Who You Really Are

Aphrodite

Ok this is another thing I wonder what you all think. Me and hubby both go to church most of the time but basically are not living it. The other Sunday night hubby was hungry so we ordered a pizza. While he was eating it (I dont eat pizza) theres a knock at the door. Faster than a bullet out of a gun he snaps off the tv and shoots upstairs with the pizza box. The knock at the door was somebody leaving us a secret hamper for christmas which was lovely. But I got mad at him. I said, why lie and pretend you're this perfect member? Who cares if we're watching tv or having pizza on a Sunday? He even does it with his Mum. I say to him, if you want to do it, do it, and dont feel you have to hide it. He tries to hide things that he doesnt feel other members will accept or something, wheras I say, who are you living your life for, them or you?? He'll say, quick, hide that coke bottle if his Mum is coming round or something which I think is pathetic, just because they dont drink it. What do u all think?

'For, behold, you should not have feared man more than God. Although men set at naught the counsels of God, and despise his words— Yet you should have been faithful; and he would have extended his arm and supported you against all the fiery darts of the adversary; and he would have been with you in every time of trouble.' (D&C 37:7-8)

Now, you can put Mom up there at number two on the fear factor scale, I don't think the LORD will mind.

-a-train

I find that funny.

If he feels it is wrong, why does he do it?

He is being a hypocrite. It is so exhausting to lie.

I think he will give up one day.

No point in pretending. If he doesn't believe what people are telling him is right and wrong enough, then he just doesn't. No point in making a big scene about it. We accept other peoples beliefs all of the time. This shouldn't be any different.

Years and years ago my mom used beer as a hair rinse. Brought out the shine. Imagine her chagrin to run into the Bishop while at the store buying some. I told her she needed to start using a grocery store far from the house.

It would be even more interesting here where we do not sell liquor in the grocery store/convenience stores...just in the liquor stores. But you could always buy a bottle at one of the bar & grills. Of course they don't allow you to take it outside so you would have to beer your hair in their public restroom and blot the extra with tissue or get on your knees and use the hand blower.

Just remember that anyone is allowed to brew beer at home and I think one bottle every so often is not over the limit as long as it is for hair shine and not profit. But if you make a 12 month supply for your storage, it might be. A 72 hour ER kit would probably be okay with the limit. Use a balance of CH3CH2OH, C2H5OH or C2H6O for high shine performance. :ph34r:

It would be even more interesting here where we do not sell liquor in the grocery store/convenience stores...just in the liquor stores. But you could always buy a bottle at one of the bar & grills. Of course they don't allow you to take it outside so you would have to beer your hair in their public restroom and blot the extra with tissue or get on your knees and use the hand blower.

Just remember that anyone is allowed to brew beer at home and I think one bottle every so often is not over the limit as long as it is for hair shine and not profit. But if you make a 12 month supply for your storage, it might be. A 72 hour ER kit would probably be okay with the limit. Use a balance of CH3CH2OH, C2H5OH or C2H6O for high shine performance. :ph34r:

You can't buy beer in a convenience/grocery store?

<div class='quotemain'>

You can't buy beer in a convenience/grocery store?

tell me this is not true!!!!

That's the strange thing. When we travel to the states and wlak into a 7-11 looking for something to drink, and there's rows of beer and alcohol next to the coke and soft drinks. :dontknow: Up here, they can't even sell liquor in the supermarkets, they have to be in a seperate building. :dontknow:

Back to the issue at hand, Aphrodite, it seems clear that your husband is afraid of letting people down. What he needs to understand is that even if he does things that are not exactly what the Lord wants him to do, ie buying pizza on a Sunday, no one is perfect. Even though everyone may look perfect in church on Sunday, we all have our flaws. I thought this exact thing when I started to attend church again. I thought that church was no place for a flawed individual like myself, and that everyone there was perfect. It wasn't until someone who I thought led a perfect life got up and gave a talk. They described the sins they had fought through and still struggle with to this day. That was an eye opener for me. There are sins that I struggle with every day as well. Some of them big (wanting to have a "pint"), some not so much (swearing).

Good luck to you and your husband.

I thought that church was no place for a flawed individual like myself, and that everyone there was perfect. It wasn't until someone who I thought led a perfect life got up and gave a talk. They described the sins they had fought through and still struggle with to this day. That was an eye opener for me. There are sins that I struggle with every day as well. Some of them big (wanting to have a "pint"), some not so much (swearing).

You know what Canuck? I really really like you! :D

Elphie

That's the strange thing. When we travel to the states and wlak into a 7-11 looking for something to drink, and there's rows of beer and alcohol next to the coke and soft drinks. :dontknow: Up here, they can't even sell liquor in the supermarkets, they have to be in a seperate building. :dontknow:

Back to the issue at hand, Aphrodite, it seems clear that your husband is afraid of letting people down. What he needs to understand is that even if he does things that are not exactly what the Lord wants him to do, ie buying pizza on a Sunday, no one is perfect. Even though everyone may look perfect in church on Sunday, we all have our flaws. I thought this exact thing when I started to attend church again. I thought that church was no place for a flawed individual like myself, and that everyone there was perfect. It wasn't until someone who I thought led a perfect life got up and gave a talk. They described the sins they had fought through and still struggle with to this day. That was an eye opener for me. There are sins that I struggle with every day as well. Some of them big (wanting to have a "pint"), some not so much (swearing).

If the doors are open for me....they are certainly opened for you...... :D

Canuck, in future when I have any questions or problems I think I might just pm you directly and boycott the boards to avoid stupid answers as you always talk sense. If only all members were like you <_<