looks at my IP. Though it's strange how often I get a map of Wisconsin or New York when I do Google searches...

Google provides two kinds of optimizations for searches. The first is call global searches - here we all see the same list of topics according to Google's methods of optimization - in technical terms this is called SEO.

The second optimization for searches is called "places". Google looks at the location of your internet server and optimizes listing in your local area. This local place is listed on the left side column (near the bottom) of your Google page. You can, if you wish change the location of this place that defines your searches. So that if you type in Salt Lake City, Utah you will see the same map that everyone in the SLC area sees. This is a great way to look up and check out places you plan to visit.

Also if you use a mobile device like a smart phone - Google will use the location of your mobile device (gps) to determine you place and show the map applicable to that place.

The Traveler