Truth Contest

Syme

So this thing has been going around YouTube for quite a while. The Facebook page has already gained 50,000+ likes.

http://www.truthcontest.com/

Just want to gain someone's snarky perspective of this (looking at you, Vort). With such gems as

"The Beatles themselves were like other men, but the music and lyrics channeled through them contained magic and messages from beyond the mind."

what's not to love?

Edited by Syme

With regard to the quote about the Beatles.  No.  I disagree.

I think just the opposite.

I think the songs were so ordinary, so usual, so just taken from everyday life that they hit a basic chord in the ordinary human and thus were popular.

As to screaming teen age, or pre teen age girls, they have always done that, over one thing or another.

dc

• 4 weeks later...

Glanced through the site and the FB page. Bleh. Mundane. Fell flat for me.

As for the Beatles...yeah, they lived in a "yellow submarine," (bong) and in a "sea of green" (marijuana) and strawberry fields forever (endless red needle marks in everyone's arms) with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (LSD), etc....magical imagery indeed. 

How's all that for snarky?  :cool:

Glanced through the site and the FB page. Bleh. Mundane. Fell flat for me.

As for the Beatles...yeah, they lived in a "yellow submarine," (bong) and in a "sea of green" (marijuana) and strawberry fields forever (endless red needle marks in everyone's arms) with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (LSD), etc....magical imagery indeed. 

How's all that for snarky?  :cool:

Thanks for ruining Beatles for me skalenfehl... and I thought Jojo was just a loner...

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why Vort gets all the credit for being King Daddy Snarky but I wouldn't list him first or even second on this board.

Thank you, Bini. I have probably brought my reputation on myself, but I don't think that as a rule I'm all that snarky.