Members flee my ward

Sunday21

Guest MormonGator
35 minutes ago, NightSG said:

I was just thinking it sounds rather like a few of the Southern Baptist churches I've dealt with over the years.

"Welcome to our church.  Now go sit over there and don't bother any of the good people."

A good thing to remember is that it's almost always the one pointing fingers that you need to watch the most with your spouse or checkbook. 

Edited by MormonGator

4 minutes ago, NightSG said:

There could still be an immigration process.  Just a long, difficult and painful one, with a lot more emphasis on swearing off the screwed up culture that you're leaving rather than trying to impose it on the place you're going to.

Don't even get me started.  I'd move back to Cali in a heart beat if I could.

I like good old Cali vs. The US Snark.  But it makes me wistful for good old fashioned Easterners vs. Frontier America Snark.

"I can't undertake to explain Brigham Young to your Atlantic citizens, or expect you to put him at his value. Your great men Eastward are to me like your ivory and pearl handled table knives, with balanced handles, more shiny than the inside of my watch case; but, with only edge enough to slice bread and cheese or help spoon victuals, and all alike by the dozen one with another. Brigham is the article that sells out West with us- between a Roman cutlass and a beef butcher knife, the thing to cut up a deer or cut down an enemy, that will save your life or carve your dinner every bit as well, though the handpiece is buck horn and the case a hogskin hanging in the breech of your pantaloons. You, that judge men by the handle and the sheath, How can I make you know a good Blade?"

- From Jedidiah M. Grant, One of Brigham's Councilors, shortly after President Young's death

Edited by NeuroTypical

On 9/26/2016 at 11:58 PM, Jojo Bags said:

If I had been an investigator the first time I had walked through the doors of my ward, I would have left withing a half hour and never returned.  If I were attending church for acceptance by people of the ward, I would be inactive.  My ward is a typical rural Utah ward.  Everyone is related to everyone else and there is no accepting of outsiders unless you've been there for 25 years.  Every other member who has recently moved to my ward has the same problem.  You can tell quickly those who never grew up in this ward by how much they are ignored.

(Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 7:2)
2  And the people were divided one against another; and they did separate one from another into tribes, every man according to his family and his kindred and friends; and thus they did destroy the government of the land.