New temple video

mikbone

I donno how I would survive watching a movie and not talking during it...that would be the real test of faith:lol:

I'm curious Lakumi, why do you need to talk during a movie? Is it constant talking? And if so, don't you miss things about a movie if you're talking during it? Like I said, just curious.

M.

Don't worry Lakumi, if you are an MST3K fan, I get you.

I have the same problem, even in great movies, it isnt just chatting. It's making little riffs during the movie am I right? I have to hold my toungue during movies I shouldnt make comments during. MST for life! haha.

Don't worry Lakumi, if you are an MST3K fan, I get you.

I have the same problem, even in great movies, it isnt just chatting. It's making little riffs during the movie am I right? I have to hold my toungue during movies I shouldnt make comments during. MST for life! haha.

Yes exactly, that's exactly it-the riffs and comments and jokes

besides most of the movies I watch aren't anything worth listening to, pink ninja's appear, they fight, one wins

stolen music from A Clockwork Orange

scene:lol:

I didn't know there was a new movie. How do I know if it is showing at the temple nearest me? That would be the Washington DC temple.

Just call them and ask. My understanding was that it was being rolled out in English-speaking countries first, and we had it here in Perth (Pres. Hinckley: "Perth, Perth, the end of the earth" - you can't get any further from Utah than here) as of Wednesday 21 August - just two weeks after Utah rolled it out, so I imagine it would be in Washington D.C. by now.

As for the video, I hated it the first time I saw it, for all the reasons I already knew about (long pauses, however I also thought some of the acting was a bit over-the-top). However, I was follower for that session and thus all the things I had to do after the session were on my mind, so the session eating up 12-15 minutes more of time probably had a big bearing on my feelings for it, and probably dictated a lot of my state of mind.

Watched it just a couple days ago again, this time as a patron, and enjoyed it much more. I still prefer the old one though (it has a still image of a koala). Hope you enjoy it, mate!

P.S. I notice the strategically-placed (BYU) Cougar that has about 5 seconds of screen time (doing a roll on its back) is absent from this one. So are the hyraxes (random animal that is the subject of a running joke in my family), so a small bummer. The Church is still true though.

Edited by Torostoros

I finally had my chance to see the new video last night. I did find it nice to have a change to cause me to think about certain aspect in a different light. However, I also found certain components really distracting. There was a lot of CGI for scenery that made the actors look out of place and Adam and Eve seem like they are forty years old... which just doesn't seem right to me for them being in the garden. I also had a hard time with both of them having incredibly large chins and faces that lack any decent symmetry... I know this is my own weakness coming through (I don't expect them to movie stars, just not old and ugly.)

I'm sure with time I'll adjust to the new video, but I am hopeful the Church is rolling out alternate videos like how we had two before. Hopefully, the alternate will be less distracting for me.

• 5 months later...
I finally had my chance to see the new video last night. I did find it nice to have a change to cause me to think about certain aspect in a different light. However, I also found certain components really distracting. There was a lot of CGI for scenery that made the actors look out of place and Adam and Eve seem like they are forty years old... which just doesn't seem right to me for them being in the garden. I also had a hard time with both of them having incredibly large chins and faces that lack any decent symmetry... I know this is my own weakness coming through (I don't expect them to movie stars, just not old and ugly.)

I'm sure with time I'll adjust to the new video, but I am hopeful the Church is rolling out alternate videos like how we had two before. Hopefully, the alternate will be less distracting for me.

Forty is old?

I actually think Eve is very beautiful in this film.

I'm a minimalist at heart. When they added a music soundtrack back in 1990 or whenever it was, I wasn't real happy about it. So I have very mixed feelings about the new film (haven't seen the second yet), but on the whole, I think it's great. Keeps things from calcifying (or fossilizing). Some interpretations of some events have been given a new slant, which is not necessarily a bad thing at all, but I've noticed many people take such interpretations as etched-in-stone TRVTH.

I apologize for sounding like one of those people who love to complain "The Church is wrong blah blah blah." That is not how I feel. Sorry if I come across like that.