Affordable Care Act funded abortion--but no more

prisonchaplain

Supporters of Obamacare inadvertently admitted that the ACA funded abortion.  How?  When Republicans defunded insurance coverage elective abortions Democrats complained that this would be a tax hike for small businesses, who would now have to pay more for separate insurance coverage.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/nancy-pelosi-liberals-admit-obamacare-funds-abortion-now-that-republicans-voted-to-strip-funding-133040/

Reminds of the old joke--How do you know a politician is lying--his/her lips are moving.  :::sigh:::

They sometimes tell the truth.

A few years ago Obama said that the Affordable Care Act would "not add one dime" to the deficit.  He spoke truth.  Latest estimates show that the Act will add 13,000,000,000,000 dimes to the deficit.

(That's 1.3E+12 dimes for the geeks out there.)

Edited by PolarVortex

Insurance companies are laughing all the way to the bank with the Affordable Health Care Act.  You don't have a "government approved health insurance plan," then we are going to tax money from you and give it to the rich health insurance companies.  What do the uninsured get in exchange for this?  Nothing.

Some have said the President is not a real Christian.  Such comments are dangerous.  However, it certainly is fair to say that this POTUS has been openly hostile towards people of faith, when it comes to conflicts between their convictions and his opposing social policies. 

It's unfair to claim that Obama is not a real Christian, since at most one person (Obama himself) knows this.

But it is fair to claim that Obama is not a practicing Christian.  I did a quick search and learned that Obama went to church a total of 18 times in the first five years of his presidency.  I mean, come on, the guy could snap his fingers and have a 30-minute Sunday church service in the White House with any minister in the country.  Deeds are words.

Could LDS members get a temple recommend if they were in good health and good standing but attended sacrament meetings only once every 14 weeks?  I'm asking out of curiosity, I really don't know the answer to this.

The answer is no, though like you, I won't touch the question of whether Obama is "really" a Christian. Actually, that doesn't even concern me. I would vastly prefer an honest president who was a Muslim or Buddhist or atheist than our current CIC, Christian or not.

In Obama's defense, neither of the Bushes nor Reagan attended services much as President. Clinton and Carter, by contrast, attended regularly; and the latter apparently even taught Sunday school.

Well, then the Bushes and Reagan weren't practicing Christians either, at least in my book.  You are correct about Carter.  I remember stories about him teaching Sunday School as President.  But then he left the Southern Baptist Convention after some disagreement with SBC policies.

Someone described our current President as a "liberal fundamentalist," which I think is pretty accurate.  His strange beliefs about economics seem almost religious to me.