2 minutes ago, Vort said:

I didn't reply, but if I had, I wonder how I would have been counted.

You would have been counted by putting a mark in the "M" column (in Robert Oster Blue Denim, with a Visconti EF nib), just like all the other known males (based on profile gender and/or remembered comments).  The mark would have had quite a bit of red sheen since I would have intentionally put a bit of extra pressure on the nib for that express purpose. :D I'm sure your mark would have been just as satisfying as all the others...

3 hours ago, Mikee2735 said:

As several of the what appears to be very few men on this website have pointed out, it seems most the members who have at least commented on my post are females. Hence I probably will not and thus far have not gotten a fair shake of responses. I came onto this site and joined to get a non judgmental and un biased opinion from others as to what I needed to do to resolve the issues I am having with my wife. Members of the church are supposed to be non judgmental of others. But its pretty obvious some on this this site do not apply the same personal standards we are suppose to hold ourselves to in everyday life. Just a tidbit about what I have already said in my original post and comments thereafter,  I have spoken to her in an non rude or attacking manner several times in the past. I didn't come into this marriage with any pre conceived notions she was solely responsible for the maintenance and up keep of the home. I don't treat her badly as some would suggest. I clean after myself and her out of frustration that she wont help. And I have suggest marriage counseling which she does not want to participate in. Venting frustration is completely different than treating someone badly.  For those who believe I am this evil man who demeans his wife because she wont add to the help around the house, your are so far off base and wrong. But again it appears most of  those who have read and commented on my post are female majority so I wont get any positive or helpful feedback. Thank you for the time you invested in reading my post, but I think I will seek guidance where I wont be judged by a bunch of females who are going to take sides no matter what. 

Careful, Mikee.  I am a man and I am so manly I can barely withstand my own presence sometimes!  How very Mac Davis of me.  In any case, what makes me manly is serving my wife and daughter.  True manliness is getting home from a hard day of work and then doing the dishes or cooking dinner to show my wife I love her, not hitting the X-Box for five hours after work.  Yeah, it is giving more than "my fair share".  But I will tell you a secret - by giving more than your fair share, you build a happy, stable marriage!  

Edited by DoctorLemon

6 hours ago, Mikee2735 said:

Members of the church are supposed to be non judgmental of others. But its pretty obvious some on this this site do not apply the same personal standards we are suppose to hold ourselves to in everyday life.

It sure would be nice if people would start to understand that having an opinion does not = being judgmental. 

I thought my suggestion/s were quite fair and I'm sorry you didn't see the value of what I shared or that it came from a woman.

19 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Creepy female attempting to put us in a wide-eyed hypnotic Scandinavian trance?

Dangit.  I was gonna say that.

Well, it seems he's buggered off.  I was going to say that he reminded me of a former roommate.  He got divorced from his first wife after less than a year.  He spent many years single.  For the most part, he seemed very nice and affable.  But once in a while he'd get all uptight about the slightest things and blame everyone for everything. 

Then he'd go back to being nice again.  What I wonder is if my roommate or Mike ever figured out what they were doing wrong.

Edited by Guest

On 2/17/2017 at 6:39 PM, my two cents said:

It sure would be nice if people would start to understand that having an opinion does not = being judgmental. 

I thought my suggestion/s were quite fair and I'm sorry you didn't see the value of what I shared or that it came from a woman.

Very true, I have learned early on in this forum that people will speak their minds according to their own life experiences and perspectives, It is up to me (as the one seeking advice) to filter through the information that adds value to my situation. Here is something to think about - the 35yr old version of me would probably not accept or like advice from the 40yr old version of me.

To the OP, keep asking questions and learn from any source that you can. Fact of the matter is that you need to live your life and experience things for your self. Five yrs ago my wife left the church and tried to make the kids leave too, at the time it was very hard and it still kind of is, I came here asking questions but really I was seeking comfort because I already knew that life is filled with trials. No one can live your trials for you.