I follow the Q15 more than the US government

I follow our First Presidency and Quorum of 12 Apostles more than the elected leaders of the country because they can never lead us astray. so I know who ever wins tomorrow I know where I can turn for trust and guidance to lead to salvation and exaltation. anyone with me?

I'm not quite sure I understand this.

Q15 (I've never heard them referred to in this manner, but it is quite convenient I have to say!) are spiritual leaders.  The US government is mortal governance.  Mortal governance, of course, doesn't lead us to salvation and exaltation as it is mortal in nature.  It is our spiritual selves that get exalted.  But, the US government has a lot of control over our ability to exercise our free agency in our journey to salvation and exaltation.

So yes, regardless of what happens in mortality, the Q15 remains our spiritual leaders that we trust to guide us to salvation and exaltation.  Who wins tomorrow may affect the difficulty by which the Q15 can be free to guide us as well as the difficulty by which we are free to follow the guidance of the Q15.  But then, Christ did promise his covenant people that He will not  let us be tempted to sin more than we have the ability to resist, regardless of what mortal challenge we find ourselves in.

I've never been interested in "following" an elected official, (assuming "following" somehow means taking their ideas and wants and opinions and making them mine).  I've tried to vote for people who I believe best exemplify the ideas/wants/opinions I have, and then try to hold them accountable when they don't.  Which they often don't.  Which is why I'm ticked at politicians these years. 

Better than any mortal or fallible man or group of men, is the Holy Spirit. Mortals, to include prophets, can and do make mistakes, hence they are capable of leading us astray. The Holy Spirit does not make mistakes. The Holy Spirit never falters or fails. The Holy Spirit never lies or never is wrong. We can put complete trust in the Holy Spirit. Follow the Spirit above all else and no matter what happens in the world around you, you will be okay.

The foundation upon which if we build then we cannot fall, is the Spirit.

-Finrock

21 minutes ago, Finrock said:

Better than any mortal or fallible man or group of men, is the Holy Spirit. Mortals, to include prophets, can and do make mistakes, hence they are capable of leading us astray. The Holy Spirit does not make mistakes. The Holy Spirit never falters or fails. The Holy Spirit never lies or never is wrong. We can put complete trust in the Holy Spirit. Follow the Spirit above all else and no matter what happens in the world around you, you will be okay.

The foundation upon which if we build then we cannot fall, is the Spirit.

-Finrock

Helaman 5:12  Not the Holy Ghost, Christ.

If I thought the Spirit was telling me to do something contrary to the prophet and apostles, I would seriously question my ability to receive and understand revelation from the Spirit.  On the other hand, when the Holy Ghost, Prophets/Apostles, and Scriptures all agree, I have confidence.  Rely on all three and you'll be better off.

6 minutes ago, zil said:

Helaman 5:12  Not the Holy Ghost, Christ.

If I thought the Spirit was telling me to do something contrary to the prophet and apostles, I would seriously question my ability to receive and understand revelation from the Spirit.  On the other hand, when the Holy Ghost, Prophets/Apostles, and Scriptures all agree, I have confidence.  Rely on all three and you'll be better off.

Essentially the same thing. The rock upon which the Church is built, is the Spirit. The Spirit is the voice of God. The words of Christ, are Spirit. The Spirit is what Jesus Christ received and followed. The Spirit is how we get to know Christ. You should be aware that there are three phases to the Light of Christ: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1977/04/the-light-of-christ?lang=eng

Prophets are prophets because of the testimony of Jesus, which can only come from the Spirit. Prophets are prophets when they speak by the Spirit. Otherwise, they are just men voicing their opinions. The Spirit is what the prophet follows. Scriptures come by revelation, which comes by the Spirit. The Spirit is the voice of God. When the Spirit speaks, God speaks. When the Spirit says something, it is scripture. The words which Jesus speaks, are spoke by the power of the Holy Ghost.

If you are following Christ, you are following the Holy Spirit. We know Jesus is Christ through the power of the Holy Ghost. All truth is know through the Spirit. You confirm the words of scripture and the words of prophets through the Spirit. You can't know the scriptures are true without the Spirit. Spirit matters most. It is the rock upon which if we build, we cannot fall. The Spirit of Christ is what we must obtain and retain.

God, Christ, Spirit is what we can absolutely rely on and where we should be putting all of our faith and hope in to.

-Finrock

1 hour ago, Sunday21 said:

I am with you @Zarahemla I was sad when the church came out against euthanasia. I will likely live a longtime so I am sure that I will wish that I had such an option! But the church says 'no' so 'no' it is!

I feel the same way on the right to die issue, but the church has said it's not right to end life before God says it's time. we can extend life beyond its time though with use of machines and medicine.

5 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

I feel the same way on the right to die issue, but the church has said it's not right to end life before God says it's time. we can extend life beyond its time though with use of machines and medicine.

How do you know that you are extending beyond its time?   

Guest MormonGator
13 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Then if you are LDS, you shouldn't end your life early. If you are not LDS, you shouldn't be forced to follow our rules. 

It's important to distinguish between euthanasia and just not-availing yourself of means to extend life.  

Let's say you get terminal cancer.  Euthanasia would be taking a pill or getting a shot that kills you.  Plain old not extending your life would be refusing chemo/meds/radiation and just treating the symptoms as they arise.  Hospice is great at this these years, btw.

Everyone go watch My Life to get a good overview of what these choices look like.

Edited by NeuroTypical