General Conference time again!

HiJolly

The MoTab music planned is as follows(subject to change):

6 Oct 2012

SATURDAY MORNING

HB 67 Glory to God on High (verses 1 and 3)

How Firm a Foundation

HB 220 Lord, I Would Follow Thee (4 verses)

HB 19 We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet (congregation)

Will Follow Gods Plan

Now Let Us Rejoice

HB 96 Dearest Children, God Is Near You (contingency)

HB 14 Sweet Is the Peace the Gospel Brings (contingency)

7 Oct 2012

SUNDAY MORNING

HB 272 Oh Say, What Is Truth

The Morning Breaks

Does the Journey Seem Long

HB 249 Called to Serve (congregation)

If the Savior Stood Beside Me

If the Way Be Full of Trial, Weary Not

HB 81 Press Forward, Saints (contingency)

HB 116 Come, Follow Me (contingency)

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

The Daydawn Is Breaking

Did You Think to Pray

HB 66 Rejoice, the Lord Is King (congregation)

God Be with You Till We Meet Again

HB 113 Our Savior’s Love (contingency)

HB 125 How Gentle Gods Commands (contingency)

HiJolly

:D

And the Backroads family may be watching it from the comfort of home. Because, whilst smoozing with the internet provider, they found it a cheaper option that would charge them 20$ less while boosting the internet speed, giving them Netflix, and... cable that they might watch conference.

I hope HiJolly looks nice on tv.

C'mon Skippy. Get with it! You know that being a mormon means knowing all the acronyms.

Only if you're LDS with kids going to BYU and teaching at the MTC, and your HPGL asks for your HT stats because the SP's on his case, while your beloved EC (which the world calls your "SO") asks if you're working at DI on Tuesday (YM/YW activity night, the day after FHE), because the RS is planning the Scout CoH and has asked you to help out the MIA Maids by babysitting the CTRs with a few of the younger EQ RMs.

Edited by Vort

If you go to the lds.net facebook, he's in one of the pictures. :)

Bwahahaha! You know I'm gonna look. And then you know I'm gonna find HiJolly in the crowd while I'm watching conference in my bunny slippers. And then l'm gonna totally name drop while my kids are coloring Pres. Monson's face. My kids will be like way impressed.

Bwahahaha! You know I'm gonna look. And then you know I'm gonna find HiJolly in the crowd while I'm watching conference in my bunny slippers. And then l'm gonna totally name drop while my kids are coloring Pres. Monson's face. My kids will be like way impressed.

Anticipating the conversation:

"Hey, kids! Look! In the Choir! There's my friend HiJolly!"

"What kind of a parent names his son 'HiJolly', Mom?"

"Well, that's not really his name."

"Oh. What is his name?"

"Um....I don't know."

"You and he are pretty tight, huh, Mom?"

Only if you're LDS with kids going to BYU and teaching at the MTC, and your HPGL asks for your HT stats because the SP's on his case, while your beloved EC (which the world calls your "SO") asks if you're working at DI on Tuesday (YM/YW activity night, the day after FHE), because the RS is planning the Scout CoH and has asked you to help out the MIA Maids by babysitting the CTRs with a few of the younger EQ RMs.

So you say you are having your PPI before working at the DI instead of going to YM.

I have to work and will miss the Saturday sessions, but I always buy the DVD's to watch over and over! I love hearing and seeing the choir! I could sing/hear " How Firm a Foundation" 7 days a week and twice on Sunday!

I am music director in our ward....best calling ever!!! I was raised and still live in the South, so sometimes our pianist gets a little carried away, and a lot of our Baptist roots come out and we all have our feet tapping to the hymns :D.

I love the hymns!! And I listen to the talks so I can get to the music....just kidding. I always look forward to Conference!!

I guess that baptism took - I actually know almost all of these except for 'DI' and 'EQ RM.' I know what RM is, but not EQ. I am the SP, but I don't get on anyone's case until the end of the month.:lol:

The first time I watched Conference, before I was baptized or even met with missionaries, I was impressed by 'How Firm a Foundation.' It sounded so Protestant!

I guess that baptism took - I actually know almost all of these except for 'DI' and 'EQ RM.' I know what RM is, but not EQ. I am the SP, but I don't get on anyone's case until the end of the month.:lol:

The first time I watched Conference, before I was baptized or even met with missionaries, I was impressed by 'How Firm a Foundation.' It sounded so Protestant!

DI = Deseret Industries. That's less of a Mormon thing and more of a Jello Belt thing (obviously there is a lot of crossover), it's the Church's version of The Salvation Army.

EQ = Elder's Quorum.

SP = Stake President (possibly Presidency), at least in the case of Vort's initial soup. What is your's standing for?

Edited by Dravin