So What Do You Prefer To Be Called?

Stealth3si

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Which of these do you prefer to be called personally if an atheist/agnostic/apatheist approached you?

1. Christian

2. LDS

3. Mormon

3. Restorationist

4. Other ______________

Appreciate your answer. I would go into other forum sections but not too many people there.

If you mean, "What name do I prefer someone not of my faith to call my faith as it pertains to me personally" then I would have to say....either LDS, Mormon or a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

If you mean, "What name would I prefer someone not of my faith to describe my faith as it pertains to me personally" then I would have to say Christian.

Or....

I you really mean,"Which of these do you prefer to be called personally if an atheist/agnostic/apatheist approached you" then I would have to pick #4....they can call me Terry or Mr. Dorsey if they prefer.

Hope that helps! :hmmm::annoyed:

Why do you ask Stealth?

Onyx

Just wanted to know how you like to be called. most catholics like to be called catholics, protestants generally prefer Christian ....and according to the LDS sample here like to be called Mormons. I suppose it'd be awkward if people addressed you as, "So you're an LDS?" or "A couple of LDS's visited me yesterday."

I'd like to quickly digress an unrelated issue here an atheist address to me earlier: According to today's moral standard, the Old Testament in the bible contains violent stories where God instructed His people to 'harshly' treat their neighbors. My response was God never condoned those immoral things. Other than the reason that God had a higher purpose for instructing His people to do those 'immoral' things, how did God justify His motives, not that I doubt His reasons for doing so?

The old testiment historical accounts of what you call immoral acts by the accountees need to be considered in perspective. The accounts of God's command of the Hebrews who entered the promised land to slay ALL the inhabitants was given for purposes known to God. Those purposes when not followed, later proved to lead to their downfall and bondage.

I also think that when we say people are killed, we need to remember that he distruction of all flesh at the time of the Flood and the distruction of Soddom and Gomorah were a result of Gods wrath on the inhabitants for their immorality and evil lifestyle. There are paralells with the world today if we continue with the trends we see around us.

The old testiment historical accounts of what you call immoral acts by the accountees need to be considered in perspective. The accounts of God's command of the Hebrews who entered the promised land to slay ALL the inhabitants was given for purposes known to God. Those purposes when not followed, later proved to lead to their downfall and bondage.

I also think that when we say people are killed, we need to remember that he distruction of all flesh at the time of the Flood and the distruction of Soddom and Gomorah were a result of Gods wrath on the inhabitants for their immorality and evil lifestyle. There are paralells with the world today if we continue with the trends we see around us.

????????? :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

I think this may have been posted in the wrong place.

I'd like to quickly digress an unrelated issue here an atheist address to me earlier: According to today's moral standard, the Old Testament in the bible contains violent stories where God instructed His people to 'harshly' treat their neighbors. My response was God never condoned those immoral things. Other than the reason that God had a higher purpose for instructing His people to do those 'immoral' things, how did God justify His motives, not that I doubt His reasons for doing so?

This the reference for the response.

<div class='quotemain'>

This the reference for the response.

My mistake, sorry.