Is polygamy necessary for exaltation?

13 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Another cut and paste job, shocking;)
This time you are just cutting and pasting from an anti-mormon website, you know which one I'm talking about too. wink, wink
Thanks for shedding light on your over zealous concerns, at least I know why now. If I thought you were here with pure intentions, I would be happy to help, but now, I'm not inclined to play the Zarahemla game any longer.

You found that too?

Yup.  It was compiled by none other than Sandra Tanner.  The funny thing is that unless you already know it's there and use very specific search terms, it doesn't show up on Google.  So, Zarahemla's claim that he simply googled it, doesn't hold water.  That's why I asked what search terms he used.

He had already known about the site (or someone told him about it) and he was more than happy to quote it as a source of truth.  This is not an honest questioner.  This is why he's gone all over the board on his positions on the matter.  Scattershot method.

16 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

So a lot of what 1 of the first 2 prophets said is wrong?

Well not wrong but not doctrine. They had their personal opinions about stuff, and maybe some of it was inspired but it never made its way into our cannon.  As such we cannot treat it as doctrine only the opinions of inspired men.

11 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

I just Googled prophets who believe in polygamy and found a site.

That is part of your problem

The scriptures (and the church teach us) that the way the Lord set up for us to gain knowledge is to feast upon the Word of God and to pray always.

It would seem from all your posting here you seem to be showing a clear neglect to the path that God has given us.  You understanding of scriptures and gospel principles that you have shown on this forum show that you have not spent the time pondering, reflecting, or serious study of the scriptures.

You appear to have at best a soundbite level of understanding of the scriptures and the gospel which is why you get blown to and fro by everything... and your "itching ears" lead you to partake of the fruit of some very bitter trees.

Humble yourself... until you are willing learn things the way the Lord and setup and instructed us to

10 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

That is part of your problem

The scriptures (and the church teach us) that the way the Lord set up for us to gain knowledge is to feast upon the Word of God and to pray always.

It would seem from all your posting here you seem to be showing a clear neglect to the path that God has given us.  You understanding of scriptures and gospel principles that you have shown on this forum show that you have not spent the time pondering, reflecting, or serious study of the scriptures.

You appear to have at best a soundbite level of understanding of the scriptures and the gospel which is why you get blown to and fro by everything... and your "itching ears" lead you to partake of the fruit of some very bitter trees.

Humble yourself... until you are willing learn things the way the Lord and setup and instructed us to

So when did you start spouting off such words of wisdom?  Oh, I see your avatar.  Pink instead of blue.  So recent change.  Awesome.  Do they have a neon green care bear?

Wait.  "Do Your Best Bear"?  What the ??

Edited by Guest

Actually what I Googled and care about was lds prophets believe there is polygamy in heaven. A lot of what I search about the subject is the question will there be polygamy in heaven. It's actually the first site that comes up when you Google lds prophets who believe there is polygamy in heaven.

4 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

A lot of what I search about the subject is the question will there be polygamy in heaven.

And you said that you're not obsessed with polygamy.  Again with the inconsistency.  Scattershot.  Try to confuse rather than address or answer.

3 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

And you said that you're not obsessed with polygamy.  Again with the inconsistency.  Scattershot.  Try to confuse rather than address or answer.

When did I say I'm not obsessed with polygamy? I think it's pretty obvious that I am. And follow up question, do you feel good picking on a 21 year old with mental illnesses on the Internet? Does that make you feel Christ like or does it better make you understand that my mental illnesses are why I'm inconsistent.

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

When did I say I'm not obsessed with polygamy? I think it's pretty obvious that I am. And follow up question, do you feel good picking on a 21 year old with mental illnesses on the Internet? Does that make you feel Christ like or does it better make you understand that my mental illnesses are why I'm inconsistent.

I'm very sorry about your mental illness, and I say that in all seriousness. 

I don't think @Carborendum is making fun of you at all. I don't know him real well, but I know him well enough to know that he isn't the type of guy to do that. 

8 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I'm very sorry about your mental illness, and I say that in all seriousness. 

I don't think @Carborendum is making fun of you at all. I don't know him real well, but I know him well enough to know that he isn't the type of guy to do that. 

