Tips on being mormon/mormon hacks

Sunday21

Does anyone have any tips on being mormon? Suggestions: never pray for patience. If you do everything will go wrong.

If your Bishop calls you to change your life radically e.g. Get married. Stay calm and say "I will fast and pray about that"

Never get into a fight with anyone. You may end up home\visiting teaching them

If you are asked to provide meals for a family, lean cuisine is okay

If you can't have the missionaries for dinner, you can bring them a cooler of frozen breaded chicken and ice cream.

You can ask for an adjustment to your visiting teaching, e.g. Some wards will let you do it without a companion

An iPod/iPad is easier to lug around than heavy scriptures.

why would a Bishop tell me to get married? And to who? To my knowledge I am not seeing anyone...

He can say Lakumi you should get married, but it takes two to tango...

no visitors in my home, no exceptions!

no idea what lean cuisine is

no visitors

no visitors!

I like books...

Begin your fast the night before... so you can sleep through most of it. Then you can eat like a hog after you get home from church.

Eat a huge lunch on Saturday (think: Chipotle burrito), then skip dinner, sleep through the night, skip breakfast, and eat when you get home from church. Learned that one on my mission.

Don't accept that assignment, someone like Sister X will do it.

Sister X is such an overachiever. What a showoff.

Why does Sister X get all the "important" callings? The leadership plays favorites.

Eat a huge lunch on Saturday (think: Chipotle burrito), then skip dinner, sleep through the night, skip breakfast, and eat when you get home from church. Learned that one on my mission.

That is GENIUS!! As someone who struggles with fast Sunday, I appreciate this.

Unless you have the late schedule...then I recommend skipping breakfast and lunch. :)

Don't get your own food storage or be prepared...that prepper nut in the ward will take care of all of us.

Seek out the fattest people you can find to be your friends. You may need them later . . .

(On a serious note: )

Callings are more fun if you can serve together with your spouse.

Post mission don't forget to sleep in as well. Put the fast in fast Sunday by limiting your time in your morning at home forcing you to get ready fast and go away from the food :lol:

For stake callings, it is a good idea to visit the wards around the stake rather than trying to get people to do things by phone. I once had a stake calling in which I was trying to perform the same way as it would be done in Utah. Things were not going well. I drove to the wards 50 to 100 miles apart and found that people had 4 callings, no cars to attend meetings, extreme poverty...no wonder things were not going well!

For stake callings, it is a good idea to visit the wards around the stake rather than trying to get people to do things by phone. I once had a stake calling in which I was trying to perform the same way as it would be done in Utah. Things were not going well. I drove to the wards 50 to 100 miles apart and found that people had 4 callings, no cars to attend meetings, extreme poverty...no wonder things were not going well!

They don't give you a calling where you need a car if you don't have one do they?

In the missionfield, yes they do! In small wards, they are just desperate to fill callings. I had a retarded brother called as a single adult ward rep. We drove him to the stake center for a meeting. He got lost in building and never showed up for the meeting.

I'd be very hesitant to take callings, no one I know has a car there'd be no way to get there.

Besides what the heck could I do?

I can be incredibly unreliable, and prone to fits of wanting isolation.

I always found the ward here boring due to, well no one being near my age. I can't at all relate to married people or children.:lol:

Don't think there is a single adult anything there lol (not that I'd go)