Next time you think your marriage is bad...

NightSG

Just now, zil said:

Not even in Canada.  Jars of maple syrup almost made it in, but didn't pass muster.  There are rumors of maple-tree switches being used in place of sabers.

The mafia in Quebec found where the Marketing Board stored their maple syrup (General idea:The marketing board forces all the producers to sell to them. Only the marketing board is allowed to sell the syrup. So the marketing board can set the price). So the mafia would sneak into the syrup store house and replace the syrup with water and sell off the syrup. Dirty water by the way so people got sick!

Just now, Sunday21 said:

Hmmm well if I cannot not use maple syrup, maybe I can sick my moose on Ask?

A sick moose is probably less of a threat than siccing a moose on someone (assuming the moose is trained).  That said, I can find no reference to "moose" as an approved dueling weapon.  I suppose this could be a way to avoid the duel.  I hope your moose is a good swimmer, since Ask is unlikely to come to Canada just to get a moose sicced on him.

Just now, zil said:

A sick moose is probably less of a threat than siccing a moose on someone (assuming the moose is trained).  That said, I can find no reference to "moose" as an approved dueling weapon.  I suppose this could be a way to avoid the duel.  I hope your moose is a good swimmer, since Ask is unlikely to come to Canada just to get a moose sicced on him.

What Ask is not prepared to travel for this match! How uncivil! 

Just now, zil said:

Well, he could say the same for you and your moose.

But we are talking about a Canadian moose..no actually, they are very stupid really! Keep sitting down in the middle of the highway!

Moose-Vehicle Awareness

People have been killed in moose vehicle collisions. More often they are injured, resulting in hospitalization, time off work, and loss of pay. Cost estimates for vehicle damage alone are more than $1 million annually.

3 minutes ago, zil said:

Well, he could say the same for you and your moose.

For that matter, since you issued the challenge, I'm pretty sure he gets to pick the weapons, so your moose is out.

2 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

more than $1 million annually

Yeah, but that's Canadian dollars.  What is that, like $7,500 US?

@zil Love that wiki list! Look at this one from the Canadian Section. Is this a Canadian duel or what!

• 1836: Two duelling politicians from Lower Canada were lucky to have sensible seconds. Clément-Charles Sabrevois de Bleury, a member of the Lower Canadian Legislative Assembly, insulted fellow politician Charles-Ovide Perreault. Perreault then struck de Bleury, and a duel was set. Both men were determined to settle the matter with pistols, but their seconds came up with a unique solution. The two foes would clasp hands and de Bleury would say, "I am sorry to have insulted you" while at the same time Perreault would say, "I am sorry to have struck you." They would then reply in unison, "I accept your apology." The tactic worked, and the situation was resolved without injury.
Edited by Sunday21

On 5/28/2017 at 11:35 AM, eddified said:

This nugget was a fun way to close the article:

"For the husband, he may now face charges under the state’s tough prostitution laws, which make it illegal to engage in any type of sexual activity in exchange for money or some other form of compensation – even if it is with one’s own spouse."

I don't believe such a statute could possibly hold up in court.

2 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

The Most Ferocious Duel" in Canadian history took place on April 11, 1819...wow! Most ferocious any thing in Canadian history is probably not very exciting!

What do you call Hockey Season?

On 2017-5-31 at 5:11 AM, Sunday21 said:

Hmmm well if I cannot not use maple syrup, maybe I can sick my moose on Ask?

Hmm, first you propose a duel and then you avoid it by proposing that a moose takes your place. How very Canadian. Well if you can have a moose to take your place, I can have a boxing kangaroo take my place and we can duel by proxy. And for Zil's sake, its commentated by someone who sounds like a Russian

On 2017-5-31 at 5:13 AM, zil said:

Moose is what is likely to happen if we did duel with approved weapons, as in Sunday, once she had found the trigger, would then pull, push, squeeze, or whatever it is that one does with triggers, and having fired the gun in my general direction, its likely that, rather than hitting me, she would "moose" and I would emerge unscathed.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...