Look at the other polygamy thread. He ended it with "whatever helps you sleep at night. Oh right anti psychotics". Doesn't get more of a jerk than that.

Edited by Zarahemla

Guest MormonGator
7 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Look at the other polygamy thread. He ended it with whatever helps you sleep at night. Oh right anti psychotics. Doesn't get more of a jerk than that.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, and I really am-I wish we could all find a way (myself included, of course) to disagree with being disagreeable. 

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I'm sorry that you feel that way, and I really am-I wish we could all find a way (myself included, of course) to disagree with being disagreeable. 

Well first he denied that women can be sealed to multiple men after their death by proxy which does happen but for some reason he doesn't think so and then he made fun of my mental illnesses by making fun of the anti psychotic Zyprexa that I take. I hate him. He's an online bully.

4 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Well first he denied that women can be sealed to multiple men after their death by proxy which does happen but for some reason he doesn't think so and then he made fun of my mental illnesses by making fun of the anti psychotic Zyprexa that I take. I hate him. He's an online bully.

And people who cut and paste from anti-sites to this site (which you very much did) should expect a hostile response in return.  People who scatter shot their complaints piling on one after the other while apparently not really listening (or only token responding) should realize that they will quickly wear out the good will of the people trying to help them. 

Now you state you a mental illness... So be it.  But that does not give your behavior a free pass.  Don't try to hide from the logical and natural responses to your actions by claiming the other person is a bully.

13 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Well first he denied that women can be sealed to multiple men after their death by proxy which does happen but for some reason he doesn't think so

It doesn't happen because it's not a valid sealing.  We make mistakes in temple ordinances all the time.  Such ordinances, even if performed, are not valid.  If it's not valid, it isn't a sealing. That is what I meant when I said they are not sealed to multiple men.

and then he made fun of my mental illnesses by making fun of the anti psychotic Zyprexa that I take. I hate him. He's an online bully.

I did not make fun of you.  You did.  I just wanted to leave you alone by my first "whatever makes you sleep at night".  YOU volunteered the medication.  I simply quoted you.

I hate him. He's an online bully.

How you feel about me is how you feel about me.  As for the bullying -- all I've done is tried to show you a very clear mirror of yourself.

3 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

And people who cut and paste from anti-sites to this site (which you very much did) should expect a hostile response in return.  People who scatter shot their complaints piling on one after the other while apparently not really listening (or only token responding) should realize that they will quickly wear out the good will of the people trying to help them. 

Now you state you a mental illness... So be it.  But that does not give your behavior a free pass.  Don't try to hide from the logical and natural responses to your actions by claiming the other person is a bully.

So people here are free to mock mental illnesses on this board and mods give them a free pass? I noticed you only defended carb and didn't say anything about his behavior not being the nicest. If that's the way mods act here too then I'm done with this board. Ban me suspend my account delete my account whatever. I see I'm not welcome anymore. Good day.

3 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

So people here are free to mock mental illnesses on this board and mods give them a free pass? I noticed you only defended carb and didn't say anything about his behavior not being the nicest. If that's the way mods act here too then I'm done with this board. Ban me suspend my account delete my account whatever. I see I'm not welcome anymore. Good day.

You really don't listen to a thing people say do you?

**Mod hat on for a moment**

Guys, let's settle down.

@Zarahemla, normally questions about moderating are best brought up directly with the mods via private message.  Since you've raised the question publicly, though, I will note that

1)  The "report" function exists because sometimes, we as mods don't catch every problematic post.  Our failure to publicly act on a post does not necessarily indicate our approval of said post, so please feel free to use the "report" function as you deem appropriate.

2)  While we all want to be sensitive to mental illness (such disorders being far more common, statistically, than most of us are willing to acknowledge); the simple fact is that in a discussion forum it is natural to expect some degree of coherence from each participant.  It's one thing to be open-minded enough to change your opinion when presented with additional evidence or sound argument--that, I think, is a major reason discussion forums like this exist.  But it's something else entirely to suggest that some sort of disability exempts one's own opinions from the rules of logic and consistency that (should) prevail in an open discussion.