Taking a knee during the national anthem.

Traveler

Guest Godless
2 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Intersting, but I'm not sure the former green beret card works just because you can almost certainly find a green beret who strongly disagrees with Kapernick. 

The same can be said of just about any demographic. But to me, the fact that Kaepernick's decision to kneel instead of sit was influenced by one of our nation's elite soldiers isn't without significance. And if nothing else, it's a great example of how people with differing views can work out their differences in a reasonable manner. There seems to be a lot less of that in Trump's America than we used to see, and both sides are at fault. 

And to be fair, I don't think there's been any indication that Boyer actually agrees with the protests. He merely reached out to Colin to try to get him to consider a more respectful (in Boyer's view) way to protest during the anthem. 

1 minute ago, Godless said:

There seems to be a lot less of that in Trump's America than we used to see, and both sides are at fault.

Ha ha ha. Like how everything was so peaceful and respectful under Obama, right? Like how he kept his solemn vow to work across party lines. Uh huh.

The difference between Trump and Obama is that Obama tried to (thinly) veil his disgust toward conservatives -- you know, those folks who cling to guns and religion. Trump has no such filter.

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Vort said:

Like how he kept his solemn vow to work across party lines.

Both sides love bipartisanship when they lose. When they win, bipartisanship is a four letter word. It's "roll over and play dead".  At least some of us are honest/cynical enough to understand this. 

On 10/25/2017 at 4:36 PM, Godless said:

The same can be said of just about any demographic. But to me, the fact that Kaepernick's decision to kneel instead of sit was influenced by one of our nation's elite soldiers isn't without significance. And if nothing else, it's a great example of how people with differing views can work out their differences in a reasonable manner. There seems to be a lot less of that in Trump's America than we used to see, and both sides are at fault. 

And to be fair, I don't think there's been any indication that Boyer actually agrees with the protests. He merely reached out to Colin to try to get him to consider a more respectful (in Boyer's view) way to protest during the anthem. 

I think it is without significance.

On 10/25/2017 at 10:16 AM, Just_A_Guy said:

It would be one thing to invoke your Trumpian brand of moral relativism to explain why you aren’t as concerned about Trump as you were about Obama—but doing so would require you to have some modicum of concern/mistrust about Trump as well; which I don’t remember seeing you express on this forum.

Are you just cranky that everyone can buy your secret cuddle-buddy now?

http://gettrumpybear.com/

21 hours ago, Godless said:

1. Why did I click on that? I can't unsee it, but I really wish I could.

You know you want one.  Or three.

2. The "flag-themed blanket" that comes with it may violate US Flag Code §176. 

Maybe extreme irony is an exception to the Flag Code:

zzypmujoegofwxs2rukr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 8:14 PM, NightSG said:

Are you just cranky that everyone can buy your secret cuddle-buddy now?

http://gettrumpybear.com/

Please tell me that is a joke website.  That can't be real.  I think I'll take a look outside and see if the world is coming to an end.  Oh!  A-ha!  It is coming to an end after all. I guess that's a real website.

On 10/30/2017 at 7:36 PM, NightSG said:

zzypmujoegofwxs2rukr.jpg

Is that photoshop?  Please tell me that's photoshopped.  I think I'll go look outside and... waitaminute.

https://www.snopes.com/football-fan-flag-stand-national-anthem/

Yup.  World's coming to an end.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, anatess2 said:

Nope, you don't get to be Citizen of the Year for doing good citizen things anymore.  You get Citizen of the year by disrespecting the flag and dissing the voting booth.

Yup; literally days after another guy risked his life to stop the Sutherland Springs shooter, they decide to honor an attention whoring crybaby instead.

Guest Godless
1 hour ago, NightSG said:

Yup; literally days after another guy risked his life to stop the Sutherland Springs shooter, they decide to honor an attention whoring crybaby instead.

Yes, because doing a complete overhaul of a magazine issue that was probably in the finishing stages of publication when the shooting happened is a perfectly rational and practical thing to do. 

There are arguably several better candidates than Kaepernick for that recognition, but to tie it in with Sutherland Springs is naive and petty. 

6 minutes ago, Godless said:

Yes, because doing a complete overhaul of a magazine issue that was probably in the finishing stages of publication when the shooting happened is a perfectly rational and practical thing to do. 

It's GQ; the biggest issue with a last minute overhaul is replacing the crayons the senior staff already ate.