Is today a good day?

Traveler

Guest bootoy

After this past conference, and being counseled to be happy in the moment... to enjoy the journey - not the finish line... I am trying to find joy in little things. So ... for today... Im grateful my keyboard is keeping my freezing fingers warm.;)

We've had such a bad fire season in Idaho that the skies have been gray-yellow and gloomy more often than not. So today I'm really enjoying having the curtains wide open with lots of sun streaming in, and clear blue skies outside.

I'm also simultaneously loving and struggling with two toddlers in the house. The challenges, though, are dwarfed by the extreme cuteness doubled. I love how they wake up so happy to see each other, and talk together in their own language.

What lights up your day and makes you happy despite anything else that could possibility happen?

My daughters have this power over me, on occasions when they exercise this power. On other occasions, they're part of the 'anything else'. :)

There are events that preclude happiness, and it is just not to be found for a while. To force happiness in these cases, would be to engage in lightmindedness, or mock sacred things.

What about you Traveler?

My greatest happiness and joys in life comes from getting through something that when it began - I did not think I could. I also very much enjoy being there when someone I love makes it through something that they thought was too much for them.

The Traveler