Elementary School Shooting

NeuroTypical

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never hear of someone breaking into a prison or jail and shooting anyone.

At least that much protection should be for the innocent children in our society.

Uhm, you rarely hear of someone breaking out of a prison too.

I don't understand this post.

You never hear of someone breaking into a prison or jail and shooting anyone.

At least that much protection should be for the innocent children in our society.

I see you are not LDS so you may not understand that Joseph Smith (the first LDS prophet of the restoration) was murdered while being held in jail. But you should remember that such was the circumstance in the death of John the Baptist.

The Traveler

• 5 weeks later...

Really sad. His daughter passed away from the after effects of the shooting that happened a few weeks ago this past Friday in Sandy Hook elementary New town Ct. One thing he did state in front of the camera, that is is not angry but to move on, help other people and those people help other people and show compassion.

Shooting victim's dad: 'This world is a better place because she has been in it' - CNN.com

Id say, this is far to late but, never less, its a start.

Obama seeks assault weapons ban, background checks on all gun sales - CNN.com

I think years ago, I had mentioned this, but I had lived in Belling ham Washington in 2000. I had driven a particular route as always from my house to work every day and back again. I always passed this one homeless shelter and some times, see homeless men stand on the curb smoking a cigarette. One particular homeless man got my attention. He was told African american and was wearing a military jackets and had his Basic training assigned duffle bag with him.

What I found particular odd, was the fact he was caring a military duffel bag. What I did not know, what he was caring the weapon in it, that turned him into the DC Sniper. Yes, I was looking at John Allen Mohamad, years before he became the DC sniper.

Now, my question is, why did the homeless shelter carry out a policy of inspecting all homeless shelter bags before coming in? That should be standard policy for the safety of its occupants. Should they had inspected it and he rejected and left, would that be justification for police to stop him and arrest him for the stolen AR-15 he had in his possession? That policy could have saved alot of lives.

Should they had inspected it and he rejected and left, would that be justification for police to stop him and arrest him for the stolen AR-15 he had in his possession? That policy could have saved alot of lives.

A private business does not have probable cause to search your bags. They can set rules and if you refuse to follow them, i.e. searching your duffel bag, they can refuse you service. That action would not provide probable cause for the police to search your duffel bag either. So, no, that would not have saved any lives.

I remember similar rules when I worked in retail... seemed counterproductive.

The reasoning I was always given was, they could argue that they had intended to purchase. Once they've walked out the door, that argument becomes moot.

Backroads, They do inspect items purchased. Some companies will also inspect your personal effects before you leave if you could have stolen company secrets. One company known to do this is Electronic arts.

BTW, NRA has some serious issues since Brock Obama signed in some new laws that have yet to go though congress for approval. They are advocating that since Brock Obama's kids have guards, all schools need guards.

Also, since the Us has the highest volume of guns manufactured and also sold, a good number of them are smuggled into Mexico.

Before unveiling a massive billboard made of crushed gun parts, Calderon supervised the destruction of more than 7,500 automatic rifles and handguns at a military base in Ciudad Juarez.

Calderon said more than 140,000 weapons have been seized since December 2006, when he launched a crackdown against drug traffickers. More than 47,500 people have been killed since then.

I know my brother would appose tighter gun control laws. He had 23 guns, riffles, shot guns, assault riffles. But that's his problem. At least is is proactive and have them in a massive safe.