Law of Chastity questions

girly girl

So my boyfriend and I are both endowed, we both have broken the law of chastity together before and have taken care of it. We recently have done things to break the law of chastity again together (not have sex). We are looking to get married in a few months, will this ruin our chances of getting married in the temple? Has this happened to anyone? What is the steps we will need to take?

Guest MormonGator

Hi @girly girl

First take a deep breath. I know it's probably very stressful and confusing right now. Everyone is human, and we all make mistakes. Remember that our Heavenly Father loves you no matter how many times you break a commandment. Just talk it over with your bishop and things will be fine. 

We're praying for you! 

First, welcome to the forum. As mentioned, go to your bishops asap since that is who can answer your questions. Aside from that, put some measures in place to prevent this from happening again.

Edited by Manners Matter

5 hours ago, girly girl said:

So my boyfriend and I are both endowed, we both have broken the law of chastity together before and have taken care of it. We recently have done things to break the law of chastity again together (not have sex). We are looking to get married in a few months, will this ruin our chances of getting married in the temple? Has this happened to anyone? What is the steps we will need to take?

If a temple marriage is important to you, then you would much rather go through it later and be worthy rather than lie your way through it now.

Definitly make the necessary steps now to make sure you are worthy when you do this 👍. Confess everything to your bishop.

22 hours ago, girly girl said:

Ruin? The only time our chance would be ruined is if we do not repent.

If you have a temple date, and if your choice was severe enough for formal discipline within the Church, then yes it may affect (not ruin) your opportunity to be married in the temple in few months. If the choice you made is sufficient for disfellowship (which typically is six months or longer) then the wedding date will need to be changed to a time where you would be worthy to enter once again.

As others have shared though, it is more important that you go through the repentance process then try to hide or cover your sin. This isn't a good choice. Sincerely and with a contrite spirit and broken heart speak with your bishops -- both of you. Resolve whatever needs to be resolved. Then put measures in place that will keep you chaste until you are married. Nothing is ruined, but a space of time for repentance will be necessary.