Ok, I Feel The Need To Explain Myself...

Guest Yediyd

I have been getting a number of PM's asking me why I have not been around much... I have not left, I just got disillusioned about the double standard that is up here regarding cirtian people. Some are allowed to say what they will with no repercussions while others are put on mod status or banned without so much as an explanation!! I think that the rules up here are good ones, but only good if they apply to EVERYBODY and not just for a cirtian few!! It is obvious that my feelings on the matter mean nothing because I have brought this up to the mod staff with nary a response...so, I just realised that nothing was going to be done, and in disgust...I left. There you have it....I will pop in once in awhile as long as I am allowed to...but I have lost my heart for posting up here...

I have been getting a number of PM's asking me why I have not been around much... I have not left, I just got disillusioned about the double standard that is up here regarding cirtian people. Some are allowed to say what they will with no repercussions while others are put on mod status or banned without so much as an explanation!! I think that the rules up here are good ones, but only good if they apply to EVERYBODY and not just for a cirtian few!! It is obvious that my feelings on the matter mean nothing because I have brought this up to the mod staff with nary a response...so, I just realised that nothing was going to be done, and in disgust...I left. There you have it....I will pop in once in awhile as long as I am allowed to...but I have lost my heart for posting up here...

Hi Yediyd, nice to see you.

Do you have an example?

I have many, but the one that comes to mind is the most recient that I saw up here where I believe it was Susie who posted a heart wrenching story in which you responded in a very mean-spirited way to her. It is obvious that you care very little about the feelings of others, Snow.

It is also obvious you are above the rules of this board.

I have many, but the one that comes to mind is the most recient that I saw up here where I believe it was Susie who posted a heart wrenching story in which you responded in a very mean-spirited way to her. It is obvious that you care very little about the feelings of others, Snow.

Yed,

I am sorry I did not PM you as well, but I have been concerned and have been patrolling some of the other boards looking for you (I was looking for you signature writing style and heart). I am glad you reposted. I hope you continue to post here. Your voice is sorely needed.

Aaron the Ogre

You mean that thinking something that someone else - someone one not on this board - wrote is superficial is against the rules?

Nope. You can check. I am free to not like anything as you are free to not like my opinion. There is no requirement that everybody thinks everything is swell.

What is up with you people. Me not liking a something is a case of being mean-spirited. Wow.

Snow, I think this is all a case of, "It's not what you say, it's what they hear."

I personally may agree with you over the substance of what was being discussed, but perhaps the objections are to how you expressed it (and how I did too, apparently).

I don't think anyone is saying we have to agree with everything everyone posts. I think it's something else but I won't speak for the rest. I just know what I've felt directed at me.

<div class='quotemain'>

Yed,

I am sorry I did not PM you as well, but I have been concerned and have been patrolling some of the other boards looking for you (I was looking for you signature writing style and heart). I am glad you reposted. I hope you continue to post here. Your voice is sorely needed.

Aaron the Ogre I have been up on ldsforums.com if you are looking for me, you can find me there.

...and Snow...you can dislike what you please, but why must you berate and belittle? I have seen you do this on a number of occasions and it is very unbecoming. Just my opinion...and as I said, people were wondering why I have all but left ldstalk...There are other reasons, but you had a big part in it, Snow...

Snow, I think this is all a case of, "It's not what you say, it's what they hear."

I personally may agree with you over the substance of what was being discussed, but perhaps the objections are to how you expressed it (and how I did too, apparently).

I don't think anyone is saying we have to agree with everything everyone posts. I think it's something else but I won't speak for the rest. I just know what I've felt directed at me.

Exactly!!

Thank you CK...it is all about the delivery...I could care less if you like or dislike a post...but try to remember that a person is on the other side of your computer!!

...and Snow...you can dislike what you please, but why must you berate and belittle? I have seen you do this on a number of occasions and it is very unbecoming. Just my opinion...and as I said, people were wondering why I have all but left ldstalk...There are other reasons, but you had a big part in it, Snow...

