Ipod

ldsrebel

If you've got $500 laying around (or coming in the future), wait for the iPhone to come out. It'll be a music iPod, a video iPod w/3.5" screen (yes!), and a smartphone all in one.

However, if you're just going for an mp3 player, the smaller iPods are the way to go. You can use iPods with Windows if you download iTunes for Windows (free download).

And in case anyone was unclear, Macs rule and Win-doze boxes drool! B)

I've had several ipods. DON'T GET ONE unless it has a flash-drive. All of mine have had hard-drive problems accept the one with a flash drive. My business partner has owned almost every model since the very first release. He is a huge Apple freak (it's hard to deal with, but somehow I manage). Anyways, he has had hard-drive failures galore. I had one fail in one week.

They do make one that has little hard-drive problems, that is a Nano, it has flash-drives instead of a hard-drive. What a solution! I have yet to know someone with drive issues in their Nano. I realize you may want something with more memory, but the 8GB Nano is the best thing on the market right now. Perhaps flash technology will allow the Nano to eventually hold the heavy duty dual digit GBs, but 8 is enough for now.

I personally don't mind that much. I have more mp3s than 80GBs worth, so even if I was toting the top dog, I would still need to put music on and take music off. So, it is just the same to use the Nano.

So, if you just need the big dog, do it to it. But beware of those lame annoying hard-drive failures.

-a-train

I had an i-Pod shuffle until I did something and now the battery only works for a couple of hours. I went and bought a different MP3 player (Samsung) but I haven't figured out how to tranfer my music from i-Tunes to my new player. The only solution I've found so far, is to transfer it all to CD's then download the CD's to my hard drive, then to my MP3. Anybody have any other ideas? :dontknow:

I have a shuffle. It's been great for what I needed it for. The only thing I dislike on it is no face. You can't search for a particular song. My kids all have nanos and love them.

I got one for Mother's Day.

Life has been a bit busy and it's still in the box it came in it is iPod 80 GB 20000 songs PC & Mac. It had Video capabilities. I am trying decide if I want it, it seems a bit intimidating right now, maybe it's because there is so many others things going on in my life. :wacko:

I got one for Mother's Day.

Life has been a bit busy and it's still in the box it came in it is iPod 80 GB 20000 songs PC & Mac. It had Video capabilities. I am trying decide if I want it, it seems a bit intimidating right now, maybe it's because there is so many others things going on in my life. :wacko:

Just try it out. :)

If you don't like it I'm sure someone will take it..... :rolleyes:

Guest Brother Simon

I definitely recommend looking into other brands. Don't get me wrong, Apple is good, but there are better - those with a better price and better features. Creative makes some really good MP3 players, as well as MP3/video players. I am personally looking into the Creative Zen series of players.

Basically, before you jump on the bandwagon and go iPod because it's the most popular, make sure you've done your homework! Don't sell yourself short because of sales numbers. :)

Pax et bonum,

Simon

I definitely recommend looking into other brands. Don't get me wrong, Apple is good, but there are better - those with a better price and better features. Creative makes some really good MP3 players, as well as MP3/video players. I am personally looking into the Creative Zen series of players.

Basically, before you jump on the bandwagon and go iPod because it's the most popular, make sure you've done your homework! Don't sell yourself short because of sales numbers. :)

Pax et bonum,

Simon

yeah, I've looking.

But my mom wants to talk to Circuit City, as do I

Guest MrsS

The big ones seem too big for me. I've had a little SanDisc that you can easily attach to your arm and it holds all I need for riding, etc.

Me too - just got it, and finally figured out how to get the New Testament on it. Was listening to Matthew in the Dr's office. My Dr asked me what music I was listening to - I let him listen and his eyes got big and he said, what is this? He is from India. When I told him it was Matthew in the NT, he smiled so big and said, Oh, that is wonderful, how did you get the whole book in that little bitty thing? Is there a disc? I told him that I just plugged it into my computer than dragged and dropped. I listen to the scriptures, conference talks and then to some music while I am working- or in waiting rooms at the Dr's/cardiologist/atc.

DON'T GET AN IPOD!

I have seen so many people have problems with them. Harddrives fail easily, and the internal battery is terrible.

The battery inside isn't replaceable. Well I should say that, it is replaceable, but the cost, and finding someone with the electronics know how to do it is difficult. As you use it more and more, the battery life will get shorter with use. Though this is not uncommon for any type of rechargeable battery for ipods, laptops, etc. The thing is though the battery is built into it, and you can't just replace it. You have to buy a new one, its part of apple's marketing for it.

Also they are a lot more expensive, compared to other similar capacity MP3 players. Also, ipods won't play any music you have in WMA format, Itunes will convert it to some other format that only Itunes can play.

All in all...I think they are just overpriced junk.

I got a creative zen vision:m 30gb, was $215 at best buy, and I like it. It also works with Napster To Go, so with that service you can download as much music as you like, and its only $9 a month. It only works with certain mp3 players that support digital rights management, and no ipods don't support that either.

DON'T GET AN IPOD!

I have seen so many people have problems with them. Harddrives fail easily, and the internal battery is terrible.

The battery inside isn't replaceable. Well I should say that, it is replaceable, but the cost, and finding someone with the electronics know how to do it is difficult. As you use it more and more, the battery life will get shorter with use. Though this is not uncommon for any type of rechargeable battery for ipods, laptops, etc. The thing is though the battery is built into it, and you can't just replace it. You have to buy a new one, its part of apple's marketing for it.

Also they are a lot more expensive, compared to other similar capacity MP3 players. Also, ipods won't play any music you have in WMA format, Itunes will convert it to some other format that only Itunes can play.

All in all...I think they are just overpriced junk.

That's what my Mom said.

But I've been asking around on other forums and people say that theirs work, the batterys tho...that could be a problem.........

I bought an iRiver H120 (20GB) a couple of years ago; I love it. Plays about any format, needs no special software; I just plug in the USB and it is seen as a hard drive. I drag the files in and it plays just fine. It even has a remote with an LCD display. It's the only MP3 player I've owned, so my experience has been limited but favorable.

Don't get me wrong, the battery will work fine for a few years, but if I'm going to spend 3 or 400 dollars on something, I want it to last a long time.

A few years is awhile! LOL

I'll be 16 next year so I'll be getting a job, if it lasts me five years I'll be 20...technology will emprove.

I bought a 30GB photo iPod off my brother, who had owned it for over a year. It's got a harddrive and had no problems. I've had no problems with it either, and its been in use for about two years now. No battery problems either.

I'm an Apple fan, and love getting into the upgrading stuff so replacing a battery wouldn't be a big deal for me. When I got my Macbook Pro, I took out about twenty screws, removed the keyboard, and slapped in a bigger harddrive. Supposedly you're not supposed to do that unless you're certified Apple tech, but to heck with what you're supposed to do!

Yes, while most Apple products are competitively priced, their iPods are for some reason unreasonably overpriced. But, they're cool and if you use iTunes (the best music organization/management software out there!), then it's a good match.

If you don't use iTunes, don't get an iPod.

I work with guys who make their living selling these things and each and everyone has an ipod. Think I'm the only person in the store with a plain ol' mp3 player. I'm taking my raise this week and looking at ipods, not sure about a nano or a shuffle though, thankfully i have the guys in the dept to give me a hand. I'm really starting to love working at best buy lol.