Resurrection and the Millenium

mamacurls

I was recently reading through my patriarchal blessing and read the part that explains I am sealed to come forth in a glorious resurrection. So, let's say the millennium is ushered in in five years from now (just using that amount of time for the purpose of my question). Because of what my patriarchal blessing says, does that mean I die prior to the millennium?

When I searched the Gospel Principles book (chpt. 45) about the millennium it says there will be no death, people will not die, instead they will be changed to an immortal condition. To be resurrected one needs to die first, right?

So will there be no resurrection of those living during the millennium? Because everyone during that time will be twinkled when they reach an old age.

You kind of have two questions.

No you wouldn't die before the Millennium.

Second, you are correct there is no death in the Millennium. People are twinkled like we say. (once you read the age of tree right?)

Being Twinkled is that your body changes from a mortal body to some type of immortal body. Does that mean you actually die for a second (Your heart stop). Who knows. But I sounds like there isn't time to plan a funeral.

Is there a difference between "quickened" and "twinkled"? My mother's p. blessing mentions both. It says she will be quickened to meet up with the Redeemer of the World in ushering in the 2nd Coming. Her blessing also states that she will change in a twinkling of an eye from mortality to immortality when her work is finished during the millennium.

Is there a difference between "quickened" and "twinkled"? My mother's p. blessing mentions both. It says she will be quickened to meet up with the Redeemer of the World in ushering in the 2nd Coming. Her blessing also states that she will change in a twinkling of an eye from mortality to immortality when her work is finished during the millennium.

I like this very simple and straight forward explanation. Those that are "quickened" or "translated" are like unto the 3 Nephites, the City of Enoch and so-forth. "Twinkled" is an expression for those that are quickened or translated to be resurrected in the "twinkling of an eye".

Now I am going to take a moment to expound a personal theory - not yet official LDS doctrine - :D. Theory: - The star of Bethlehem was actually a distant star (around 600 to 800 light years away) that went supernova. At this distance the radiation energy hitting the earth could cause the ozone to fluoresce for a period of time (3 days) in which there would be no darkness of night and no shadows as testified to in the Book of Mormon.

Continued theory: - the sign of the Christ mentioned in Matt 24 is a bright star (supernova) and at the second coming of Christ there will be another supernova but this time much closer to earth - perhaps about 400 light years from earth that will appear like the sun rising in the east. At this distance the radiation energy hitting the earth will be magnitudes greater. It will strip the earth of its atmosphere, set the world on fire, cause many of the oceans, lakes and rivers to boil. Pretty much what scripture describes as the end of the world and destruction of the wicked.

When this occurs - the saints and other righteous will be caught up and changed to translated being in order to survive. Those not translated will, of course, be burned in radiation similar or equal to thousands of hydrogen bombs. All those remaining because of being "saved" by Christ will form a society that will last for 1000 years of peace - living to the age of a tree. Sometimes thought to be 120 years but I believe that it may be as long as 1,000 years and that at the end of what is called the "Millennium" at which time all will be changed again and resurrected in an instant that I theorize to be a priesthood ordinance similar to baptism but performed by patriarchs in families.

Isn't speculation fun!!!

The Traveler

Mine doesn't say either of those things... only that I will be brought forth in the morning of the first resurrection.

I guess I'm gonna die.

Since I'm gonna die anyway, I might as well enjoy it and forget about all that diet and exercise garbage. :)

So just looking at the resurrection itself. It is when the body and spirit are to become united forever and never to be separated again.

If we die before the millenium then we separate from our bodies and then will be reunited never to separate again.

In the millenium we will still be granted a glorified body that will never separate with our spirit, even though we dont die.

I like this very simple and straight forward explanation. Those that are "quickened" or "translated" are like unto the 3 Nephites, the City of Enoch and so-forth. "Twinkled" is an expression for those that are quickened or translated to be resurrected in the "twinkling of an eye".

When this occurs - the saints and other righteous will be caught up and changed to translated being in order to survive. Those not translated will, of course, be burned in radiation similar or equal to thousands of hydrogen bombs. All those remaining because of being "saved" by Christ will form a society that will last for 1000 years of peace - living to the age of a tree. Sometimes thought to be 120 years but I believe that it may be as long as 1,000 years and that at the end of what is called the "Millennium" at which time all will be changed again and resurrected in an instant that I theorize to be a priesthood ordinance similar to baptism but performed by patriarchs in families.

