Post your desktop

Urstadt

Currently I have a photograph taken about 17 years ago of my family while we were at Old Sacramento.  We are all dressed in period costumes from the 1800's. It's a black and white photo.

True story:

When this thread first came up, I asked my husband if I could post my desktop the way it was suggested.  He said "no," that it wouldn't work with my Apple laptop. I'm technically challenged, so I started asking questions about the wallpaper photo I was using, and how it came to be my wallpaper. I hadn't chosen it, my grandson had put it as my wallpaper. Husband then proceeds to show me how to set up my desktop wallpaper photo. I told him, "don't erase the photo that grandson put up, because I love it" (It's of my two younger children and oldest grandchild). He said "don't worry, it's here on your computer, and it won't be lost". He then proceeds to show me where to go on my computer and how I could even copy Urstadt's photo, and have it as my wallpaper.  And voile, Urstadt's desktop photo was now my desktop photo. I tell him, "that's nice, now put back the picture of the kids. Well, long story short, we cannot find that photo anywhere on my computer. We searched through iPhoto, all my documents, and cannot find that photo anywhere. I have thousands and thousands of photographs that I have scanned and stored on my computer.

So, I searched through all my pictures on my computer and chose the black and white one that is currently my wallpaper. I don't know where or how my young grandson found the original photo and used it as my wallpaper.  I will have to hunt through my stacks of photographs and scan it again. It has literally disappeared from off my computer.

I'm not sure I can trust my husband again.

Edited by classylady

• Guest locked this topic