Can you point to a single post where I belittled her? You confuse my dislike for what someone else wrote as belittlement of the poster who cut and paste it.

This place is going through a hyper-sensitivity cycle. Somehow people here seem to derive some of their self-worth from whether or not other people think their posts are special. If I wanted that, I'd go to Relief Society.

I much prefer an honest and blunt exchange where my views are challenged and expanded, my knowledge and understanding improved.

we hope over time that you will be here more. we all enjoy your thoughts and posts.

"You will never regret being kind"- Strawberry Fields
Here here!!!
<div class='quotemain'>

we hope over time that you will be here more. we all enjoy your thoughts and posts. I have not altogether left...I just got a little disillusioned over the unkind post. I will check in now and then.... There are many people up here that I enjoy exchanging with, you and Strawberry are among them. :)

Im sure most people feel the same about snow. To have to come online to be nasty to strangers and make derogative comments and then say 'im just expressing my opinion' is like a kid shoving another in the playground and saying, 'I can do what I like'. Its quite sad and quite pathetic, and as snow is one of the top posters here just goes to show what sort of life he must have-mostly stuck in front of a computer instead of having a real life. Snow seems bitter about life in general, and bitter people give out an ugly vibe. When I see snow's name on a post I automatically think 'ugly'.

Incidentally, the people on this site who have helped me the most are non-members. What a great example Snow is setting as an LDS thats all I can say.

Im sure most people feel the same about snow. To have to come online to be nasty to strangers and make derogative comments and then say 'im just expressing my opinion' is like a kid shoving another in the playground and saying, 'I can do what I like'. Its quite sad and quite pathetic, and as snow is one of the top posters here just goes to show what sort of life he must have-mostly stuck in front of a computer instead of having a real life. Snow seems bitter about life in general, and bitter people give out an ugly vibe. When I see snow's name on a post I automatically think 'ugly'.

Incidentally, the people on this site who have helped me the most are non-members. What a great example Snow is setting as an LDS thats all I can say.

Hey Aph, check out this site: www.ldsforums.com I think you will find the people quite to your liking!! And meanspiritedness will NOT be tolorated up there!! I have taken up residence over there and some of my friends from this site have followed me!!! Come join the party, Iggy made brownies!!!! :rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'> Im sure most people feel the same about snow. To have to come online to be nasty to strangers and make derogative comments and then say 'im just expressing my opinion' is like a kid shoving another in the playground and saying, 'I can do what I like'. Its quite sad and quite pathetic, and as snow is one of the top posters here just goes to show what sort of life he must have-mostly stuck in front of a computer instead of having a real life. Snow seems bitter about life in general, and bitter people give out an ugly vibe. When I see snow's name on a post I automatically think 'ugly'.

Hey Aph, check out this site: www.ldsforums.com I think you will find the people quite to your liking!! And meanspiritedness will NOT be tolorated up there!! I have taken up residence over there and some of my friends from this site have followed me!!! Come join the party, Iggy made brownies!!!! :rolleyes:

Following your recommendation I went into ldsforums today.

It was my first time there.

I have to say it was a really enjoyable experience. :P

Okay I'm just making an observation here. But there are many posts about contention and ugliness and such...yet the same people making all of these statements keep coming back. Even though there are mentions of "other" sites. Hmmmmm

:hmmm::dontknow:

Okay I'm just making an observation here. But there are many posts about contention and ugliness and such...yet the same people making all of these statements keep coming back. Even though there are mentions of "other" sites. Hmmmmm

Pam that is because you and I are here! :P

Oh and a few other SWEETIES!!! :D:D

<div class='quotemain'>

Pam that is because you and I are here! :P

Oh and a few other SWEETIES!!! :D:D

Oh sheesh I forgot. Thanks for reminding me. :sparklygrin:

I just have a long ignore list :idea:

Though I do think it is rather sad that I've even put some mods on my ignore list at times.

Also I don't think I've ever put a non-LDS poster on ignore, shouldn't we be setting the example?

Just my 2 cents. I only have a few posts and I'm still kinda new, so I'm not even sure if my thoughts count..