Isn't speculation fun!!!

The Traveler

Yes, sometimes I wonder if we understand the promises of this gospel. Joseph said,

Now the doctrine of translation is a power which belongs to this priesthood, there are many things which belong to the powers of the priesthood and the keys thereof that have been kept hid from before the foundation of the world. they are hid from the wise and prudent to be revealed in the last times many may have supposed that the doctrine of translation was a doctrine whereby men were taken immediately into the presence of God and into an Eternal fulness but this is a mistaken idea. There place of habitation is that of the terrestrial order and a place prepared for such characters, he had in he held in reserve to be ministring angels unto many planets, and who as yet have not entered into so great a fulness as those who are resurrected from the dead. (TPJS 170)
As Joseph said, translated beings are part of a Terrestrial sphere. There is a lot to accomplish! We are still babes in our understanding of priesthood and the gospel. Elder McConkie said, "The holy priesthood did more to perfect men in the days of Enoch than at any other time. Known then as the order of Enoch (see D&C 76:57), it was the power by which he and his people were translated. And they were translated because they had faith and exercised the power of the priesthood" (The Doctrine of the Priesthood, Ensign May 1982).

I was recently reading through my patriarchal blessing and read the part that explains I am sealed to come forth in a glorious resurrection. So, let's say the millennium is ushered in in five years from now (just using that amount of time for the purpose of my question). Because of what my patriarchal blessing says, does that mean I die prior to the millennium?

When I searched the Gospel Principles book (chpt. 45) about the millennium it says there will be no death, people will not die, instead they will be changed to an immortal condition. To be resurrected one needs to die first, right?

So will there be no resurrection of those living during the millennium? Because everyone during that time will be twinkled when they reach an old age.

Don't need to die to be resurrected. You're body will just be changed.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, sometimes I wonder if we understand the promises of this gospel. Joseph said, As Joseph said, translated beings are part of a Terrestrial sphere. There is a lot to accomplish! We are still babes in our understanding of priesthood and the gospel. Elder McConkie said, "The holy priesthood did more to perfect men in the days of Enoch than at any other time. Known then as the order of Enoch (see D&C 76:57), it was the power by which he and his people were translated. And they were translated because they had faith and exercised the power of the priesthood" (The Doctrine of the Priesthood, Ensign May 1982).

Translation and twinkling are not the same thing. Translation is not death but is a change. Twinkling IS death. All men must die but in the case of twinkling it is basically an instant change. Isiah 65: 20 tells us that we will live to the age of 100 during the millennium.

Jerry

Translation and twinkling are not the same thing. Translation is not death but is a change. Twinkling IS death. All men must die but in the case of twinkling it is basically an instant change. Isiah 65: 20 tells us that we will live to the age of 100 during the millennium.

Jerry

Unless you go by 3 Nephi 28:3 which states 72.

3 Nephi 28:10 And he said unto them: Blessed are ye because ye desired this thing of me; therefore, after that ye are seventy and two years old ye shall come unto me in my kingdom; and with me ye shall find rest.

As you can see this is not reference to the age of man in the millennium but is rather specific to the disciples.

Jerry

To understand how verse three is a reference to the age of man one needs to read verse 3 (the Lord's response) with verse 2 (The request made)

Here is verse two

2 And they all spake, save it were three, saying: We desire that after we have lived unto the age of man, that our ministry, wherein thou hast called us, may have an end, that we may speedily come unto thee in thy kingdom.

Therefore after reading verse two it is very easy to read verse three the Lord saying, 'Yes here is how it will happen." So either you have the Lord saying the Age of Man is 72, or the Lord for whatever reason shortening the request by 28 years, and not really saying why.

Thus I think it is perfectly reasonable for someone to take the Lord at face value and thinking he says that the age of a man is 72... And let face it Christ is a pretty authoritative source on such things

Edited by estradling75

Hidden

Too understand how verse three is a reference to the age of man one needs to read verse 3 (the Lord's response) with verse 2 (The request made)

Here is verse two

2 And they all spake, save it were three, saying: We desire that after we have lived unto the age of man, that our ministry, wherein thou hast called us, may have an end, that we may speedily come unto thee in thy kingdom.

Therefore after reading verse two it is very easy to read verse three the Lord saying, 'Yes here is how it will happen." So either you have the Lord saying the Age of Man is 72, or the Lord for whatever reason shortening the request by 28 years, and not really saying why.